DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Eternit

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
2,360
Reaction score
262
How come Bank and Earn + push notifications show my Jan preferential interest as $101.64,but the actual interest deposited on 7th Feb is $97.33?
 

Tp101s

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
505
Reaction score
30
Anyone tried buying UT less than 7days (cooling period time frame) from end of the month and still recognise for meeting the Investment category for DBS Multiplier?
 

yuzu28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
5,564
Reaction score
3,053
Anyone tried buying UT less than 7days (cooling period time frame) from end of the month and still recognise for meeting the Investment category for DBS Multiplier?

Ur t+2 still in that mth, then will be included? Unless its a big sum, else not significant? X% of 50k in multiplier only.
 

Han Shot First

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2017
Messages
690
Reaction score
15
Can open second DBS Multiplier account via POSB/DBS online banking? Will this second DBS Multiplier account have zero fall below fee i.e. there is no need to maintain minimum daily balance of $3,000 to avoid fall below fee?
 

torrent06

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
168
Can open second DBS Multiplier account via POSB/DBS online banking? Will this second DBS Multiplier account have zero fall below fee i.e. there is no need to maintain minimum daily balance of $3,000 to avoid fall below fee?

No. You can only have maximum one account.
 
Last edited:

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
886
If you need a second multi-currency account, you can open DBS My Account. It has no minimum balance. If you are thinking of opening two Multiplier Account to earn the interest, then that is not possible. You are allowed only one account. You have to consider opening Multiplier using your wife, children, parent or sibling names.

Can open second DBS Multiplier account via POSB/DBS online banking? Will this second DBS Multiplier account have zero fall below fee i.e. there is no need to maintain minimum daily balance of $3,000 to avoid fall below fee?
 

Han Shot First

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2017
Messages
690
Reaction score
15
Any idea how to get a DBS Multiplier account with no fall below fee (i.e. minimum balance is not required)? I think I read somewhere that it was possible (in the past). I can't recall but I think opening the account online was one of the requirements to get this "benefit".

DBS My Account pays 0.05% p.a. on account balance. DBS Multiplier is still preferred because the interest payout is still higher - but I dislike the fall below fee which implies the need to maintain a minimum balance to avoid paying the fall below fee.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,353
Reaction score
3,713
Any idea how to get a DBS Multiplier account with no fall below fee (i.e. minimum balance is not required)? I think I read somewhere that it was possible (in the past). I can't recall but I think opening the account online was one of the requirements to get this "benefit".

DBS My Account pays 0.05% p.a. on account balance. DBS Multiplier is still preferred because the interest payout is still higher - but I dislike the fall below fee which implies the need to maintain a minimum balance to avoid paying the fall below fee.

Service charge is waived for DBS Multiplier Account holders up to 29 years old, effective from May 2018 onwards.

Or open Vickers account and link to DBS multiplier

If your DBS Multi-Currency Account is linked to your DBS Vickers trading account, you do not need to maintain any minimum balance for the linked DBS Multi-Currency Account as the fall-below-fee will be waived.
 

bjornng

Master Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2,858
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

My company credits my salary with the 'Advice' code, even though the description puts SALARY.

Checked bank and earn and they did not include this. Was wondering if anyone encountered this before and any advice to appeal this to dbs or something?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Hey guys,

My company credits my salary with the 'Advice' code, even though the description puts SALARY.

Checked bank and earn and they did not include this. Was wondering if anyone encountered this before and any advice to appeal this to dbs or something?

First time?

B&E takes a few days to update. See top right hand corner to see the date of the b&e
 

Meemoosaa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
14,420
Reaction score
6,765
Hello all - is anyone still on this DBS multiplier plan to date? The interest rate is low until like siao... isn't it better to just pull out and place it somewhere else?

I feel like pulling it all out already.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hello all - is anyone still on this DBS multiplier plan to date? The interest rate is low until like siao... isn't it better to just pull out and place it somewhere else?

I feel like pulling it all out already.

lol depending which tier u are at it may still be better than most other bank account interest
 

iadpotato

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
249
Any idea how to get a DBS Multiplier account with no fall below fee (i.e. minimum balance is not required)? I think I read somewhere that it was possible (in the past). I can't recall but I think opening the account online was one of the requirements to get this "benefit".

DBS My Account pays 0.05% p.a. on account balance. DBS Multiplier is still preferred because the interest payout is still higher - but I dislike the fall below fee which implies the need to maintain a minimum balance to avoid paying the fall below fee.

Pls don’t get My Account. The interest rate is 0.05% pa and it is calculated on a DAILY basis. So if you only have 1-2k in side like me for transactional purposes, you get $0 interest forever. I used it for one year with $0 interest. Then I switch to Posb eMySavings account internet is also 0.05% but calculated on a MONTHLY basis. So end of the month I still get like $0.04-$0.05 cents interest. Not much but better than $0 loh....
 

yiwei

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
453
Reaction score
125
Hey guys,

My company credits my salary with the 'Advice' code, even though the description puts SALARY.

Checked bank and earn and they did not include this. Was wondering if anyone encountered this before and any advice to appeal this to dbs or something?

The code need to be SAL for it to be counted as salary. Description will not work.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Hello all - is anyone still on this DBS multiplier plan to date? The interest rate is low until like siao... isn't it better to just pull out and place it somewhere else?

I feel like pulling it all out already.
pretty sure a lot? if not dbs gone case already.

what matters is do you have better alternative?
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,435
Reaction score
717
Posb cashback bonus requires 3 categories, otherwise it probably gives better interest? But to retag the home loan to the new acc, was told have to go down to the branch.

pretty sure a lot? if not dbs gone case already.

what matters is do you have better alternative?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top