DCS Ultimate Platinum Card

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,547
Reaction score
3,235
My expiry and cvv changed shortly after activating “new card” too.

Previously recurring still went through without activating but Apple Pay transactions failed so I decided to go ahead and activate. Not sure if I need to update my recurring payments now after this.

Not sure if someone from dcs accidentally clicked replace card for all members or something, my old card still had 2 years of validity to go.
Thank you you all so brave go tap Activate. I don't dare tap I wait for more ppl complain to dcs see they send email explaining what is going on first
 

DOINK1

Member
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
434
Reaction score
39
Just called their support, they're undergoing some revamp n stuff for mastercard. Need to wait for them to send the new card within 1-2 weeks then can use.

For those trying to call their support, take care. Need to have luck and time haha
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,547
Reaction score
3,235
Just called their support, they're undergoing some revamp n stuff for mastercard. Need to wait for them to send the new card within 1-2 weeks then can use.

For those trying to call their support, take care. Need to have luck and time haha
Thank you for sharing. So just don't so hardworking go tap Activate until we receive new card noted
 

ckling

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2002
Messages
18,414
Reaction score
540
I only realize this when Saturday my usual MRT tapping via Google pay failed then checked the apps got this activate card thing. Today called them they confirmed this is a one time replacement for Mastercard. Don't know why they never notified us in advance
 

Mickey01

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
675
I email CS and so they reply today

1. Once you "to activate" (app green button), they will process and send you new card/replacement card within 14 days
2. The new card/replacement card carry the same card number but new expiry date and new CCV
3. USe the new details to reset all your recurring payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay
4. Upon receiving the physical card, you need to activate the card (just like all other card issuers)
5. Note - once you "to activate", the current physical card cannot be used to paywave at physical stores
 

AndroidComa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
16,060
Reaction score
7,748
dunnno what is the big issue with DCS that needs to replace cards for ALL customers
expect to see a major data breech news sometime soon?

from 7 Aug, i try to check out items from shopee, apple pay fails, then i change to use another card, then after that longweekend entire LWE, retail transcation via apple pay fails for me....

but can top up grab pay wallet

ding dong until yesterday, apple pay still fails, but other places approved. i bought air tickets and the transcation got thru with the details i keyed in...
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,547
Reaction score
3,235
Ok formal notification from DCS they will be sending a new card. Then receive we do the Activate. I wonder not yet to expiry change for everyone they rich? Credit card also got cost leh the material is hard plastic does not mean free mah
 

DPR_Reborn

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2019
Messages
41
Reaction score
18
Regardless, this month marks the implementation of the new policy that mandates a minimum of 8 transactions or a minimum spend of $800 per month, after which the monthly fee applies. It’s utterly ridiculous that they failed to inform customers in advance about this. Even with Apple Pay, I was declined. I’m likely canceling my card by the end of the month. This is incredibly shady.

P.S. I've already filed a complaint with MAS separately about the lack of advance notification and transparency.
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,153
Reaction score
2,973
Regardless, this month marks the implementation of the new policy that mandates a minimum of 8 transactions or a minimum spend of $800 per month, after which the monthly fee applies. It’s utterly ridiculous that they failed to inform customers in advance about this. Even with Apple Pay, I was declined. I’m likely canceling my card by the end of the month. This is incredibly shady.

P.S. I've already filed a complaint with MAS separately about the lack of advance notification and transparency.
They did give advance notice - no harm complaining, but also be mindful to not embarrass oneself because one did not read the notifications.
 

DPR_Reborn

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2019
Messages
41
Reaction score
18
They did give advance notice - no harm complaining, but also be mindful to not embarrass oneself because one did not read the notifications.
I think you misunderstood, or perhaps I should have explained clearer to the context at issue. They gave notifications about the monthly fee - Yes.

However I am referring to the cards being replaced. No prior notification was given. Happy to be proven otherwise.

