Ctrip Singapore

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,632
Reaction score
3,484
y cannot take in foreigners?

long story cut short. foreigners need to be registered each day he/she is staying at the premise. not all hotels/hostels has the facility/program to do so.

they have to scan your passport and your entry stamp and send to the authorities every day.

some hostels/hotels don't take in locals either.
 

Arosub

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
long story cut short. foreigners need to be registered each day he/she is staying at the premise. not all hotels/hostels has the facility/program to do so.

they have to scan your passport and your entry stamp and send to the authorities every day.

some hostels/hotels don't take in locals either.

But I think the ones listed on the Singapore website should be safe. Used it couple of times.

Just noticed on their facebook that they launched a discount code for newcomers.

Which I guess will be good for the June holidays!!
 

Lexmerc

Master Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2015
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
11
But I think the ones listed on the Singapore website should be safe. Used it couple of times.

Just noticed on their facebook that they launched a discount code for newcomers.

Which I guess will be good for the June holidays!!

Nope.

I recently used Ctrip for my trip. I booked a small hotel and only abt a few days prior to the trip, Ctrip contacted me that the hotel noted we were foreigners and hence have to cancel the booking. One good thing is, Ctrip suggested a few other hotels and customer service was prompt and good. Sadly, because it was quite close to the travelling date, the amt that we paid doubled.
 

Arosub

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Nope.

I recently used Ctrip for my trip. I booked a small hotel and only abt a few days prior to the trip, Ctrip contacted me that the hotel noted we were foreigners and hence have to cancel the booking. One good thing is, Ctrip suggested a few other hotels and customer service was prompt and good. Sadly, because it was quite close to the travelling date, the amt that we paid doubled.

I see , I thought is instant booking?

So far so good for me though...
 

Lexmerc

Master Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2015
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
11
I see , I thought is instant booking?

So far so good for me though...

Yup. Is instant booked. So I recieved the booking number and confirmation everything swee swee. Then a few days before the trip, the ctrip cso frantically tried to contact me and my partner. Spam call both of us but we happened to not hear it, then spam both our emails also.

Other than this oversight, its still a good site to book :o

I do have one qn. How on earth do ppl contact the Chinese hotels? I tried to email, call, wechat etc. Not a single one of my hotel replied me. :s12:
 

Arosub

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
well , I have emailed once to a shanghai hotel and they replied. But if it is local brand , I think writing an email in chinese may work, for english , it just goes to the bin if they do not understand it.
 

daranic

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
226
Reaction score
9
Using credit card for booking thru ctrip Singapore will incur admin fee eg 0.8% like booking with hotels.com?
 

5408854088

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
32,039
Reaction score
29
Possible to buy train tickets directly from the railway company instead of through a third party?
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,632
Reaction score
3,484
Possible to buy train tickets directly from the railway company instead of through a third party?

Of cos! Have fun squeezing with the crowd (at the train station) and getting your queue cut! No one beats the (China) Chinese at queuing and pushing!
 

therat

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,771
Reaction score
225
Possible to buy train tickets directly from the railway company instead of through a third party?

If you go train counter personally and buy. Yes you can

If you plan to purchase online. You need to have Chinese ID and mobile number
 

5408854088

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
32,039
Reaction score
29
Of cos! Have fun squeezing with the crowd (at the train station) and getting your queue cut! No one beats the (China) Chinese at queuing and pushing!

If you go train counter personally and buy. Yes you can

If you plan to purchase online. You need to have Chinese ID and mobile number

haha seems that its better to buy online via agents. if dont have chinese ID and mobile number means cannot buy online?
 

5408854088

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
32,039
Reaction score
29
does that mean that during the booking process, they will ask for a scanned copy of passport?
 

badsector

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2001
Messages
6,521
Reaction score
57
That is correct.

partially correct.

u may buy from official 12306 app. if u've verified ur passport and mobile no.
i can buy ticket for my friends using their passport details. do not need their passport pics.

So..meaning verified accounts can buy ticket for anyone.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top