Well, many experienced otherwise. Maybe need to be via masterpass or something. Not relevant now anyway.
Never worked with or without masterpass

Well, many experienced otherwise. Maybe need to be via masterpass or something. Not relevant now anyway.
Never worked with or without masterpass
What billing organisation u paying?
If there is enough demand I can possibly start a thread on "what's best for you, Y/J/F, cashback/miles based on different scenarios", but it might not come so soon. If anyone wishes to see such a thread or wants to contribute your views, feel free to grab hold of me via quoting in any thread that I post in, or just send me a pm.

Can I request a "mileage valuation thread"
This deceptively simple topic is actually rocket science as there is no fixed answer. Yet it's relevant because it helps consumers make a decision between cashback or miles.
Personally I would assign a valuation of about 1.25-1.75 cents per mile - as a consequence, I would take 1.2mpd over 1.5%**, but I would take 7%** over 4mpd. Of course, that's calculated based on my travel patterns and needs. FlyerTalk does not have a sizeable SG-based frequent flyer community unfortunately - would very much love to hear the views of others.
I may not have phrased my question correctly - essentially I'm curious as to what other experienced flyers deem to be their tipping point - ie the limit at which they will pay for a mile (in terms of opportunity costs of cashback). For myself, my tipping point is about 1.7 cents. Beyond that and I would prefer the money.
Noticed after the recent Kf miles redemption changes, one way ticket outbound becomes more worthy to redeem award ticket, previously it was the other way round.
And I tried certain country can achieve >20% cashback for economy redemption(assuming 4mpd & no promotion), the rule of only redeeming for biz/first class may not work for certain counties anymore. Suggest try it out based on our individual destinations.
Mind sharing which country?
I realize redemption for Europe economy is more worthy now.

i want to point outAh. There's no tipping point for me. If I had to give one, it's probably 2cpm, the cost of 'buying miles' via AF. So I'd take >8% cashback over 4mpd, but in reality it's not possible. For category specific cashback cards, they all have requirements such as min spend, cashback cap etc. I don't see a reason to divert more than required spending just to meet the cashback. Therefore I advise everyone to stick with 1 method, either cashback or miles. Unless your monthly spending is so high that the earn cap from all cards combined is still insufficient.
yes. somebody already cal. im not giving any credits to them thoMind sharing which country?
I realize redemption for Europe economy is more worthy now.
yes. somebody already cal
![]()
CN some cities one way from SIN outbound more than 25% for economy, previously it was not like that![]()
jarkata? cx needs to fly to bkk/hk and merry go round. so u need to know such caveat to use the table
i want to point out
The cost of miles = cost of air ticket divided by miles required.
It shouldnt be the cost of "buying it".
your 2nd part is correct. for 4mpd, %rebate = cost of miles divided by $0.25 × 100%
But yea, it's typically ard 0.6cpm for econs to 2cpm for biz; around 1.5% for econs, 6 to 8% for biz. Cheers.
yes. somebody already cal. im not giving any credits to them tho
![]()
I remember reading about purchases via SQ App not considered as Online.
May I know if this has changed? Is it still considered offline?