General S-REITs Discussion Thread

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,893
Reaction score
1,318
Screenshot-20210503-181952-com-google-android-apps-docs.jpg

Screenshot-20210503-181753-com-google-android-apps-docs.jpg
Ascendas moved out of China and divest to CLCT.
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,165
Reaction score
5,101
This Ascenda Reit keep on asking for money by putting big discount on private placement ..I think it is a bad investment
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,893
Reaction score
1,318
Still dont know why lao sai today.

Correction or because of back to phase 2 announcement or....?
 

frozenkid

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
1
This Ascenda Reit keep on asking for money by putting big discount on private placement ..I think it is a bad investment
Have mentioned in A-reit thread that I sold everything on Wednesday and forgo the div. This counter sort of pisses me off for the past 6 months. I really felt it underperformed.

Now recently pullback, will shop for other counters.
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,893
Reaction score
1,318
Have mentioned in A-reit thread that I sold everything on Wednesday and forgo the div. This counter sort of pisses me off for the past 6 months. I really felt it underperformed.

Now recently pullback, will shop for other counters.
I see seems like bb are selling.
 

starbugs

Master Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2000
Messages
3,037
Reaction score
204
I see seems like bb are selling.

It's those people got the placement cheaply, making a quick buck. The whole placement system is really dumb, with no transparency on who received those placements shares and on what basis.
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,165
Reaction score
5,101
Have mentioned in A-reit thread that I sold everything on Wednesday and forgo the div. This counter sort of pisses me off for the past 6 months. I really felt it underperformed.

Now recently pullback, will shop for other counters.
yeah.. I hate these S-REIT starting doing 10 percent discount private placement for someone to dump and make quick buck.. For Ascendas , a blue chip reit to do multiple placement within a year is uncalled for..
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,518
Reaction score
6,088
I see seems like bb are selling.
In SG market or any market, there are buyer and seller,
Buyer - buy for long or short seller covering short. Including retail and institutional investors.
Seller - sell or short sell. Including retail and institutional investors.
So not just BB can sell.
It's those people got the placement cheaply, making a quick buck. The whole placement system is really dumb, with no transparency on who received those placements shares and on what basis.
A placement is the sale of securities to a small number of private investors that is exempt from registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission under Regulation D, as are fixed annuities. This exemption makes a placement a less expensive way for a company to raise capital compared with a public offering.

There is transparency. Read their announcements.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,518
Reaction score
6,088
yeah.. I hate these S-REIT starting doing 10 percent discount private placement for someone to dump and make quick buck.. For Ascendas , a blue chip reit to do multiple placement within a year is uncalled for..
If a REITs don't or never do private placement or right issue, that REITs will never grow.
 

hwckhs

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
1,351
Bulk of SREIT's return come in the form of dividend. But, what drives long-term (10, 20 years) price appreciation?

SREIT Leaders Index's annualized price return between 2010-2020 is about 3%. Can we expect similar growth in future? What are the necessary conditions for price appreciation to happen?
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,518
Reaction score
6,088
Bulk of SREIT's return come in the form of dividend. But, what drives long-term (10, 20 years) price appreciation?

SREIT Leaders Index's annualized price return between 2010-2020 is about 3%. Can we expect similar growth in future? What are the necessary conditions for price appreciation to happen?
Let pick FLCT as a example.
IPO $0.89 in 2016 June, now $1.47 65% capital appreciation.
From 2017 start, annual dividend is 7 cents. That's is 7.86%

I started last year.
Brought $1.24 now $1.47, 18.5% gain with yearly 5.64% dividend.

Index consist of good and lousy REITs, so average out, the return is not great.
 

hwckhs

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
1,351
Let pick FLCT as a example.
IPO $0.89 in 2016 June, now $1.47 65% capital appreciation.
From 2017 start, annual dividend is 7 cents. That's is 7.86%

If someone buys FLCT today, do you expect the price to rise after holding for 10 or 20 years? What are the fundamental reasons for the price to go higher? Rising asset valuation? What else? Which factor is the most important?

I buy and hold (DCA) into REITs. I know dividend (mostly) comes from rental, but future price appreciation is something I am uncertain of.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top