DELL STREAK USERS COME IN !!!

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
It is the Coffee Machine. George Clooney got an ad for it.

Hmm.. Gadgets.. Sometimes im offered Dev sets of these gadget. Or those pre released. Prototype. I never ask where they get them. But well.. these ppl work closely to the jailbreak team ppl i heard. lol

ya i know that is coffee machine but tok it is another code name for what other new device lol...btw any way to install skype in dell streak as it seems i cant find it in android mkt
 

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2003
Messages
35,992
Reaction score
12
where to install 2.2 to streak? advice pls.


i also waiting for it then i can hoot Dell Streak.

I'm using Froyo on my nexus one. so for me to use another android phone, there must be at least Froyo. Too used to Froyo already, can't get used to Eclair.
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
i also waiting for it then i can hoot Dell Streak.

I'm using Froyo on my nexus one. so for me to use another android phone, there must be at least Froyo. Too used to Froyo already, can't get used to Eclair.

according to news dell will be releasing 2.2 in late sep...
 

Kriscleon

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
41
Reaction score
0

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
I've been contemplating abt getting a streak. Was hoping if u guys could share abt the cons of streak like too big? Or like how serious it is that apps are not designed for such a big screen thus leaving an empty un-utilized screen border etc?

Any info would be much appreciated :)

big is of cos better than iphone but was watching animes these few days with it and find that the size is just right. ipad too big whole iphone too small. for the apps, yes some games will be squeezed in the middle or so leaving the rest of the screen blank...u should get it and will know how good this dell streak is...
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
How about typing sms'es is the keyboard as responsive as say iphone? For the iphone the keyboard response pretty good which enables me to type lightning fast (much faster than typing on bb!)?

Btw I always wonder how some ppl can reply thread so fast one huh...

1.6 keyboard is not so responsive. im using the unofficial 2.1 and the kb is pretty responsive...

i can reply thread so fast cos i set to email notification settings lor...
 

zeiram

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,873
Reaction score
0
Woah at last, Dell Streak users have surfaced in SG.. Very interested in this phone, and yes the price can get a 64gb+3G+wifi IPAD but can the ipad fit inside a pocket and have phone function? Also I find its unfair to compare iphones to dell streak as both are different moile gadget except that they function as a mobile phone..(sorry if i sound rude)

Intending to get one soon but was wondering from the users here how you get the OTA upgrade as the sim we use is not to O2?

And heard 2.2 Froyo may only be available in Dec and not anytime in Sept.. Also flash will only work with Froyo OS as I own a NEXUS and have tested.. Not only the iphones are common Nexus also becum beri common liao as well as samsung galaxy..

So users have you get any strange stares when you use the Dell Streak in public? LOL

Will update when I have the Streak... :)
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Woah at last, Dell Streak users have surfaced in SG.. Very interested in this phone, and yes the price can get a 64gb+3G+wifi IPAD but can the ipad fit inside a pocket and have phone function? Also I find its unfair to compare iphones to dell streak as both are different moile gadget except that they function as a mobile phone..(sorry if i sound rude)

Intending to get one soon but was wondering from the users here how you get the OTA upgrade as the sim we use is not to O2?

And heard 2.2 Froyo may only be available in Dec and not anytime in Sept.. Also flash will only work with Froyo OS as I own a NEXUS and have tested.. Not only the iphones are common Nexus also becum beri common liao as well as samsung galaxy..

So users have you get any strange stares when you use the Dell Streak in public? LOL

Will update when I have the Streak... :)

go to modaco forum for more info on how to convert streak to o2 ver and the 2.1 build 8xxx. mine is sg sim card but can convert to o2 version 2.1 build 8xxx
 

duhster

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2001
Messages
301
Reaction score
0
Heard about this thread from someone in Modaco! Checking in here with my black Dell Streak, hooted from eBay on 3 Aug and arrived on 8 Aug, in time to keep me company during my YOG duty at the boring Media Centre. :D

I wished I had hooted earlier. The seller was asking only GBP449 then. I think he realised his mistake :(

4952955395_ffefc00b28_b_d.jpg


I purposely uploaded a photo containing a large penknife beside the Streak to give readers here a feel of how large it really is.

My device is the A00 hardware build (like probably everyone else's here.) I got the beta 2.1 (build 6941) running on it with help from Fawaad on this Modaco thread.
 
Last edited:

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Heard about this thread from someone in Modaco! Checking in here with my black Dell Streak, hooted from eBay on 3 Aug and arrived on 8 Aug, in time to keep me company during my YOG duty at the boring Media Centre. :D

I wished I had hooted earlier. The seller was asking only GBP449 then. I think he realised his mistake :(

4952955395_ffefc00b28_b_d.jpg


I purposely uploaded a photo containing a large penknife beside the Streak to give readers here a feel of how large it really is.

My device is the A00 hardware build (like probably everyone else's here.) I got the beta 2.1 (build 6941) running on it with help from Fawaad on this Modaco thread.
R u the one that I exchanged pm with in modaco?
 

zeiram

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,873
Reaction score
0
@zeiram how u getting the streak? I'm thinking of getting from dell direct uk then ask friend ship over don't know if that's the cheapest option or not.

Hi there, I am thinking on Expansys as at least they are a known dealer... If you have a fren in UK think would be alot cheaper, my colleague got his fren to buy and shi the ip4 to him...:)
 

zeiram

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,873
Reaction score
0
Actually accodring to Dell Site there should be some more colors for the streak besides black and cherry red but think they might not be available soon or even available... :( as I tot of getting a blue one..

dell_mini5_streak_tablet_engadget_slide_leak.jpg
 

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2003
Messages
35,992
Reaction score
12
Woah at last, Dell Streak users have surfaced in SG.. Very interested in this phone, and yes the price can get a 64gb+3G+wifi IPAD but can the ipad fit inside a pocket and have phone function? Also I find its unfair to compare iphones to dell streak as both are different moile gadget except that they function as a mobile phone..(sorry if i sound rude)

Intending to get one soon but was wondering from the users here how you get the OTA upgrade as the sim we use is not to O2?

And heard 2.2 Froyo may only be available in Dec and not anytime in Sept.. Also flash will only work with Froyo OS as I own a NEXUS and have tested.. Not only the iphones are common Nexus also becum beri common liao as well as samsung galaxy..

So users have you get any strange stares when you use the Dell Streak in public? LOL

Will update when I have the Streak... :)

i think that the iphone being such a common item these days, it's perhaps just for comparison sake. what other phone can you compare it with? don't think a Nokia E series can do the comparison. heh...


as for upgrade, just download and upgrade ba. it's really slow to wait for OTA, even nexus one users also just do manual update.

har? since when nexus one is common? how to be common when telcos don't even sell them. people see liao, think it's iphone instead. @#$@#^%$^&#%^



after 2 weeks of trying, i have finally managed to upgrade my streak from 1.6 to 2.1 and also installed flash 10.1.
but....i still can't view some of the sites with flash....well...well...still more homework to do....

2.1 can use flash meh? thot only 2.2?


@zeiram how u getting the streak? I'm thinking of getting from dell direct uk then ask friend ship over don't know if that's the cheapest option or not.


borderlinx shipping no good?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top