Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

cavie

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
im using 1st gen nexus 7 n recently upgraded to android 5.. n my nexus became super laggy, apps like facebook cant even run properly....

anyone know how to flash back to 4.4?

Android is very laggy and buggy on 1st gen nexus 7, even though the set is flashed clean via factory images.

I have flashed it back to 4.4.4 via factory images. The user data is likely to be gone during the downgraded version flashing. Anyway, I flashed it clean to be sure of any residue of Android 5.
 

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
62,848
Reaction score
1,080
Android is very laggy and buggy on 1st gen nexus 7, even though the set is flashed clean via factory images.

I have flashed it back to 4.4.4 via factory images. The user data is likely to be gone during the downgraded version flashing. Anyway, I flashed it clean to be sure of any residue of Android 5.

aiya, you should have clear your cache under fastboot.

you have to rebuilt your ART, sounds like something went wrong the first time.
 

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
62,848
Reaction score
1,080
Hi all,

My Nexus gen 2 seems like uplorry liao :(

Did a bit of research. When I boot up the tablet, it is unable to get pass the "Google" screen. Any advice on how can I troubleshoot this??

Also, was wondering if there is any repairshop that can provide cheap and quality servicing of the tablet??

Thanks

you can go to fastboot or recovery? if ok then you can reflash stock rom.
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
Hi all,

My Nexus gen 2 seems like uplorry liao :(

Did a bit of research. When I boot up the tablet, it is unable to get pass the "Google" screen. Any advice on how can I troubleshoot this??

Also, was wondering if there is any repairshop that can provide cheap and quality servicing of the tablet??

Thanks

If you're able to boot into Fastboot, means haven't uplorry.
 

ykeen

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 31, 2000
Messages
4,635
Reaction score
128

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
26,122
Reaction score
54
Anyone waiting for black Friday to grab this? I know I am! :)

Whether its 16 or 32 gb, what sort of pricing (USD) you all looking at? :)

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4
Have not yet gotten Lollipop for my 2013 Nexus 7 Wifi. :/

Google really is slow to roll out firmware updates.

/Dan
 

jtdcjtdc

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
35
I am still sticking to my Nexus7 2013 even though its WIFI only 16GB. its the friendliest size for me, the successor Nexus9 is kinda big already for my taste.

possibly the next upgrade would be the LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition (still bigger), or maybe the Samsung Galaxy Tablet S (but that one has suckwiz). Or the smaller Xperia Z Ultra (but is going to be oudated in awhile) and is much more pricey even. the Z3 Compact tablet, not sure why only the LTE model the sellers here got and i don't need that, it just drives up the price. it also has only marginal upgrade compared to N7 2013.

so no better choice just stick to existing.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top