Circles.Life Discussion Thread

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
I've just received my new Maxx SIM today.
After activation, I tried porting, but I get this SMS:
Your number port request has been rejected by your previous service provider. Please call 68438288 for more details.
Is this normal? Did anyone successfully port from Circles to Maxx?

EDIT: Maxx app shows Porting Status: Failed (number_not_active)
Did I do something wrong?
nLHxHEI.png
 
Last edited:

ykeen

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 31, 2000
Messages
4,635
Reaction score
128
I've just received my new Maxx SIM today.
After activation, I tried porting, but I get this SMS:

Is this normal? Did anyone successfully port from Circles to Maxx?

EDIT: Maxx app shows Porting Status: Failed (number_not_active)
Did I do something wrong?
nLHxHEI.png


Did you managed to deactivate the Secure me in Circles Life app already? See below:

For those who intend to port out, please take note of the new "security process" :
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
Did you managed to deactivate the Secure me in Circles Life app already? See below:
Thanks for pointing out the "SecureMe" setting, I missed out that post.
Unfortunately, when I checked Circles app, that setting was already disabled.
pkTZ8kG.png

I have toggled it on and off again - just in case the app has bug with displaying the setting.

Update:
I've try porting in again - now I get this SMS:
Your request is approved and your number will be ported into MAXX tonight. There will be service disruption of up to 3 hours from 11pm during the porting process.

I guess the porting failed initially because I needed to wait more time after activating the new Maxx SIM for Maxx system to sync the activated status of my Maxx SIM card to whatever porting system
(the status number_not_active was probably from Maxx - not from Cicles).



What to do next after porting in to Maxx? Do I need to terminate my Circles account, or it is done automatically as a part of the porting process?
 
Last edited:

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
Actually this option for blocking porting with the option "SecureMe" is unacceptable. Under IMDA rules of Number Portability Guidelines, it should allow flexibility to port. Aside to all the relevant telco contract, it is between consumers and company. They shouldn't block porting. The secureme is just to protect any unauthorised transaction's.
 

Tedicious

Master Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
2,180
Thanks for pointing out the "SecureMe" setting, I missed out that post.
Unfortunately, when I checked Circles app, that setting was already disabled.
pkTZ8kG.png

I have toggled it on and off again - just in case the app has bug with displaying the setting.

Update:
I've try porting in again - now I get this SMS:


I guess the porting failed initially because I needed to wait more time after activating the new Maxx SIM for Maxx system to sync the activated status of my Maxx SIM card to whatever porting system
(the status number_not_active was probably from Maxx - not from Cicles).



What to do next after porting in to Maxx? Do I need to terminate my Circles account, or it is done automatically as a part of the porting process?
No need to do anything else now since u alr gotten the confirmation.
Wait till the porting is completing done in the early hours of tomorrow. When u see no service on your CL line, pop in the maxx sim card and shld be all good to go
 

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
82,864
Reaction score
7,415
Actually this option for blocking porting with the option "SecureMe" is unacceptable. Under IMDA rules of Number Portability Guidelines, it should allow flexibility to port. Aside to all the relevant telco contract, it is between consumers and company. They shouldn't block porting. The secureme is just to protect any unauthorised transaction's.
desperate times call for desperate measures

competition is intensifying with Eight , Maxx, ZYM throwing in more and more goodies,
maybe circles is getting desperate ....
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
desperate times call for desperate measures

competition is intensifying with Eight , Maxx, ZYM throwing in more and more goodies,
maybe circles is getting desperate ....
every week i keep receiving emails from them about CIS. $14 or $12 of 250GB and so on. But price isn't fixed, it's only for 2 months and xx thereafter.
 

SantyBalls

Banned
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
5,587
Reaction score
2,294
I've just received my new Maxx SIM today.
After activation, I tried porting, but I get this SMS:

Is this normal? Did anyone successfully port from Circles to Maxx?

EDIT: Maxx app shows Porting Status: Failed (number_not_active)
Did I do something wrong?
nLHxHEI.png
U port to which plan?
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
U port to which plan?
$7.90 for Port In* ($9.90 for New Sign Ups)
e52z2Oj.png

*$7.90 Plan is valid for the first 10,000 customers who port in successfully within 7 days from activation. You will be charged $9.90 for the 1st cycle, $5.90 for the 2nd cycle, $7.90 for 3rd to 12th cycle and $9.90 for the 13th cycle onwards. “Cycle” refers to 30 days.
You can still enjoy this plan at $9.90 even without Port-In.
 

ontodhcp

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
226
Reaction score
73
Since few weeks ago, my Mon's phone is unable to make or receive phone calls, but the mobile data works fine.
I contact Circle Life support, but no reply until now.
So I went to try reset network setting on her phone, and now phone calls works.
I also notice now there's the VoLTE logo on the phone status bar, which previously don't have.

