Galaxy S8 has red tint???

Hello_Kitty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2000
Messages
31,528
Reaction score
15,358
Source:
https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/19/galaxy-s8-red-tinted-screens/

According to multiple reports posted on Korean forums like PPOMPPU and social networks like Instagram, some S8 units' displays have a very noticeable reddish tint. It's unclear how widespread the issue is, but it seems to be serious enough for "Galaxy S8 Red Screen" to be a trending search term on Korean search engine Naver.

when you receive yours, please kindly check.
 

hwfan

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Hi, hmm mine has uneven tint, top half is reddish bottom is yellowish. No matter how I change the rgb balance on display settings the uneven acreen tint is there and very obvious.

I went down to Samsung Plaza Sing service centre twice since I got my phone yesterday and they said to wait for software update.

Can other S8 users advise what their red tint issue is like?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
On the other thread, the tint is whole screen..

Is it due to your lighting condition? Got pic?

Hi, hmm mine has uneven tint, top half is reddish bottom is yellowish. No matter how I change the rgb balance on display settings the uneven acreen tint is there and very obvious.

I went down to Samsung Plaza Sing service centre twice since I got my phone yesterday and they said to wait for software update.

Can other S8 users advise what their red tint issue is like?
 

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2005
Messages
54,687
Reaction score
1
If ununiform tinted better demand 1 to 1 xchg.

Only under display/screen mode/Adaptive display then can change indivdual rgb setting but if u change to other screen mode or do a factory reset, the pinkish will come back. It is a temperary fix n diff device the variation might differ. It's definitely bad qc during manufacturing stage.
 
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2002
Messages
34,995
Reaction score
8,609
Isn't that a super amoled characteristics?? Every year will see people kpkb about Samsung screen.. :D
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Like what the gurus said, it's due to different manufacturing process. As far as precision engineering is in place, there's alot of uncertainties during manufacturing. You can hundred thousands of identical display but not all of them are the same. However to human eye, some can tell difference while some cannot..

Isn't that a super amoled characteristics?? Every year will see people kpkb about Samsung screen.. :D
 

hwfan

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Below is the photo of my screen. Went back to Samsung PS Service Centre today and the Samsung staff also agree the contrast. Brought it behind the service area (to check w colleagues/boss?) and came back and told me to wait for softwarw update in 2 weeks or so, that will "definitely fix" the issue.

I told them I dont think so cos its an uneven tint issue, they said if the update cannot fix then go back again.

Btw for those birds who are posting in this thread with bird talk claiming limpeh is kpkb, I have owned Galaxy S, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note Edge and S7E over the years and never had such a poor screen before. Suspect as the online articles say, the new wide aspect amoled causes the amoled issues to be more obvious, and Samsung QC cmi this round.

Other than the screen I am enjoying the phone but this is quite a big flaw..

http://m.imgur.com/8ze2quo

8ze2quo.jpg
 
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Oh well I can see the below portion of the screen is different from the top. Do update us again when u receive the update..

I'm just wondering if u calibrate the screen again using diagnostic menu, would it be resolving for you? Just a conjecture..

Below is the photo of my screen. Went back to Samsung PS Service Centre today and the Samsung staff also agree the contrast. Brought it behind the service area (to check w colleagues/boss?) and came back and told me to wait for softwarw update in 2 weeks or so, that will "definitely fix" the issue.

I told them I dont think so cos its an uneven tint issue, they said if the update cannot fix then go back again.

Btw for those birds who are posting in this thread with bird talk claiming limpeh is kpkb, I have owned Galaxy S, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note Edge and S7E over the years and never had such a poor screen before. Suspect as the online articles say, the new wide aspect amoled causes the amoled issues to be more obvious, and Samsung QC cmi this round.

Other than the screen I am enjoying the phone but this is quite a big flaw..

http://m.imgur.com/8ze2quo

8ze2quo
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,005
Reaction score
1,727
Below is the photo of my screen. Went back to Samsung PS Service Centre today and the Samsung staff also agree the contrast. Brought it behind the service area (to check w colleagues/boss?) and came back and told me to wait for softwarw update in 2 weeks or so, that will "definitely fix" the issue.

I told them I dont think so cos its an uneven tint issue, they said if the update cannot fix then go back again.

Btw for those birds who are posting in this thread with bird talk claiming limpeh is kpkb, I have owned Galaxy S, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note Edge and S7E over the years and never had such a poor screen before. Suspect as the online articles say, the new wide aspect amoled causes the amoled issues to be more obvious, and Samsung QC cmi this round.

Other than the screen I am enjoying the phone but this is quite a big flaw..

http://m.imgur.com/8ze2quo

8ze2quo

Come I help you embed.

8ze2quo.jpg
 
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
4,685
Reaction score
499
They are using th3 software upgrade promised by head office to delay their action. Insist on exchanging!
 

hwfan

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Appreciate your helpful suggestion - yes I have played w the RGB option under display settings over and over again.. it becomes less obvious if i push red and green all the way down but keep blue. But still the contrast is there, like if i am surfing hwz the post from the bottom of the screen turn from yellowish tint when reach the top half have reddish tint.

Probably the oled diodes for my screen unevenly deposited. But I would have thought their blah blah blah 7 or 8 point check should pick up and reject. Seems all wayang only. What to do.. wait and see how lor. I not going to say I wont buy Samsung anymore but definitely a very disappointed long term customer.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I'm referring diagnostic menu in which it will full blast all RGB colours. Perhaps that helps to flush all diodes with constant power?

U can access diagnostic service menu with *#0*#.

The original intention for service menu is to look out of dead pixels or bright pixels. But who cares man since desperate situation calls for Desperate measures..

Appreciate your helpful suggestion - yes I have played w the RGB option under display settings over and over again.. it becomes less obvious if i push red and green all the way down but keep blue. But still the contrast is there, like if i am surfing hwz the post from the bottom of the screen turn from yellowish tint when reach the top half have reddish tint.

Probably the oled diodes for my screen unevenly deposited. But I would have thought their blah blah blah 7 or 8 point check should pick up and reject. Seems all wayang only. What to do.. wait and see how lor. I not going to say I wont buy Samsung anymore but definitely a very disappointed long term customer.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,005
Reaction score
1,727
Appreciate your helpful suggestion - yes I have played w the RGB option under display settings over and over again.. it becomes less obvious if i push red and green all the way down but keep blue. But still the contrast is there, like if i am surfing hwz the post from the bottom of the screen turn from yellowish tint when reach the top half have reddish tint.

Probably the oled diodes for my screen unevenly deposited. But I would have thought their blah blah blah 7 or 8 point check should pick up and reject. Seems all wayang only. What to do.. wait and see how lor. I not going to say I wont buy Samsung anymore but definitely a very disappointed long term customer.

Nay, you just got a lemon set. **** happens.
 

hwfan

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
I'm referring diagnostic menu in which it will full blast all RGB colours. Perhaps that helps to flush all diodes with constant power?

U can access diagnostic service menu with *#0*#.

The original intention for service menu is to look out of dead pixels or bright pixels. But who cares man since desperate situation calls for Desperate measures..



Hmm I did go into the menu but just toggled between r/g/b lor, seems colours are even and no dead pixels.. is there something else i should try? Doesnt change the uneven white tone i must say.. thanks for the suggestions!
 

hwfan

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Well lemon set or not the current Samsung service stance is disappointing... ask me to wait
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top