[DO NOT OFFER REFERRALS] Tiger Broker Singapore

Deekit96

Reaction score
I have 80K in it :)...Cannot get enough Tesla shares. need more

Wow bro, really? That’s a huge sum.. Do you really feel safe keeping so much money with them instead of other giant US Brokers? Not judging, just trying to know what your reasoning behind this is :s22:

GhostZM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Tiger Brokers better for US share purchases that are under 1000 in quantity? Any quantity above 1000, I should just go with FSMOne. Is my understanding correct?

CheerS!!!;)

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Tiger Brokers better for US share purchases that are under 1000 in quantity? Any quantity above 1000, I should just go with FSMOne. Is my understanding correct?

CheerS!!!;)
You've got it all mixed up, the recommendation for US under 1000 was SCB, and over 1000 IB. FSMOne should not be used for US shares at all as they charge dividend fees, corporate fees and sell trades aren't very much cheaper than most brokers.

Tiger has the best rates hands down for any amount but..make sure you do your due diligence before jumping in. Like GeoInvesting diligence. ;)

GhostZM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You've got it all mixed up, the recommendation for US under 1000 was SCB, and over 1000 IB. FSMOne should not be used for US shares at all as they charge dividend fees, corporate fees and sell trades aren't very much cheaper than most brokers.

Tiger has the best rates hands down for any amount but..make sure you do your due diligence before jumping in. Like GeoInvesting diligence. ;)

Ah ok! Thank you for your advice!

CheerS!!!;)

vischang

Reaction score
Wow bro, really? That’s a huge sum.. Do you really feel safe keeping so much money with them instead of other giant US Brokers? Not judging, just trying to know what your reasoning behind this is :s22:

Before I deposited my 80K, I had made an enquiry to MAS about this broker. Their response.

Tiger Brokers (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“Tiger Brokers SG”) is a capital markets services (“CMS”) licence holder under the Securities and Futures Act (“SFA”).

CMS licence holders are required to comply with business conduct rules under the SFA and the Securities and Futures (Licensing and Conduct of Business) Regulations (“SFR”), including rules regarding protection of customer moneys and assets

CMS licence holders may maintain trust accounts with an overseas institution in respect of customers’ moneys and assets denominated in a foreign currency. They are also not allowed to use their customer’s money and assets unless it is for a purpose that is expressly permitted by the SFR.

In times of insolvency of Tiger Broker

Recoverability and time taken would depend on various factors, including the location of the moneys and assets and the applicable laws of the country where the moneys and assets are held.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before I deposited my 80K, I had made an enquiry to MAS about this broker. Their response.

Tiger Brokers (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“Tiger Brokers SG”) is a capital markets services (“CMS”) licence holder under the Securities and Futures Act (“SFA”).

CMS licence holders are required to comply with business conduct rules under the SFA and the Securities and Futures (Licensing and Conduct of Business) Regulations (“SFR”), including rules regarding protection of customer moneys and assets

CMS licence holders may maintain trust accounts with an overseas institution in respect of customers’ moneys and assets denominated in a foreign currency. They are also not allowed to use their customer’s money and assets unless it is for a purpose that is expressly permitted by the SFR.

In times of insolvency of Tiger Broker

Recoverability and time taken would depend on various factors, including the location of the moneys and assets and the applicable laws of the country where the moneys and assets are held.
So that doesn't inspire much, you're pretty much on your own if the company goes down. You know who else was a MAS "licence holder"? MF Global Singapore Pte. Limited.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.