mamboeidos
Banned
- Joined
- Jan 20, 2008
- Messages
- 17,393
- Reaction score
- 527
y cannot take in foreigners?

y cannot take in foreigners?
long story cut short. foreigners need to be registered each day he/she is staying at the premise. not all hotels/hostels has the facility/program to do so.
they have to scan your passport and your entry stamp and send to the authorities every day.
some hostels/hotels don't take in locals either.
But I think the ones listed on the Singapore website should be safe. Used it couple of times.
Just noticed on their facebook that they launched a discount code for newcomers.
Which I guess will be good for the June holidays!!
Nope.
I recently used Ctrip for my trip. I booked a small hotel and only abt a few days prior to the trip, Ctrip contacted me that the hotel noted we were foreigners and hence have to cancel the booking. One good thing is, Ctrip suggested a few other hotels and customer service was prompt and good. Sadly, because it was quite close to the travelling date, the amt that we paid doubled.
I see , I thought is instant booking?
So far so good for me though...


Using credit card for booking thru ctrip Singapore will incur admin fee eg 0.8% like booking with hotels.com?
Possible to buy train tickets directly from the railway company instead of through a third party?
Possible to buy train tickets directly from the railway company instead of through a third party?
Of cos! Have fun squeezing with the crowd (at the train station) and getting your queue cut! No one beats the (China) Chinese at queuing and pushing!
If you go train counter personally and buy. Yes you can
If you plan to purchase online. You need to have Chinese ID and mobile number
haha seems that its better to buy online via agents. if dont have chinese ID and mobile number means cannot buy online?
Even via agent no chinese ID and mobile number also cannot?
That is correct.
does that mean that during the booking process, they will ask for a scanned copy of passport?