Lets say you are in your late 20s in the 7% bracket.
to reduce tax would you
1. topup SRS / CPF /Both / None(pay taxes)
2.justify your choice and why not the other?
I understand that both gives a 1:1 tax relief , however why is one better then the other, also is it better to just pay taxes and keep cash liquid considering other financial goals e.g getting a house.
Didn't read the 4 pgs of responses.
I don't think 7% is that big a deal to search for tax relief.
Having said that, you can still consider topping up for your parents to get $7k tax relief.
I would start on SA in next tax bracket. And SRS only after having topped up SA to FRS.
In the meantime, I would invest OA (not transfer to SA).
If buying house, should have enough lead time to save in OA for downpayment. (Est 1-2 yrs should be enough...)
In the meantime, make sure emergency funds, insurance, are all in place. And then invest in cash.

