OngHuatHuat
High Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jul 10, 2006
- Messages
- 28,341
- Reaction score
- 2,460
Ern, just a gentle reminder, there is a dbs forumer lurking around this forum. 

"DBS said thank you for highlighting the program bug, it will be fixed"Based on 25th May transaction.
By right, old tncs had exclude AXS payments. So I did not receive 1x points. But seems the 9x bonus is still awarded.
But never try for new tncs after Jun.
Yeah, I just mailed them.
Based on the misses I had from May it looks like 'online' transactions taken automatically aren't getting points. So for me automatic or recurring payments from Comfort, Adobe and Netflix missed out. I'll report on what I hear back from DBS, but I do not have high expectations.
First reply received from DBS. They ignored my question and just confirmed bonus points were credited for May. Trying again...

that's why I score 100 in exams, but did not show workings for 1 question, drop to 99,I heard back from DBS and I did receive point for Comfort via MASTERPASS. Sorry for the confusion, I forgot that its only 9x that gets credited on the 16th.
There is a reason we had to show our workings in maths exams![]()

good luck to u!What's next should be the July 16th bonus pts update to determine if there's any changes. Just did a mini reload and waiting for July 16th changes.
good luck to u!
Based on DBS' reply in the other thread, transactions posted from June1 to June6 should still get cos DBS confirmed the tnc was updated on June7, so wait till July16 to see the results.
I did a reload on 3rd and another on 17th. Shall see how it goes then
Ideally there should be no change in points being rewarded for transactions until July 7th as DBS is expected to provide a 30 days notice for all changes in TnCs. If they don't reward 10x for June transactions, will have to raise a complaint with MAS.
Ideally there should be no change in points being rewarded for transactions until July 7th as DBS is expected to provide a 30 days notice for all changes in TnCs. If they don't reward 10x for June transactions, will have to raise a complaint with MAS.
so does it mean spending before 7 July still entitled?
Did you guys see what was posted here by DBS bank?
Yes, there was an update to the T&Cs on our website on 7 June, however we have not made any changes to how additional bonus points for online purchases are awarded, the update was meant to provide greater clarity to all. As such, there was no need to send out service eDMs or SMS.
It's an update to provide better clarity, but the way points are awarded for online purchases have not been changed.
what else do you expect from the bank? an open admission of their mistake?

Did you guys see what was posted here by DBS bank? http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-accommodation-89/hello-dbs-bank-5192591-20.html
Yes, there was an update to the T&Cs on our website on 7 June, however we have not made any changes to how additional bonus points for online purchases are awarded, the update was meant to provide greater clarity to all. As such, there was no need to send out service eDMs or SMS.
It's an update to provide better clarity, but the way points are awarded for online purchases have not been changed.
Yes... and at the same time, they also said in a later post that what's changed is "Online purchases - the updated version leaves less room for misinterpretation".
In my opinion, there's lots of misinterpretation (or confusion) going on now!
While they say that the way points are awarded has not changed, I feel that the updated T&Cs gives them leeway to change things at any point since there is "less room for misinterpretation" now.
Which worries me.![]()
Did you guys see what was posted here by DBS bank? http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-accommodation-89/hello-dbs-bank-5192591-20.html
Yes, there was an update to the T&Cs on our website on 7 June, however we have not made any changes to how additional bonus points for online purchases are awarded, the update was meant to provide greater clarity to all. As such, there was no need to send out service eDMs or SMS.
It's an update to provide better clarity, but the way points are awarded for online purchases have not been changed.
Which reward is the best to change with using points, beside miles? Since now so hard to clock miles anymore.. No point changing Miles as this card nt my main card to spending le