Everything about the iPhone X

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
Question - I'm currently awaiting Singtel's pre-order notification for pre-ordering next week. Let's say I'm unable to get due to overwhelming response, but for now can I just pre-order the 5-6 weeks wait at Apple online and if next week my pre-order is successful, can I just cancel order without Apple deducting $1888 from my CC?
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
So no point getting what tempered glass with 9H hardness and 3D curve and block blue light etc?

If you have AC+ just swap it out if you scratch it.

I haven't seen a tempered glass that hasn't suffered scratches after a day of installation.
More often than not these glass protector are just... not very scratch resistant (or drop resistant at that) and is a waste of money.

It's all marketing speak. How can glass not break, it's a glass. It's just shatterproof. Dropped from a height high enough, it'll break. In fact, even the iPhone strengthened glass will break.

The rate of people buying these "premium" protector and cases, I'll rather they invest in AC+.

if you're careful, then sure. go ahead with a glass protector and forgo the warranty/insurance.
 

xhui22

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
0
As long the order status is not changed to Preparing to ship can cancel order.

Question - I'm currently awaiting Singtel's pre-order notification for pre-ordering next week. Let's say I'm unable to get due to overwhelming response, but for now can I just pre-order the 5-6 weeks wait at Apple online and if next week my pre-order is successful, can I just cancel order without Apple deducting $1888 from my CC?
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Actually if received, still can return within 7 days if I'm not mistaken

Apple Singapore said:
iPhone/iPad return policy
If you are not fully satisfied with your iPhone/iPad purchase, you can return your undamaged iPhone/iPad to the Apple Online Store within 14 calendar days from the time you receive your iPhone(s)/iPad(s) for a refund. A 25% open box fee will be assessed on any opened unit (per unit). A 15% restocking fee will be assessed on closed box returns (per unit). Please visit online Order Status or call 1800-MY-APPLE to request a return. The iPhone/iPad must be returned in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation.

https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/help/returns_refund

There you go. :D
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,137
Reaction score
3,182
Same question as always:

Dunno to go without screen protector or not. I will be getting AC+
Eh. This one is up to you. I feel that screen protector, especially the tempered glass one, is just a marketing gimmick. Imagine your drop it, the tempered glass doesn't get smashed, the energy is being transferred to the actual screen itself and crack it.

I read an article of a screen engineer explaining why he will go naked instead of using a screen protector.
 

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2002
Messages
12,943
Reaction score
0
Eh. This one is up to you. I feel that screen protector, especially the tempered glass one, is just a marketing gimmick. Imagine your drop it, the tempered glass doesn't get smashed, the energy is being transferred to the actual screen itself and crack it.

I read an article of a screen engineer explaining why he will go naked instead of using a screen protector.

SP to me, is protect from scratches than from drop. Casing is more for drop protection.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
TG to me is a must. For me, it's not about protection the screen when you drop the phone and prevent it from cracking. It's more for protecting against micro abrasion from things like keys and small particles.

A lot of people said it won't, but there are so many iphones that i have seen, under a strong lighting, you can actually see micro abrasion on the display. And these are phones without any screen protector or TG installed.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top