boredom2012
High Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Dec 27, 2012
- Messages
- 28,372
- Reaction score
- 12,547
Show last hand. If this hand lose......

Pap gonna tag retirement age to when he step down from politics. And then claim Singaporeans love to workU want him to run for election at age of 90 until 95?
PSP is a party that Oppo for the sake of Oppo to show Singaporean that they are their voices. It is party first before Singapore.
If I were WC resident, will you vote a 85 old man to be MP? Job very hectic.The upcoming general election will likely be Progress Singapore Party (PSP) founder and chairman Tan Cheng Bock’s last, and if voted in, he will play a mentor role to a younger team who will look after the constituency.
“If we get elected, there will be this young team that will take care, and we have already put in place what to do, for example, starting the town council… all these have been identified,” he told CNA on Sunday (Apr 20).
“I will probably have to manage slightly differently, but I guess it won’t be a problem. As I always say, I want to mentor as many young people as possible,” he added.
Dr Tan, who turns 85 on Saturday, was speaking on the sidelines of his party’s walkabout at Taman Jurong Market and Food Centre.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/ge2025-tan-cheng-bock-psp-last-election-5076626
I have to be blunt.
They are taking along 2 unknown riders for the ride.
Dun think it will blend well with some residents.
should have sent LMW to fight an SMC.
if they lose this time and don't even make NCMP, then really all is lost..
If you are some one who can accept that, then it is fine.Didn't Aljunied also take along two unknowns in Faisal Manap and Pritam Singh in 2011?
I heard from my Malaysian friends that Dr. M got new "spare parts", so his interior is new while *ahem* outside is lao kok kok, but u can see he is still more energetic than most people his age except for the occasional illnesses.M really good genes, shld capture him for genetic research
If you are some one who can accept that, then it is fine.
There is no one size fits all answer.
It is just a personal preference.
Not after the redrawn of boundaries and taking in Jurong West and Taman JurongDon't expect any NCMP seats in this parliament given the tide on the ground - WP will retain all their seats and add some others.
Going all in is the right move - the alternative is not better.
So what happen next when they go all in and lose the plot ?My point here is the "2 unknowns" isn't as big a liability as you necessarily think.
Aljunied was won by LTK, Sylvia Lim (who was the NCMP the previous term) and Chen Show Mao. Pritam Singh only really came to prominence during the rallies, but let's be frank - the tide had turned and LTK's move was spot on. Similarly, LTK's decision to keep that team intact in 2015 was similarly a smart one - he understood the ground sentiment better than any (I am speaking with the benefit of hindsight though).
I share PSP's view in their deployment for WC as elaborated at https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...urong-west-grc.7119516/page-22#post-155931590 - win or lose, I don't see the NCMP route as viable. Hence, if you are not banking on NCMP seats, the only sensible strategy would be to opt for the one that yields the best chance of returns. I'd back this over fielding HP and/or LMW in any SMC.
Thanks bro for pulling up the stats. With a sharp 27% dip, all the more it explains why there was a need to adjust the boundaries here and there. I really hope my fellow West Coast-Jurong West GRC neighbours make the right choice.I guess they cannot just leave and go somewhere else.
If PAP was smarter, they could have carved out the old Ayer Rajah as a SMC.
But PAP wants to have the cake and eat it too.
I think PSP chances is no less stronger thanks to LMW and HP performance.
And if you look back a bit, PAP won West Coast by 78.57% in 2015, which fell to 51.68% in 2020.
So gerrymandering is not guaranteed a winning strategy for PAP.
Not after the redrawn of boundaries and taking in Jurong West and Taman Jurong
So what happen next when they go all in and lose the plot ?
Correction for you.PSP is a party that Oppo for the sake of Oppo to show Singaporean that they are their voices. It is party first before Singapore.
Please kindly answer my question.Did we not see the same with Chiam See Tong at Bishan in 2011?
Then again, what happens next if they had split and also lost the plot?
Please kindly answer my question.
Dun respond with another question.