DELL STREAK USERS COME IN !!!

freakerknoid

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Finally decided to burn a hole in my pocket and get the Streak from expansys, should be arriving within a few days. Will be joining you guys soon...
 

hagenuk

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2000
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Woah at last, Dell Streak users have surfaced in SG.. Very interested in this phone, and yes the price can get a 64gb+3G+wifi IPAD but can the ipad fit inside a pocket and have phone function? Also I find its unfair to compare iphones to dell streak as both are different moile gadget except that they function as a mobile phone..(sorry if i sound rude)

Intending to get one soon but was wondering from the users here how you get the OTA upgrade as the sim we use is not to O2?

And heard 2.2 Froyo may only be available in Dec and not anytime in Sept.. Also flash will only work with Froyo OS as I own a NEXUS and have tested.. Not only the iphones are common Nexus also becum beri common liao as well as samsung galaxy..

So users have you get any strange stares when you use the Dell Streak in public? LOL

Will update when I have the Streak... :)

Zeiram, OTA updates work with Singtel SIM, I have reverted to o2 1.6 FW on 01 Sep and this morning 02 Sep I got a Updates notification when o2 released their official 2.1.

Glad to see more and more people getting a Streak.....
 

hagenuk

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2000
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Actually accodring to Dell Site there should be some more colors for the streak besides black and cherry red but think they might not be available soon or even available... :( as I tot of getting a blue one..

dell_mini5_streak_tablet_engadget_slide_leak.jpg

You can alway go and Gmask to your favorite color :)
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Zeiram, OTA updates work with Singtel SIM, I have reverted to o2 1.6 FW on 01 Sep and this morning 02 Sep I got a Updates notification when o2 released their official 2.1.

Glad to see more and more people getting a Streak.....

I'm using starhub prepaid card n able to ota update to 2.1. I did not revert back to 1.6 before updating to official 2.1. Works well for me.
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Already updated this morning :)

How come u so fast? Today whole day I checked mydellmini n modaco forums n o2 twitter also no pic no sound. Already knew abt the official update this evening lol. U in what time zone? UK?
 

Kriscleon

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
How come u so fast? Today whole day I checked mydellmini n modaco forums n o2 twitter also no pic no sound. Already knew abt the official update this evening lol. U in what time zone? UK?

thnks loretta for the info. updated my streak this morning from the O2 site. i m still trying to get flash on my streak. got any suggestions?
 

zeiram

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,873
Reaction score
0
Zeiram, OTA updates work with Singtel SIM, I have reverted to o2 1.6 FW on 01 Sep and this morning 02 Sep I got a Updates notification when o2 released their official 2.1.

Glad to see more and more people getting a Streak.....

Thanks for the info update... :)
 

zeiram

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,873
Reaction score
0
I m still trying to get flash on my streak. got any suggestions?

Kris even you can get flash installed it would not work... So far only 2.2 Froyo android OS can support flash with the flash app installed on an android device... Aside from other flash enabled mobile OS device..

Streak users best bet is hope the Froyo update at the end of the year is still on its way and if not an earlier release.. ;)
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
watched a movie which is ard 1.5 hrs long. The battery can drop from 100% to ard less than 60 %. Which i find it so weak.
 

Skyline R34

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
9,094
Reaction score
0
watched a movie which is ard 1.5 hrs long. The battery can drop from 100% to ard less than 60 %. Which i find it so weak.
Considering that's 5 inches of screen, I suppose the batter life is quite okay, though it would be better if it used Samsung's AMOLED screen which uses less power.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top