Emptiness in the heart...

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2010
Messages
44,396
Reaction score
10,415
Find someone to share things wif

Dun need to glorify solo lifestyle.. It's overrated.

Meet someone here to jus tok and coffee and see how it goes.
 

NintendoSwitch

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2024
Messages
25,847
Reaction score
10,281
Wait for someone here to tell you find a mate
Mate or mate? Why not both?
797f8b49555d7878cd8c4b1c2ba827c2.jpg

3cI5P75wL10bgNhHRtm4NqlDhAU.jpg
 

NintendoSwitch

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2024
Messages
25,847
Reaction score
10,281
Sometimes emptiness isn’t too bad
Or do you want Nobita to keep running to you, “Doraemon, please help me! Jit pai hong kan liao!”
Ish there a hokkien ver of Xiao Ding Dang? I will watch just to hear him say that.
 

coyote

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
85,563
Reaction score
28,708
Just returned to SG after taking a short trip away from work in SG...

Previously I felt abit lonely, now I feel emptiness...

What is wrong with me these days seriously...

Nothing wrong with you. It a very very common phenomenon to do with our mind and body. I don't even need to say it, you already knew what's missing from your life. It starts with g... Your feeling will not go away until you address the root of this issue. The choice as usual, is always in your hands.
 

Dracky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
18,949
Reaction score
21,767
B B King sang decades ago, "The thrill is gone, gone from my heart."

Learn some blues music.
 

Multiversal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
24,900
Reaction score
8,162
Emptiness is very important in buddhism, very hard to achieve de, congrats.
Is the emptiness a state that is void of all emotions?

You can't be sad anymore but nothing can make you happy either? Even the death of one's mother is shrugged away as, oh well, it's the end of life in one realm, after this, it's another?

Nobody and nothing can make you angry. You reason that all these are temporal. Impermanent. So why get angry over something which is impermanent?

Do you exist like a cold hearted person with no empathy for human suffering? You reason that the man without legs is just reaping his KARMA. If someone is living in a rental HDB flat, well that's KARMA! What had he done in past lives?

And the 35% should shaddap! If people live in Rideout, that's KARMA! You all whine so much for what?

If I reach such a state, I think I am not different from a vacuum cleaner or an EV or rice cooker.

I firmly believe that apart from my physical body, I have a soul and a spirit. When people feel empty, it's because while the physical body has been fed, the spirit is searching for a higher meaning which nothing in this world can satisfy. We are lost, trying to find God.
 

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
23,479
Reaction score
5,297
Emptiness is good for you.

Better than worry or depression.
 
Last edited:

plaingrain

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
1,209
Reaction score
2,539
I hv been doing this nearly 2 years plus..
We gain some, we lose some. Your decision to go solo since your partner passed on might have saw you becoming more lonely, but you won some respect by us EDMWers because of your fidelity.

My eldest uncle, when his wife passed on at the age 48, straightaway went to buy 4D and found another girlfriend to accompany him. It upset his children because to them, they had only one mother and they expected their father my uncle to be at least devoted to his wife for a while before choosing to remarry.

They ie my cousins opposed violently when my uncle decided to bring his girlfriend home, in the end both parties relented by agreeing to let my uncle have his girlfriend while they paid their respects to their mother his late wife during Qing Ming.

Life no swee swee one lah, give and take lor. Have a good evening.
 

Notbbfa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2017
Messages
17,981
Reaction score
9,971
Nothing wrong with you. It a very very common phenomenon to do with our mind and body. I don't even need to say it, you already knew what's missing from your life. It starts with g... Your feeling will not go away until you address the root of this issue. The choice as usual, is always in your hands.
In b4 "gayness"
 

Lchlch

Honorary Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Messages
139,730
Reaction score
120,836
We gain some, we lose some. Your decision to go solo since your partner passed on might have saw you becoming more lonely, but you won some respect by us EDMWers because of your fidelity.

My eldest uncle, when his wife passed on at the age 48, straightaway went to buy 4D and found another girlfriend to accompany him. It upset his children because to them, they had only one mother and they expected their father my uncle to be at least devoted to his wife for a while before choosing to remarry.

They ie my cousins opposed violently when my uncle decided to bring his girlfriend home, in the end both parties relented by agreeing to let my uncle have his girlfriend while they paid their respects to their mother his late wife during Qing Ming.

Life no swee swee one lah, give and take lor. Have a good evening.
Yeah n thanks bro.
My colleague ever asked me why not find a partner?
I can't. Cos I am still looking at the street hoping to see my wife again.
 

plaingrain

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
1,209
Reaction score
2,539
Yeah n thanks bro.
My colleague ever asked me why not find a partner?
I can't. Cos I am still looking at the street hoping to see my wife again.
No right or wrong la, if the time is ripe you might meet a new partner. Lee Hsien Loong agreed to remarry after His first wife passed on, these are arrangements in our secular world that is imperfect for all of us but change is the only constant in life. For you, what I can suggest is that attachment is suffering. Letting go is the eventual outcome that the Buddha taught us. But we all are ordinary beings, if we are still clinging on to some hope, it's easier said than done when someone tells us to "just let go and you'll be free".

I'm just an ordinary being, so I still cling, maybe one day I might let go, but so far the time isn't right yet so I still cling. Attachment is a suffering that I chose to take up. It's a personal choice.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top