Free Map Update Policy
I just purchased a nuvi 1350 and also registered online at the Garmin website. I then visited the Free Map Update Policy and it reads as follows:
MalSing
nĂĽMaps Lifetime gives you free map updates for the lifetime* of your Garmin device
* If you purchase a nüMaps Lifetime™ subscription (sold separately or bundled together with certain GPS models), you will receive up to four (4) map data updates per year, when and as such updates are made available on Garmin’s website, for one (1) compatible Garmin product until the product’s useful life expires or Garmin no longer receives map data from its third party supplier, whichever is shorter. The updates received under the subscription will be updates to the same geographic map data originally included with the Garmin product when originally purchased). In some instances, your Garmin product might not have sufficient memory remaining to load an update to the same map data originally included with the Garmin product, in which case you will need to either (a) select reduced map data coverage for your updates, or (b) purchase separately a microSD card or a SD card (as applicable to your Garmin product) and load all or a portion of the map data coverage for your updates to the card and insert the card into the microSD card or SD card slot contained in the Garmin product. Garmin may terminate your nüMaps Lifetime subscription at any time if you violate any of the terms of this Agreement. The nüMaps Lifetime subscription may not be transferred to another Garmin product.
Singapore/Malaysia
The nĂĽMaps Guarantee entitles you to 1 or more free map updates within 60 days of Feb 24, 2012.You are also eligible for 1 additional free map update after Apr 24, 2012, but before Feb 23, 2013*.
* Guarantee applies to one covered Garmin product. Not transferable to any other person or product. .................
Can you advise if I can get free map updates for life, which I am told I can, but the nuMaps policy states I can only have one within 60 days of registration and another before the expiry of the 12 months of registration. Can some sifus here clarify. Thanking you all in advance.