What does this mean? Is it because previously her phone is using 3G network to make phone calls, then after the 3G network got shutdown, her phone is unable to make phone calls?
Is it because her phone is not able to get the latest carrier update from Circles Life, then somehow after reset network setting, the latest carrier setting was updated, so now it's able to make phone calls?
 

Arandalo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4,097
Reaction score
1,245
Since few weeks ago, my Mon's phone is unable to make or receive phone calls, but the mobile data works fine.
I contact Circle Life support, but no reply until now.
So I went to try reset network setting on her phone, and now phone calls works.
I also notice now there's the VoLTE logo on the phone status bar, which previously don't have.

What does this mean? Is it because previously her phone is using 3G network to make phone calls, then after the 3G network got shutdown, her phone is unable to make phone calls?
Is it because her phone is not able to get the latest carrier update from Circles Life, then somehow after reset network setting, the latest carrier setting was updated, so now it's able to make phone calls?
Yes, because of 3G network shutdown, all calls are via 4G VoLTE now, so to have enable it. I previously had the issue as well and fixed it.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/circles-life-discussion-thread.6217349/post-153415269
 

SantyBalls

Banned
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
5,587
Reaction score
2,294
$7.90 for Port In* ($9.90 for New Sign Ups)
e52z2Oj.png

*$7.90 Plan is valid for the first 10,000 customers who port in successfully within 7 days from activation. You will be charged $9.90 for the 1st cycle, $5.90 for the 2nd cycle, $7.90 for 3rd to 12th cycle and $9.90 for the 13th cycle onwards. “Cycle” refers to 30 days.
You can still enjoy this plan at $9.90 even without Port-In.
aft port-in, just dont pay n u be kept on the $0 plan?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
aft port-in, just dont pay n u be kept on the $0 plan?
it doesn't work this way for the new $7.90 plan.

In the fine print
You will be charged $9.90 for the 1st cycle, $5.90 for the 2nd cycle, $7.90 for 3rd to 12th cycle and $9.90 for the 13th cycle onwards. “Cycle” refers to 30 days.
 

SantyBalls

Banned
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
5,587
Reaction score
2,294
it doesn't work this way for the new $7.90 plan.

In the fine print
You will be charged $9.90 for the 1st cycle, $5.90 for the 2nd cycle, $7.90 for 3rd to 12th cycle and $9.90 for the 13th cycle onwards. “Cycle” refers to 30 days.
Huh then how to get the base plan?
https://www.m1.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/maxx


Maxx​

We will be updating Maxx Terms & Conditions with effect from 15 Oct 2024. To enjoy Base Plan @ $0 Promotion Discount, you will have to purchase any Maxx Plan or Add-On. If no Maxx Plan or Add-On is purchased for consecutive 60 days before the 1st day of each month, promotional discount will be revoked and services will be suspended. For more information, please refer to https://www.m1.com.sg/maxxtncoct24


BASE PLAN PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT
1. Base Plan @ $0 Promotion Discount will be valid till further notice. Refer to M1 website for latest update

2. If customer register the Maxx SIM card and does not purchase any Maxx Plan Add-On by the following day, M1 may in its discretion terminate all services and customer’s SIM card.

3. If there is 90 consecutive days of non-usage of Key Services, (i) promotional discount will be revoked, (ii) customer will be charged for the base plan for the month; and (iii) Key Services will be suspended. For the purpose of Maxx SIM plan, “Key Services” refer to data, outgoing calls and/or outgoing SMS services provided to you.
 

rest1ess

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
135
Huh then how to get the base plan?
https://www.m1.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/maxx


Maxx​

We will be updating Maxx Terms & Conditions with effect from 15 Oct 2024. To enjoy Base Plan @ $0 Promotion Discount, you will have to purchase any Maxx Plan or Add-On. If no Maxx Plan or Add-On is purchased for consecutive 60 days before the 1st day of each month, promotional discount will be revoked and services will be suspended. For more information, please refer to https://www.m1.com.sg/maxxtncoct24

Party is over.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top