General S-REITs Discussion Thread

stanlawj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
10,319
Reaction score
5,575
Up to mid 80s and then down again.

Looks like reits not only affected by interest rates but also sentiments people can think of that affect reits.
I think I know the reason. Both Link REITS (0823.HK) and CICT (C38U) are taking down the CFA. These are the top two components and they are behaving badly.
Link REITS obviously due to China (shorting).
CICT due to selling Collyer Quay and whatever reason that comes after that.
Hence procedure to buy CFA: Check Link REITS and CICT have both bottomed first.

Anyway, I think they are good buy now, or at least near a bottom soon.
 
Last edited:

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
I think I know the reason. Both Link REITS (0823.HK) and CICT (C38U) are taking down the CFA. These are the top two components and they are behaving badly.
Link REITS obviously due to China (shorting).
CICT due to selling Collyer Quay and whatever reason that comes after that.
Hence procedure to buy CFA: Check Link REITS and CICT have both bottomed first.

Anyway, I think they are good buy now, or at least near a bottom soon.


CICT still down. Thought selling off Collyer Quay at premium to pay off debts is a good thing but market see it otherwise?

Anyway queue to buy CICT at 1.90.
 

BMWguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2023
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
4,807
Capitaland Ascendas reit $2.56 can buy right? This one bluest of blue chip reits

When U-turn can easily reach $3
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
I think I know the reason. Both Link REITS (0823.HK) and CICT (C38U) are taking down the CFA. These are the top two components and they are behaving badly.
Link REITS obviously due to China (shorting).
CICT due to selling Collyer Quay and whatever reason that comes after that.
Hence procedure to buy CFA: Check Link REITS and CICT have both bottomed first.

Anyway, I think they are good buy now, or at least near a bottom soon.
I added some CFA and ascendas...

Capland ascendas itself machiam like a mini etf liao
 

stanlawj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
10,319
Reaction score
5,575
Boat leaving port? Even maple log up by 4% siah...
There was a simultaneous big drop in UST 10yr yield. So this is definitely algos pushing REITS sector up due to UST long bond yields down. The closest event that could trigger this is either one of these two reasons:
1. Scott Bessent (a seasoned macro trader/investor) will be the next Trump's US Secretary of Treasury replacing Janet Yellen, reflects confidence of UST market will be under control.
2. Escalation in NATO-donated missiles attacking Russia means armageddon coming soon.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
There was a simultaneous big drop in UST 10yr yield. So this is definitely algos pushing REITS sector up due to UST long bond yields down. The closest event that could trigger this is either one of these two reasons:
1. Scott Bessent (a seasoned macro trader/investor) will be the next Trump's US Secretary of Treasury replacing Janet Yellen, reflects confidence of UST market will be under control.
2. Escalation in NATO-donated missiles attacking Russia means armageddon coming soon.
Number 2 will be scary sia.
 

stanlawj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
10,319
Reaction score
5,575
Huat ah!! Big drop in UST 10yr and 30yr yields.
Time for SREITS to chiong tomorrow.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top