What’s not done in good faith is that this is also the month where the above mentioned fee applies. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,734
Reaction score
2,326
I think you misunderstood, or perhaps I should have explained clearer to the context at issue. They gave notifications about the monthly fee - Yes.

However I am referring to the cards being replaced. No prior notification was given. Happy to be proven otherwise.

What’s not done in good faith is that this is also the month where the above mentioned fee applies. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
I was under the impression that you were complaining to MAS about the minimum of 8 transactions policy too. The card replacement thing I can fully get behind, that was an utterly crap procedure of suddenly terminating cards without warning and replacing them out of the blue.
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,153
Reaction score
2,973
I think you misunderstood, or perhaps I should have explained clearer to the context at issue. They gave notifications about the monthly fee - Yes.

However I am referring to the cards being replaced. No prior notification was given. Happy to be proven otherwise.

What’s not done in good faith is that this is also the month where the above mentioned fee applies. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
I was under the impression that you were complaining to MAS about the minimum of 8 transactions policy too. The card replacement thing I can fully get behind, that was an utterly crap procedure of suddenly terminating cards without warning and replacing them out of the blue.
We are on the same page, there was no need for them to block the card and mandate a replacement and causing recurring payments to fail. Spent one of the weekends dealing with it and setting up the cards again.
 

Mickey01

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
675
We are on the same page, there was no need for them to block the card and mandate a replacement and causing recurring payments to fail. Spent one of the weekends dealing with it and setting up the cards again.
now they change pattern.

Received SMS a couple of days ago that a new card will be sent to my registered address and to activate the physical card upon receipt. I did not activate the green button (TO ACTIVATE) in the app prior to this SMS :)
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,153
Reaction score
2,973
now they change pattern.

Received SMS a couple of days ago that a new card will be sent to my registered address and to activate the physical card upon receipt. I did not activate the green button (TO ACTIVATE) in the app prior to this SMS :)
They send a replacement card by default - whether you activate or not is up to you.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,547
Reaction score
3,235
They send a replacement card by default - whether you activate or not is up to you.
My question now is if replacement card come and I don't activate what will happen? My existing card expiry is still 2 years into the future
 

Mickey01

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
675
They send a replacement card by default - whether you activate or not is up to you.
this is different from what the CSO replied to my email enquiry last week. See post #305.

Now they SMS to say a new card will be sent. After the SMS I checked the app - expiry date and CCV still the same. That means no need change ApplePay, Google Pay or recurring while waiting for the physical card.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,734
Reaction score
2,326
My question now is if replacement card come and I don't activate what will happen? My existing card expiry is still 2 years into the future
Regardless, you can cut up your existing card and throw it away already, it has already been disabled.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,547
Reaction score
3,235
Regardless, you can cut up your existing card and throw it away already, it has already been disabled.
The problem is the issue I am facing is for atas apple mac no stock so the card details is the old card kept there. When stock arrive then they will charge. If new card come but I don't activate old card auto disabled? That means when apple got stock start charge will fail?

This atas apple mac is for my dotter Uni studies not I use. This is first time I know how they work super inconvenient. Got monies cannot buy has never happen for my Windows laptop
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,734
Reaction score
2,326
The problem is the issue I am facing is for atas apple mac no stock so the card details is the old card kept there. When stock arrive then they will charge. If new card come but I don't activate old card auto disabled? That means when apple got stock start charge will fail?

This atas apple mac is for my dotter Uni studies not I use. This is first time I know how they work super inconvenient. Got monies cannot buy has never happen for my Windows laptop
To be fair, that's an Apple problem that you could possibly resolve on your own by calling in. Further more there is an unprecedented supply crunch in the semiconductor industry now for chips that has never happened in the past so its not like popular Windows laptop models aren't delayed either.

Besides, any card these days can be hit by fraud even when kept under lock and key in a safe, and what happens is that the card will be disabled immediately and a new one arriving in the mail after a week or so. Kinda the same situation here. Not trying to defend DCS and their piss poor communication, but this sort of situation is going to get more common in the future with fraud everywhere.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top