DBS Woman's MasterCard

lcpteck

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
1
9x bonus points are in

9x bonus points are in.

Time to do some calculation and hope no discrepancies.
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,390
Reaction score
1,778
Capita malls vouchers on promotion rates, those who want can get it now.
 

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
6,064
Reaction score
20
9x bonus points are in.

Time to do some calculation and hope no discrepancies.

I have been having discrepancies for the last three months. Need to write in every month to chase my points. My discrepancy is totally no bonus points given at all. So, definitely something wrong somewhere. :s22:
 

lcpteck

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
1
I have been having discrepancies for the last three months. Need to write in every month to chase my points. My discrepancy is totally no bonus points given at all. So, definitely something wrong somewhere. :s22:

I see, I only had discrepancies for the previous month. Haven't confirmed for this month yet. Will calculate it this week.
 

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
6,064
Reaction score
20
CSO just got back to me. Apparently I have a hotel booking refund that totally canceled out my spending for that month. Previously DBS only deduct the first 1x point amount. This time they take into account the final value minus refunds for 9x. Does this mean DBS change their tnc already? I know this way of calculation was usual for the 6% rebate cards, but I never encounter it for DBS.
 

dreamyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
10,405
Reaction score
1
CSO just got back to me. Apparently I have a hotel booking refund that totally canceled out my spending for that month. Previously DBS only deduct the first 1x point amount. This time they take into account the final value minus refunds for 9x. Does this mean DBS change their tnc already? I know this way of calculation was usual for the 6% rebate cards, but I never encounter it for DBS.

Were you given 10x rewards for the hotel booking?
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,390
Reaction score
1,778
CSO just got back to me. Apparently I have a hotel booking refund that totally canceled out my spending for that month. Previously DBS only deduct the first 1x point amount. This time they take into account the final value minus refunds for 9x. Does this mean DBS change their tnc already? I know this way of calculation was usual for the 6% rebate cards, but I never encounter it for DBS.

So you have been booking hotels and cancelling them to get "free" points from DBS for the past 3 months? :D
 

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
6,064
Reaction score
20
Were you given 10x rewards for the hotel booking?

So you have been booking hotels and cancelling them to get "free" points from DBS for the past 3 months? :D

I was given the 10X rewards when I booked the hotel in June this year. I found a better rate for another hotel and thus cancelled this booking. The reason I asked is that I did not notice this issue when I had to cancel my Silk Air tickets earlier this year. So, I want to check if this deduction is standard practice or a new thing.

The discrepancy during the first month they really forgot to credit in the bonus. So, they gave it after I asked the CSO. The second month is due to this cancelled hotel booking while the third month I havent receive a reply yet.
 

dreamyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
10,405
Reaction score
1
I was given the 10X rewards when I booked the hotel in June this year. I found a better rate for another hotel and thus cancelled this booking. The reason I asked is that I did not notice this issue when I had to cancel my Silk Air tickets earlier this year. So, I want to check if this deduction is standard practice or a new thing.

The discrepancy during the first month they really forgot to credit in the bonus. So, they gave it after I asked the CSO. The second month is due to this cancelled hotel booking while the third month I havent receive a reply yet.

They are just taking back what does not belong to you which is clearly stated in the tnc. You are lucky to keep the Silkair one. If you probe further and they discover the Silkair transaction, they will take back too.
 

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
6,064
Reaction score
20
They are just taking back what does not belong to you which is clearly stated in the tnc. You are lucky to keep the Silkair one. If you probe further and they discover the Silkair transaction, they will take back too.

Oh. Got it. Thanks.
 

Meemoosaa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
14,427
Reaction score
6,772
Am very attracted by the priority cab booking privileges - has anyone signed up for the service or used the service with this card? How was it like - does the priority works at all ?

Waiver is only for one year. Has anyone managed to get their annual fee waived beyond the one year for this card ?

Very tempted on the increase of beauty, health and travel privileges in the last couple of months and wonder if it will stay on for a while or if it's just a year end thing to attract sign-ons.

Any other comments on this card (apart from all the rewards and points system) would be great. Thanks !
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,390
Reaction score
1,778
Am very attracted by the priority cab booking privileges - has anyone signed up for the service or used the service with this card? How was it like - does the priority works at all ?

Waiver is only for one year. Has anyone managed to get their annual fee waived beyond the one year for this card ?

Very tempted on the increase of beauty, health and travel privileges in the last couple of months and wonder if it will stay on for a while or if it's just a year end thing to attract sign-ons.

Any other comments on this card (apart from all the rewards and points system) would be great. Thanks !

My card get the annual fees auto waived, didn't call them at all.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top