Exchange Rate - Part 2

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,285
Reaction score
275
Just to confirm. The purpose of pairing up is so that there are no atm fees when withdrawing from atm. For all other purposes, like paying hotel, buy train tickets, etc, pairing is not required. The exchange rate is not affected by whether paired or not ya? I notice with pairing, the credit card becomes a debit card, money straight away deduct from savings a/c the moment you transact.
You can do anything with your credit card account EXCEPT cash withdrawal
Once you do cash withdrawal using ur credit card account, it becomes a CASH ADVANCE which means you are subjected to crazy interest rates
 

martin

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
70
You can do anything with your credit card account EXCEPT cash withdrawal
Once you do cash withdrawal using ur credit card account, it becomes a CASH ADVANCE which means you are subjected to crazy interest rates
Huh? Don’t tell me I understood wrongly? The discussions here seem to be that using the Trust card like youtrip and revolut cards give good exchange rates and Trust card no overseas cash advance fees or atm fees. only thing must pair the card with the savings a/c. So I am seeking clarification if my understanding is correct:
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,285
Reaction score
275
Huh? Don’t tell me I understood wrongly? The discussions here seem to be that using the Trust card like youtrip and revolut cards give good exchange rates and Trust card no overseas cash advance fees or atm fees. only thing must pair the card with the savings a/c. So I am seeking clarification if my understanding is correct:
Just do everything with your TRUST savings account and you'll be fine
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
Huh? Don’t tell me I understood wrongly? The discussions here seem to be that using the Trust card like youtrip and revolut cards give good exchange rates and Trust card no overseas cash advance fees or atm fees. only thing must pair the card with the savings a/c. So I am seeking clarification if my understanding is correct:
cos some of us may have Trust CC and Savings account... just make sure if you are withdrawing money from overseas ATM, it's from your savings account...

When you use your Trust CC on Credit card terminal, you can charge it to your cc account...

The only thing we don't want to sabo you is that you accidentally withdraw money from your Trust CC instead of your savings account cos it will trigger Cash Advance fee(24% or 28% interest if i m not wrong)...
 

martin

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
70
Just do everything with your TRUST savings account and you'll be fine
So must pair or not? That’s the part I am not clear. Insert card in atm machine, choose withdraw from savings a/c but so must pair first?
 

martin

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
70
cos some of us may have Trust CC and Savings account... just make sure if you are withdrawing money from overseas ATM, it's from your savings account...

When you use your Trust CC on Credit card terminal, you can charge it to your cc account...

The only thing we don't want to sabo you is that you accidentally withdraw money from your Trust CC instead of your savings account cos it will trigger Cash Advance fee(24% or 28% interest if i m not wrong)...
I am clear now about withdrawing from savings a/c but the pairing is necessary or not?
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
I am clear now about withdrawing from savings a/c but the pairing is necessary or not?

Withdrawing from ATM, no need to do pairing...

Only do pairing if you want your CC to deduct from your savings account on terminal... meaning make ur CC become a DC... refer to below screenshot for explanation... hope it's clear... :)

 

martin

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
70
Withdrawing from ATM, no need to do pairing...

Only do pairing if you want your CC to deduct from your savings account on terminal... meaning make ur CC become a DC... refer to below screenshot for explanation... hope it's clear... :)

Thank you so much. Clears up a big misunderstanding I have had. Ok, so atm withdrawal no need pairing.
Then for payment, I don’t see any benefit of pairing at all unless it offers better exchange rate. So then why would anyone want to do pairing and why they even make this like a big feature?
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
Thank you so much. Clears up a big misunderstanding I have had. Ok, so atm withdrawal no need pairing.
Then for payment, I don’t see any benefit of pairing at all unless it offers better exchange rate. So then why would anyone want to do pairing and why they even make this like a big feature?

welcome... hahaha... no idea... maybe they are digital bank, they wanna provide as much flexibility and control to their customers... Hahahaha....
 

kopi4ever

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
sTWUxLb.jpg

Bro, pink colour leh.
outside airport maybe don't have this pink colour lightbox but BoT atm also not purple, is maroon.
The currency exchange one then is Purpleish.
Anyway, currency exchange one will write damn big "currency exchange", hard to mistake lah.
Just located this atm just before the mrt at the escalator at terminal 1, exchange rate was 22.696. Not too bad for a Sunday I guess.
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,263
Reaction score
3,798
Just located this atm just before the mrt at the escalator at terminal 1, exchange rate was 22.696. Not too bad for a Sunday I guess.
ya not bad liao. somemore can even just withdraw twd200 at NO FEE.
Maybe u can search for other atm locations n withdraw in the next few days.
 

sesame246

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
502
Reaction score
18
I have other foreign currencies and wish to exchange them to TWD in singapore via money changers.

Will I be charged twice on the transaction, ie. convert the foreign currencies in SG and then SG to TWD?

Thanks for advice.
 

kopi4ever

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
ya not bad liao. somemore can even just withdraw twd200 at NO FEE.
Maybe u can search for other atm locations n withdraw in the next few days.
Yes and thank you for the photo, if not I would have mistakenly withdrawn from inside the airport terminal, which is actually foreign exchange atm, no idea whether it would have poorer rates though, but just played safe. Anyways would try again tomorrow at other BoT atm, as there was info here that exchange rates on Sunday would be abit poorer.
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,285
Reaction score
275
I have other foreign currencies and wish to exchange them to TWD in singapore via money changers.

Will I be charged twice on the transaction, ie. convert the foreign currencies in SG and then SG to TWD?

Thanks for advice.
I suggest you convert them to TWD in TW instead since that will be more direct
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,718
Reaction score
737
I have other foreign currencies and wish to exchange them to TWD in singapore via money changers.

Will I be charged twice on the transaction, ie. convert the foreign currencies in SG and then SG to TWD?

Thanks for advice.
Likely they will charge u two times.
In Taiwan, if you do at the money changer at airport you will be charged 30NTD/transaction.
 

Duncallmebro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2018
Messages
10,229
Reaction score
2,554
sTWUxLb.jpg

Bro, pink colour leh.
outside airport maybe don't have this pink colour lightbox but BoT atm also not purple, is maroon.
The currency exchange one then is Purpleish.
Anyway, currency exchange one will write damn big "currency exchange", hard to mistake lah.
Sorry if this has been answered before. Can use YouTrip card with this? Withdrawal charges is not an issue
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top