DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

nobody1968

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2015
Messages
184
Reaction score
17
I have registered for 12M CASA today. First in the queue and done in 10 mins.

To terminate early, one will need to go to the branch. Funds will take 2 days to be released.
Went to the bank today to register for 12 mth casa. As per bank officer, my previous casa last day was 30 Sept, so i can enrol in new casa on 30 Sept.

For the 12 mth casa, if i withdraw my funds on 1 April 27, i will not be entitled to the int for period jan to mar 27 as this int is payable on 30 Apr 27. So if i withdraw on 1st May, i will lose 1 month ie Apri 27's int.
So if really need to withdraw, rec int first then withdraw - minimum will lose 1 mth interest.
 

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
17,352
Reaction score
6,406
wa this looks good, can save all the trips & queueing to combo with multiplier
bonus paid quarterly with 1 mth wait, forfeiture of unpaid bonus incase of emergency withdrawal
Hi. May i know whats the interest rate for the casa as i opened up and cant see a rate. Only numbers that after calculate like 0.3 (i likely am wrong).

I just put into Tbills. Is it a lower profit for me ?☹️
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,957
Reaction score
4,624
I have registered for 12M CASA today. First in the queue and done in 10 mins.

To terminate early, one will need to go to the branch. Funds will take 2 days to be released.
Went to the bank today to register for 12 mth casa. As per bank officer, my previous casa last day was 30 Sept, so i can enrol in new casa on 30 Sept.

For the 12 mth casa, if i withdraw my funds on 1 April 27, i will not be entitled to the int for period jan to mar 27 as this int is payable on 30 Apr 27. So if i withdraw on 1st May, i will lose 1 month ie Apri 27's int.
So if really need to withdraw, rec int first then withdraw - minimum will lose 1 mth interest.
I also went to register at Yohan during my break between meetings yesterday… took queue number and went eat first…

the auntie asked why want to do 12 months and told many people doing the 3 months only…

then when I told her I also can sign up for 3 months concurrently if I get funds, she wasn’t sure can overlap anot… lol
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,305
Reaction score
5,879
I also went to register at Yohan during my break between meetings yesterday… took queue number and went eat first…

the auntie asked why want to do 12 months and told many people doing the 3 months only…

then when I told her I also can sign up for 3 months concurrently if I get funds, she wasn’t sure can overlap anot… lol
What’s Yohan?
 

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,396
Reaction score
381
the auntie asked why want to do 12 months and told many people doing the 3 months only…

then when I told her I also can sign up for 3 months concurrently if I get funds, she wasn’t sure can overlap anot… lol
Do you mean that if you get inflow of additional funds then you can sign up those additional funds for the 3 months tenure? I think there is a TnC about 1 account 1 tranche though
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,957
Reaction score
4,624
Do you mean that if you get inflow of additional funds then you can sign up those additional funds for the 3 months tenure? I think there is a TnC about 1 account 1 tranche though
Her first response was cannot, unless different account (I am stacking with multiplier interests)… didn’t want to waste her time, so I told her i will read the T&C myself

I haven’t tried yet, but the T&C is one account one promotion… but if the 3-month Casa and 12-month Casa are two distinct promotions, then the conditions probably don’t apply… I hope I have the luck to try it though
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,957
Reaction score
4,624
Wow, still got people refer Plaza Singapura as Yaohan .... then should call Capitaland as DBS Land .....
I was at River Valley area last week and wanted to go the branch at daimaru, but realised it demolished already
But names aside, the present day Plaza Singapura is built by DBS if I recall…

and they brought in Yaohan or something like that… can’t remember
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,957
Reaction score
4,624
walau.. ealier yaohan, now daimaru. next will be Galeries Lafayette, Emporium, Sogo, Seiyu? Lol
Don’t worry, don’t recall there are DBS branches there… even Parco also don’t have… don’t worry…
Please focus on main discussion thanks
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,390
Reaction score
1,553
Recent years, especially Covid and post-Covid, many POSB/DBS branches (non-Treasures) were closed ... eg. Raffles City, Funan, Centerpoint, CityLink mall, Takashimaya .....
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,390
Reaction score
1,553
To DBS's credit, many things can already be done digitally online .... so I am still unsure why the recent CASA promo needs to be done physically ... only reason is to "lure" people to the branch to give more work to the Financial Advisors .....
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top