DELL STREAK USERS COME IN !!!

Hinata76

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
26,225
Reaction score
0
so it finally happens.. dell streak stop charging. anyone got better place to fix than $125 Dell shop at Funan?
smallobject over at B n S got provide repair services..get quote from him..

avatar is optimus prime head.:)
 

blastx

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
681
Reaction score
0
I heard from my gf that the Post Office at Sunplaza is selling streaks @ S$500. Did not see it for myself though.

Good luck for those looking to buy one!
 

androidthebest

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hmm i never have problems with whatsapp on my streak.

But am currently running custom rom - streakdroid 1.9.1

Maybe can try installing other launchers like LauncherPro, ADW or Zeam to name a few and see if it helps with that problem?

Dell Stage UI is laggy, you will get better experience changing to those custom launchers.

hi maximoz,
I just got my dell streak, and going to install streadroid 1.9.1, did you upgrade the baseband before flashing 1.9.1? thanks
 
Last edited:

Tyer

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,645
Reaction score
3
Just be careful with the touchscreen. Prone to cracks. Online lots of write up on that. I just fixed mine for $190.
 

14high

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
322
Reaction score
0
Can that shop fix the charging port??

fixing mine now. $70-80 (sth about first or second batch of port). chekec ebay, from HK cost $50 plus the port itself.

mine: turned out one of the pin is bent inside the port, perhaps can use long needle to straigthen it before going to shop. can't remember shop name.

Blk 183 Toa Payoh Central #01-290, before buy sell station towards library, 62530838
 
Last edited:

maximoz

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2002
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
hi maximoz,
I just got my dell streak, and going to install streadroid 1.9.1, did you upgrade the baseband before flashing 1.9.1? thanks

My baseband is 354.

I tried a few different custom roms and finally settled on streakdroid 1.9.1

But the advise is to flash the stock 354 rom then flash SD1.9.1 over the stock because the stock will flash the complete pkg including the baseband so it will reduce the chance of any issue arising.

All the best and welcome aboard!
 

LeslieHJL

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
1,760
Reaction score
0
Guys

Anyone facing problems with unlocking the screen when the screen or your finger is not entirely clean or dry?
 

cueball1981

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
5,965
Reaction score
1
Guys

Anyone facing problems with unlocking the screen when the screen or your finger is not entirely clean or dry?

Did you place the phone in your pocket.. try place the phone with the screen facing outware.. i notice for my, where ever i place the phone with the screen facing my thight, it very very unsensitive.
 

Hinata76

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
26,225
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

what music player u all use for the mp3 listening?
also..
any equalizers to recommend?
 

maximoz

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2002
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

what music player u all use for the mp3 listening?
also..
any equalizers to recommend?

I use winamp myself ... has settings to make the control on the lockscreen (don't have to unlock to change track or stop music, etc).

Never tried the paid kinds cause i don't listen to music alot.

As for equalizer, hopefully some other streak owners can help you :)
 

oceanluv

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone can tell me how do I buy the ebooks from the Kindle apps on Dell Streak? I dont have an overseas VPN.

thks!
 

KHOOLUPSENG

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

what music player u all use for the mp3 listening?
also..
any equalizers to recommend?

I'm using ttpod天天动听. I like it bcos chinese word can be shown on playlist. It also auto download lyrics and pictures and show it while playing a song.
I've tried many players with equaliser but I think all of them were useless as the dell streak equipped with the crap earpiece, if you force enhance the bass or treble, the sound would even worse.
One more app want to recommend to you if you want to play movie, moboplayer. It's free but it's the best I ever had.
 
Last edited:

isurpapala

Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
My baseband is 354.

I tried a few different custom roms and finally settled on streakdroid 1.9.1

But the advise is to flash the stock 354 rom then flash SD1.9.1 over the stock because the stock will flash the complete pkg including the baseband so it will reduce the chance of any issue arising.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Hi hijack this post abit. I tired to flash Simplestreak 1.2 but in the streakmod i encounter a MD5Mismatch error while trying to flash the Simpledstreak 1.2.

Any ideas or solution? Thanks in advance!
 

maximoz

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2002
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Hi hijack this post abit. I tired to flash Simplestreak 1.2 but in the streakmod i encounter a MD5Mismatch error while trying to flash the Simpledstreak 1.2.

Any ideas or solution? Thanks in advance!

Seems something is corrupted. Try deleting SS1.2 and redownload or recopy to the SD Card again.

Or if you have StreakMod Recovery in your dell, you can try downloading a nanodroid fresh install of SS1.2 i uploaded in the link below:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=57516012&postcount=1402
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top