Everything about the iPhone X

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,455
Reaction score
4,181
hi all, I can't seem to find the right answer with regards to this, any bros who are more technical can advise, for iOS updates, is it better to update via iTunes or just do OTA?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
hi all, I can't seem to find the right answer with regards to this, any bros who are more technical can advise, for iOS updates, is it better to update via iTunes or just do OTA?

Both methods are the same..
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
hi all, I can't seem to find the right answer with regards to this, any bros who are more technical can advise, for iOS updates, is it better to update via iTunes or just do OTA?

The only difference I find is that for OTA updates the upgrade file is lesser than the iTunes update file. Probably because the iTunes download the whole iOS file instead of just the upgrade.

Apart from that the performance should be the same. Never had issues with either.
 

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,350
Reaction score
2,744
Anyone got some cracking / static sound coming from the front speaker while watch YouTube from the YouTube app even at normal volume (4 bar in the volume HUD) It’s kind of annoying and take this video for example. I am using iPhone X with iOS 11.1.2



When I tested Apple Music and browser safari with the same YouTube video, there is no such cracking sound. It only happen on the latest Youtube app itself which lately is so f*** up.




 
Last edited:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,482
Reaction score
3,168
Anyone got some cracking / static sound coming from the front speaker while watch YouTube from the YouTube app even at normal volume (4 bar in the volume HUD) It’s kind of annoying and take this video for example. I am using iPhone X with iOS 11.1.2

 

manofsorrows

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
3,992
Reaction score
688
Well i abit anal, i use itunes. Its like a fresh install instead of a delta update.

hi all, I can't seem to find the right answer with regards to this, any bros who are more technical can advise, for iOS updates, is it better to update via iTunes or just do OTA?
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
not too sure. but I think u can bring it over to the new device?

what they tel me, is to refund the space grey n purchase the silver.

since they have no stock to exchange now. so have to wait for apple online to have stocks.

sun is my last day of the 14days period. so if I wan to do it, I have to refund by sun.

i'm refunding it. will be returning on tues so technically i have few days to try get a silver one online. not bad leh.:)

maybe u can refund and set a later courier pickup date while u try and get another set.
 

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
i'm refunding it. will be returning on tues so technically i have few days to try get a silver one online. not bad leh.:)

maybe u can refund and set a later courier pickup date while u try and get another set.

Great bro. But mine is collect at store. So I guess I have to return to them directly?
 

speedster4005

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
2,164
Reaction score
1
hi all, I can't seem to find the right answer with regards to this, any bros who are more technical can advise, for iOS updates, is it better to update via iTunes or just do OTA?

I did the OTA for 11.1.2 last night. Now, animation have stutter (swiping left or right from mail, Settings app or any Apple app (Notes, Reminder.) Rebooted the device too a couple of times, nothing. Now just finished restoring using iTunes. Problem solved. I restored as nEw phone instead of from back-up. :s22:
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,455
Reaction score
4,181
I did the OTA for 11.1.2 last night. Now, animation have stutter (swiping left or right from mail, Settings app or any Apple app (Notes, Reminder.) Rebooted the device too a couple of times, nothing. Now just finished restoring using iTunes. Problem solved. I restored as nEw phone instead of from back-up. :s22:

I updated OTA. My ipx like smoother and faster.
 

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
Collect at store for? U returning directly to the store? Den u managed to get another one?

as in my current space grey is collection at apple store, so if refund, will be directly to the store.
haven get silver yet, no stock still.
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
as in my current space grey is collection at apple store, so if refund, will be directly to the store.
haven get silver yet, no stock still.

No leh, u can just get a courier to pick up for returns. Just do it via your Apple account. Mine also picked up from store.

Today Apple store like no stocks sian.
 

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
No leh, u can just get a courier to pick up for returns. Just do it via your Apple account. Mine also picked up from store.

Today Apple store like no stocks sian.

ooo didn't know abt it.

but I do not have cardboard to pack the iPhone box. Lol
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top