Good Power Banks?

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,470
Reaction score
1,028
I know. I am just being specific. Mi/Xiaomi is the company name but if you're talking about their products, Mi Power Bank is the right term to be used.
Mi is the Product Brand, Xiaomi is the company.

Just like Apple is the company, iPhone is the product Brand.

Same same lah.

Xiaomi has not released two tier of power bank product or brand so as of now if someone mentioned Xiaomi powerbank, it is The Mi Power Bank.

Just semantics.
 

qhong61

Banned
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
73,041
Reaction score
12,227
My Anker has been great! Tried Quick Charge on my colleagues Samsung Galaxy S6. It went from 9%-100% in roughly 90 minutes or so (I wasn't paying attention). He was pretty impressed.

I did a mini-review here too.
is Anker heavy?
 

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,470
Reaction score
1,028
where do you all buy cheap xiaomi 10400mah from nowadays?
No longer cheap, $18.99 now for silver colour and that is for 10,000 mah new model which is smaller than its predecessor 10,400 mah.

Guess Mi practice of luring customer with cheap and good product works to build customer confidence. And when it raised the price a bit, they feel ok as they know the quality is good and still cheaper than competitor.
 

BasicOne

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2010
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
1
Mi PowerBank is still the most worthy power bank I should say.
Even though the price has increased, it is still worth the hoot.

If you need more capacity, of cos it will be much heavier. Common sense, don't expect it to be as light as others where you can only charge once.
 

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2000
Messages
37,478
Reaction score
1,561
actually i am interested to buy one to open up for the cells
i need 4 cells
so looking for the 1st gen 10400mah one

anywhere still sells?
 

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2014
Messages
6,019
Reaction score
116
just bought a new one with quick charge cable. use with s6.

really can charge fast. and it's more compact and smaller than my 10,400mah. i like this more. paid $25+ tgt with shipping charges.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,009
Reaction score
1,725
just bought a new one with quick charge cable. use with s6.

really can charge fast. and it's more compact and smaller than my 10,400mah. i like this more. paid $25+ tgt with shipping charges.

You're talking about Anker?
 

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,470
Reaction score
1,028
just bought a new one with quick charge cable. use with s6.

really can charge fast. and it's more compact and smaller than my 10,400mah. i like this more. paid $25+ tgt with shipping charges.
Mi 10,000 mah? Yeah, I am liking this one too.
I got their gold christmas design - kinda cute haha.
But too bad, I protect it with the silicon case so cant see all the time.

Which cable is the quick charge cable?
 

ussr_1991

Banned
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
5,460
Reaction score
419
What about Neo's powerbank especially this (I am using the PB13000 known as 13,000 mAH version):

http://www.bizgramasia.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/6114/


image_6869.jpg




Recently my classmate who specialize in smartphones claimed to me that my iPhone 5S battery cmi and it is closely related to the powerbank I am using (Above).

Given that it is true where my phone gets heats up very easily, I agreed to let him change the battery and there is indeed some expansion in the battery itself.


So does anyone can verify the claim independently? I see no issue on the charge / discharge part.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,009
Reaction score
1,725
Mi 10,000 mah? Yeah, I am liking this one too.
I got their gold christmas design - kinda cute haha.
But too bad, I protect it with the silicon case so cant see all the time.

Which cable is the quick charge cable?

It's not the cable that has quick charge (QC) but the device that outputs the specifications of QC.

All decent/high quality cables can deliver QC transfer rate.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,009
Reaction score
1,725
What about Neo's powerbank especially this (I am using the PB13000 known as 13,000 mAH version):

Recently my classmate who specialize in smartphones claimed to me that my iPhone 5S battery cmi and it is closely related to the powerbank I am using (Above).

Given that it is true where my phone gets heats up very easily, I agreed to let him change the battery and there is indeed some expansion in the battery itself.

So does anyone can verify the claim independently? I see no issue on the charge / discharge part.

I can't comment unless you are able to measure the output of the power bank effectively (using a USB doctor is one way).

It looks like a copycat of Romoss Power bank don't you think?
FYbJWwu.jpg

Not sure which company came out first though.

Your phone must be about 2 years old? If so, battery capacity would definitely be lower due to ageing. My 2 year old iPhone 4S only held about 70% of it's charge (meaning, when I charge my phone to "100%", the actual percentage is 70%).

I fail to understand your last two paragraph. Can you rephrase? I only understand that he changed your iPhones internal battery, right?
 

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,470
Reaction score
1,028
It's not the cable that has quick charge (QC) but the device that outputs the specifications of QC.

All decent/high quality cables can deliver QC transfer rate.
Where do you see that the new Mi 10,000 mah is a QC? Is it because of 2A?
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,009
Reaction score
1,725
Where do you see that the new Mi 10,000 mah is a QC? Is it because of 2A?

At the thread I did a mini-review on here

Read post #82 onwards and you'll find the link to the Mi Power Bank that supports Ultra Fast Charging (not to be mistaken for Quick Charge 2.0). It also means that you can charge your power bank quicker (at 5.1V/3.6A) but not charge your device at QC rate.

It's their new 20k model that supports this Ultra Fast Charging, not the 10k model you mentioned.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top