DBS Woman's MasterCard

juznuts

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Has anyone donated online with the Woman's Card before? On those charity portals? Are the bonus points awarded as well?
 

lcpteck

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
1
Has anyone donated online with the Woman's Card before? On those charity portals? Are the bonus points awarded as well?

That's a good question.

Not that I know of, but do let us know if it does get bonus points. I assume it would.
 

lcpteck

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
1
the 9x bonus will be added on the 16th of each month (for the previous month's transactions).

This month I have quite a discrepancy of points, still waiting for their CSO to get back to me.

Problem resolved, they managed to add in the missing points.

Only 1 transaction did not get the points which I'm asking them to re-investigate. Apparently an air ticket (MH) from cheaptickets.sg was not processed online. It looks like only transactions shown as VAYAMA is considered online. That particular transaction of mine was shown as MALAY AI, all others are VAYAMA.
 

lcpteck

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
1
I also noticed that the way they give the bonus 9x points is based on consolidated transactions per month. So it looks like it's not calculated by per transaction.

I will do a calculation this weekend to verify this.
 

mlam84

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
377
Reaction score
6
I also noticed that the way they give the bonus 9x points is based on consolidated transactions per month. So it looks like it's not calculated by per transaction.

I will do a calculation this weekend to verify this.

Not sure if you meant this. I realize that the transaction of $6 awarded 1 point immediately, the 9x point formula is calculated based on $6/5*10 -1=11 points. Not 9 points as I initially thought.
 

danielkok

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2001
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
0
Problem resolved, they managed to add in the missing points.

Only 1 transaction did not get the points which I'm asking them to re-investigate. Apparently an air ticket (MH) from cheaptickets.sg was not processed online. It looks like only transactions shown as VAYAMA is considered online. That particular transaction of mine was shown as MALAY AI, all others are VAYAMA.

Thanks for the headsup. I bought tickets from Malaysia Airlines to Kuching for my family too. Gonna call them to confirm this is counted as an online transaction.
 

lcpteck

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
1
Thanks for the headsup. I bought tickets from Malaysia Airlines to Kuching for my family too. Gonna call them to confirm this is counted as an online transaction.

Okay, you bought from cheaptickets.sg too?

I just checked my old transactions for tickets that I bought direct from Malaysia Airlines website, it shows as MALAY AI. So it looks like my transaction from cheaptickets.sg was processed by Malaysia Airlines website directly. That should be 10x eligible (since my previous ones were).

Will dispute with DBS and update you guys.
 

lcpteck

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
1
Not sure if you meant this. I realize that the transaction of $6 awarded 1 point immediately, the 9x point formula is calculated based on $6/5*10 -1=11 points. Not 9 points as I initially thought.

No, what I meant was they do this calculation ($X/5*9) after they add up all the transactions for that calendar month. They don't do the calculation per transaction.

Let me do some calculation this weekend to see if this is true.

Damn I better find a girlfriend soon.... I'm like becoming a CC consultant.....
 

Allen_C_Sharp

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2013
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
No, what I meant was they do this calculation ($X/5*9) after they add up all the transactions for that calendar month. They don't do the calculation per transaction.

Let me do some calculation this weekend to see if this is true.

Damn I better find a girlfriend soon.... I'm like becoming a CC consultant.....

Haha, u r :)
 

commonguy

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
253
Reaction score
4
No, what I meant was they do this calculation ($X/5*9) after they add up all the transactions for that calendar month. They don't do the calculation per transaction.

Let me do some calculation this weekend to see if this is true.

Damn I better find a girlfriend soon.... I'm like becoming a CC consultant.....

You might be right.
I am tracking my points by calculating the total transactions. So far the credited points are slightly more than what I calculated and expected, so I'm happy :)
 

danielkok

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2001
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
0
Okay, you bought from cheaptickets.sg too?

I just checked my old transactions for tickets that I bought direct from Malaysia Airlines website, it shows as MALAY AI. So it looks like my transaction from cheaptickets.sg was processed by Malaysia Airlines website directly. That should be 10x eligible (since my previous ones were).

Will dispute with DBS and update you guys.

Ok I called up DBS.

They confirmed that my purchase, directly from MAS website, is registered as online purchase. So, that's that.

Now, you just made me go check out cheaptickets.sg...
 

toiregi

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
815
Reaction score
0
which redemption is the most value for the 10x points?

i understand $10 credit requires 1200 points which comes up to abt 1.6% only.

Capitamall vouchers give better yield at 2.5%, but still not very attractive imo
 

sgbanking

Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2014
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
which redemption is the most value for the 10x points?

i understand $10 credit requires 1200 points which comes up to abt 1.6% only.

Capitamall vouchers give better yield at 2.5%, but still not very attractive imo

so far i would find capitavoucher redemption most useful with high yield. if you could share better ones that will be great. :) thanks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top