I imagine the children would have been extremely unhappy to hear such reasoning from their dad.
That's why I respect Brother
@Lchlch , even after his spouse passed on all these months he still thinks of her deeply. I think he deserves my commendation though it's also suffering on his part to be that attached to his spouse. Like I say, no right or wrong la, different people sees things differently. It's not for me to fault my eldest uncle too, for him money is more important than marriage, when his wife was around he was very henpecked, so when she passed on it turned out to be liberating for him instead. 30 years have since passed and he is still with his new found girlfriend. The children my cousins still are disagreeable with him marrying his second partner, but this girlfriend has had the privilege of living with him for more than 30 years since his first wife passed on.
You look at Ho Ching lor, she may not be as pretty as Wong Ming Yang, but she has the fortune of enjoying a ripe old age with LHL all these years. Who am I to judge why things happen the way they do in life?
Ok time for dinner, talk to you guys another time. I'm not God, I'm not in charge of this world and why and how people make certain decisions.