Fitear Tio Poison thread

destrozer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
1,123
Reaction score
0
What's wrong with Beats? Beats stylo-milo what? :D

On a serious note, maybe people consider FitEar the end game coz their prices are higher than the other CIEM makers, but once you're willing to pay 4 figures for your UIEM or CIEM, it's down to what type of sound signatures that you want from your IEM.
To some, maybe FitEar gives the sound signatures that they like.
I audited few TOTL UIEM such as K3003, IE800, ASG-2, 1p2 before I finally settled for TG!334

:O THE ASG-2! How was it?! Headfi makes it sound so good! No demos yet, so I don't know how it sounds but very interested in it.
 

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2012
Messages
11,162
Reaction score
2
Depends on the signature u r into.
For me, it has to be the 435.
Brilliantly clear and almost technically perfect.




What I mean is bass or treble being enhanced such that the bass or treble immediately catches your attention the first time u listen to them.
I dun like those.

What I like about Harbeth is that nothing immediately stands out on first listen.
Not the bass, treble nor anything else.
Harbeth's signature is one that u can listen for years without feeling bored.

In a current world where everything can be enhanced, Harbeth sounds so natural.
That's what makes it so special to me.

Are they genre specific or good all rounders?
 

widget

Senior Member
Joined
May 23, 2001
Messages
1,816
Reaction score
0
:O THE ASG-2! How was it?! Headfi makes it sound so good! No demos yet, so I don't know how it sounds but very interested in it.

I only auditioned them for 15-20 mins at the distributor's house and it was brand new set.
During the short time I had with them, I found the bass to be too much and it masked the mids and the highs, making the treble sounded like very rolled-off.
I was also testing the set using the bi-flange tip which is not my fav tip.
If I auditioned a fully burnt-in set, maybe my opinions of them would be positive also just like those in HeadFi.
 
Last edited:

kenz

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
2,555
Reaction score
0
The TG334 synergy with neutral sounding players like DX100 better.
On warmer signature players, may get bloated and bass may be overwhelming.

435 will go well with warmer sounding players like ColorFly C4 and HM-901.
 

adequate

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
408
Reaction score
0
435 is more for Jazz, Classical and slower music.
TG334 is more of an all rounder to me.

Agree that 435 is good for Classical ... voice not so shiok.
No chance to try out 334 ... would love to have a try sometime.
 

Guan22

Master Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
3,807
Reaction score
0
Like wat Kenz told me. 435 is Miracle perfected.
It'd be my perfect CIEM. My reference.
 

kenz

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
2,555
Reaction score
0
Like wat Kenz told me. 435 is Miracle perfected.
It'd be my perfect CIEM. My reference.

And waiting for Joe to go for it. :)

i know it's quite a sum to swallow but .. it's really good.
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,727
Reaction score
20,158
I had been listening to my C435 for almost everyday.

The nice about this fellow is the high which I feel so natural the high can be extended.

Ya, it's very very nice listening to vocal as it's can bring out the mid and high of the voice very well.

Maybe just a bit of warmness to the sound, then it's will be very very emotional.

I initially changed my cable to the 001 but changed back to the 004 after a few days. It's true that the 001 which is silver/copper to what I know can bring out more detail but my ear cannot tolerate long listening. Maybe it's a bit piercing which I feel. The 004 ( stock ) on the other hand is a copper cable is just nice to my ear.

:)
 

adequate

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
408
Reaction score
0
I think Jeremy hit the point on how I feel about the vocal, that little lacking in terms of emotion. Any case, can't bring myself to spend that kind of money. Hope to hear TG334 sometime soon, very curious how it sounds like.
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,727
Reaction score
20,158
I think Jeremy hit the point on how I feel about the vocal, that little lacking in terms of emotion. Any case, can't bring myself to spend that kind of money. Hope to hear TG334 sometime soon, very curious how it sounds like.

As what Joe said, it's neutral...................:)

The TG334 hard to get audition as there is no demo.
 

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,885
Reaction score
0
anyway seriously speaking :s13:, you really have a very high preference and tolerance. i tried ck100pro again recently at jaben just to refresh memory. cannot take it. the tings and zings are piercing me like 300 arrows too :s13:

haven heard the 800st but can just try to extrapolate from my 600 and 1000. and i can imagine... if 800 you feel the least bit of sibilant, then something must be wrong :D

for my tolerance level, 600 is muddling the line. 1000 is better although some transients also pushing the limit. in a sibilance-to-my-ears scale of 1 to 10, if 600 is 7, 1000 is 5, then ck100pro is 20 :s13:

:o

To be frank with ya, this discussion has nothing to do with my high tolerance level in terms of treble/brightness. I can tell you with confidence once we meet up and u listen to my pair of PF IX's, you would be very surprised that I would love the signature of these Piano Forte series as quite honestly they are nv considered to be a bright-sounding/analytical pair of iems.

Case in point, bro shsh91 tried them and he found it to be slightly less-resolving/lower in treble clarity compared to his Flat-4 Kaedes, which is quite abt right because to my ears the Kaedes are pretty much on-par on the same level as the MDR-EX800st/EX1000's in terms of overall treble clarity, and through my own serious A/Bing listens since i own the EX800st's too (switched with EX1000's cables) i have nv found my PF IX's to be anywhere more resolving/brighter compared to my EX800st's.

If you are free, go watch this Youtube video abt the CK100Pro's. It's not exactly an in-depth review regarding this flagship iem by ATH, but more of an interesting discussion and brief summary abt its overall signature and why 2 different ppl with diff signature taste can also love the CK100Pro's. The main commentator Mr. Lachlan (also known as a_recording) as on Head-fi) owns quite a diversified amount of gears as seen under his profile, he's owns quite a mixture of gears from Grado/ATH/Sony/Sennheiser actually.

I have also personally noted under his Closed Portable Cans review article on HF, he had specifically mentioned he has a personal preference for and usually likes a warmer/fun signature, specifically where he made some mentions when comparing the MDR-1R vs the Momentums and UE6000 (which the latter 2 have quite abit of mid-bass hump which makes them pretty much warm-sounding gears).

There are also alot of current and existing owners/users on my CK100Pro Head-fi thread, that have shared with me personally before they don't have a problem with its treble/brightness, in fact i believe there's one guy inside who owns the MDR-EX1000's and he professed that he love the CK100Pro's just as much.

As far as I can recall when Guan22/Joe had these on loan for a short period of time borrowed from his female friend, he also had nothing but positive praises for this pair of universals from ATH. (he didn't mentioned anything abt the treble being too bright or ear-piercing to me via his PM msgs as we were exchanging some stuffs regarding Toxic cables for the CK100Pro) Just goes to show that each of us all do hear things differently here.

Sry abt the long WOT again, but just thought I will come in to clarify here regarding yr previous post. Cheers.
:)
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,727
Reaction score
20,158
:o

If you are free, go watch this Youtube video abt the CK100Pro's. It's not exactly an in-depth review regarding this flagship iem by ATH, but more of an interesting discussion and brief summary abt its overall signature and why 2 different ppl with diff signature taste can also love the CK100Pro's. The main commentator Mr. Lachlan (also known as a_recording) as on Head-fi) owns quite a diversified amount of gears as seen under his profile, he's owns quite a mixture of gears from Grado/ATH/Sony/Sennheiser actually.

There u goes :



Now then I know CK100Pro is actually ATH Inear Flagship..................:eek:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top