Galaxy Note 3 on VoLTE

Peabrain

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
315
Reaction score
0
Receive a sms from single, informing me that my 4G clear voice is activated. But I do not even call them to activate it.
AND the green and red arrows not appearing on phone, even I restarted it.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Receive a sms from single, informing me that my 4G clear voice is activated. But I do not even call them to activate it.
AND the green and red arrows not appearing on phone, even I restarted it.

They could have revised their service policy by enabling all 4G users to receive VoLTE now.. well mine goes on and off. Doesnt bother me at all.. hahas.

In terms of power consumption, its not significant to me. I have been using 4g clearvoice since they launched it, didnt sense any significant power consumption...
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Looks like singtel has made it available to all 4G customers by default.. dunno if anyone using old 12GB plan on 4G without contract, will downgrade to default 2gb or something? :(
 

esparco

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2001
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Hi gurus, i have updated the software/firmware. However, upon checking the outgoing call options, i realised i do not have the volte options at all. My clearvoice is already activated and i have received a confirmation sms for singtel as well. I also do not have any coloured arrows. Any idea whats wrong? Thanks in advance.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi gurus, i have updated the software/firmware. However, upon checking the outgoing call options, i realised i do not have the volte options at all. My clearvoice is already activated and i have received a confirmation sms for singtel as well. I also do not have any coloured arrows. Any idea whats wrong? Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you would want to share with us your software version?
 

esparco

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2001
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Perhaps you would want to share with us your software version?

Heres a screenshot
25g5jqv.png
 
Last edited:

esparco

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2001
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Heres what i got on the call settings page
1zdq8go.jpg

No outgoing call settings options...
Anyone can offer some help? TIA.
 

tonyc

Senior Member
Joined
May 7, 2000
Messages
1,732
Reaction score
89
Hi gurus, i have updated the software/firmware. However, upon checking the outgoing call options, i realised i do not have the volte options at all. My clearvoice is already activated and i have received a confirmation sms for singtel as well. I also do not have any coloured arrows. Any idea whats wrong? Thanks in advance.

Called 1688 using your note 3, once connected you will see the red/green arrow appear suddenly.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Heres what i got on the call settings page
1zdq8go.jpg

No outgoing call settings options...
Anyone can offer some help? TIA.

Try turning on ur phone without sim card. After which, turn off and then re insert the sim card. Hopefully this forces the phone to recognise your sim to activate volte config menu..
 

stefchin

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2002
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
It depends on which telco you are with. Both singtel and starhub have volte active as partnof their service.

For singtel, as far as i know volte is still an add-on which is required to be requested by user..

I am with Singtel.
 

iorra

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
0
I don't find VOLTE option under call settings too. No such option with below latest 25th June firmware. Tried above method to on/off without sim card, but to no avail.
I'm with Singtel and also they verified VOLTE is turned on for my line.

PDA: N9005DXUENF3
CSC: N9005OLCENF2
MODEM: N9005DXUENF1
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I don't find VOLTE option under call settings too. No such option with below latest 25th June firmware. Tried above method to on/off without sim card, but to no avail.
I'm with Singtel and also they verified VOLTE is turned on for my line.

PDA: N9005DXUENF3
CSC: N9005OLCENF2
MODEM: N9005DXUENF1

wah.. sounds like firmware problem.. try clearing cache from recovery menu?
 

smokey

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
I had the same issue, multiple calls to the CSO, multiple deactivated/actived the 4G Clearvoice VAS, reflashed firmware using ODIN, change CSC code, changed SIM card (using Nano) etc.

The most helpful people were the Singtel Hello Store Manager & Retail Operations Mgr (Bedok Mall) that help to test my phone (using their store Staff SIM card and actually activated the VAS on them). They confirmed that the phone supports (firmware NF3) the service. The worked with the backend Network team and finally traced it to 'scripting' error. And they resolved it.

Kudos to the Management and staff at Singtel Hello Shop at Bedok Mall.

Caveat: No relations to them, only a satisfied customer.

I don't find VOLTE option under call settings too. No such option with below latest 25th June firmware. Tried above method to on/off without sim card, but to no avail.
I'm with Singtel and also they verified VOLTE is turned on for my line.

PDA: N9005DXUENF3
CSC: N9005OLCENF2
MODEM: N9005DXUENF1
 

iorra

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
0
What's 'scripting' error bro?
Finally what they do to resolve this error? Is your firmware still

PDA: N9005DXUENF3
CSC: N9005OLCENF2
MODEM: N9005DXUENF1

after they solve it? I tried clearing cache, but to no avail.


I had the same issue, multiple calls to the CSO, multiple deactivated/actived the 4G Clearvoice VAS, reflashed firmware using ODIN, change CSC code, changed SIM card (using Nano) etc.

The most helpful people were the Singtel Hello Store Manager & Retail Operations Mgr (Bedok Mall) that help to test my phone (using their store Staff SIM card and actually activated the VAS on them). They confirmed that the phone supports (firmware NF3) the service. The worked with the backend Network team and finally traced it to 'scripting' error. And they resolved it.

Kudos to the Management and staff at Singtel Hello Shop at Bedok Mall.

Caveat: No relations to them, only a satisfied customer.
 

smokey

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
Some 'Scripting' error on their backend, probably some network script setup that defines the VAS that are active on your account.

Would suggest that that you bring it down to the Hello store for them to assist in troubleshooting whether it is your handset problem or their backend network problem.

Firmware is NF3, the latest available from Singtel.

What's 'scripting' error bro?
Finally what they do to resolve this error? Is your firmware still

PDA: N9005DXUENF3
CSC: N9005OLCENF2
MODEM: N9005DXUENF1

after they solve it? I tried clearing cache, but to no avail.
 

Peabrain

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
315
Reaction score
0
After my 4G clearvoice was activated. I have problem sending sms. Sending via whatsapp is OK. I need to like restart my phone or off my WiFi den the message can send.
Anyone encounter this problem?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
After my 4G clearvoice was activated. I have problem sending sms. Sending via whatsapp is OK. I need to like restart my phone or off my WiFi den the message can send.
Anyone encounter this problem?

Does it happen at one location? I have no problem sending sms ever since on clearvoice, and that my sms is sent in 1second..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top