Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

xypher

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
My N7 2013 has stopped working. I think it drained itself to 0%. It was <20% last night and I forgot to charge it after using.

This morning when I tried using it, the white light blinked 5 times before becoming totally unresponsive.

Anyone has this problem before? I tried holding the power button for up to 1 minute. I don't mind doing a hard reset as long as I can use it again.
 

melc_cyk

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
My N7 2013 has stopped working. I think it drained itself to 0%. It was <20% last night and I forgot to charge it after using.

This morning when I tried using it, the white light blinked 5 times before becoming totally unresponsive.

Anyone has this problem before? I tried holding the power button for up to 1 minute. I don't mind doing a hard reset as long as I can use it again.

Did u try to do a soft reset? Hold the power on button and volume down button till N7 goes into recovery mode.

Hard Reset your Google Nexus 7 (2013) — Android Forum - AndroidPIT

It does work for me when my device was hang previously.
 

Arucard

Master Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
3,823
Reaction score
41
Getting a new replacement from amazon soon , my current N7 got red patch when screen in black :(
 

nachocheese

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
9,699
Reaction score
163
does asus sg covers warranty for those bought from amazon? from i heard is international warranty only applies to those bought from playstore.

my n7(wifi) is having batt and charging problem. batt drain overnight even if wifi isnt on and does not charge when it is on but strangely it is able to charge when turned off.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/WTxa5xz-5MY

edit: only charge when batt is completely flat
 
Last edited:

shadowlezz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
4,439
Reaction score
12
does asus sg covers warranty for those bought from amazon? from i heard is international warranty only applies to those bought from playstore.

my n7(wifi) is having batt and charging problem. batt drain overnight even if wifi isnt on and does not charge when it is on but strangely it is able to charge when turned off.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/WTxa5xz-5MY

try registering it in the asus singapore warranty page. Nexus 7 2013 should be in the ee pc area if im nt wrong put in ur product number and hope that its accepted. Then go down to asus to get it fixed
 

nachocheese

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
9,699
Reaction score
163
try registering it in the asus singapore warranty page. Nexus 7 2013 should be in the ee pc area if im nt wrong put in ur product number and hope that its accepted. Then go down to asus to get it fixed

product SSN accepted. but no sure if asus sg accept not. it was redirected to non sg domain page for product registration but i set my country as sg thou..
 

ManUnited7

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone!

I'm a new Nexus 7 II LTE user. Been using it for 3 weeks.
Want to check with people here that where do you get replacement for the SIM card rejecter pin?

I bought my set from a seller on HWZ. He opened right in front of me, its a BNIB set. However, both of us can't find the rejecter pin anywhere in the box. It's very weird. And I tried to use the iPhone one, the pin is too short.

Another issue, I don't know whether any users got the same problem with me. I don't know what is the exact problem on my Nexus but sometimes my Nexus (with battery) are dead when I tried to on it. The screen are black but it's blinking the blue light at the bottom of the screen. I tried to charge it, and the screen are still black, no effect.

The only solution is I have to press and hold the on button for at least 10 seconds then the set will turn on by itself. It's like the set automatically off by itself. Anyone facing the same problem like me?
 

schmeichel

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
713
Reaction score
6
Hi,

I've got a Nexus II LTE bought from Asus retail shop at Vivocity. Is it possible to double tap to wake the screen without the need to press the physical button at the side?
 

blueme

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2014
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I've got a Nexus II LTE bought from Asus retail shop at Vivocity. Is it possible to double tap to wake the screen without the need to press the physical button at the side?

I don't think nexus 7 has this tap on function. however...you can purchase a slim casing that has a wake screen function. this would saves you from the hassle of pressing the on/ off button.
 

sandwich

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
5,754
Reaction score
1
I just ordered a set from amazon :o

Any suggestions where and what casing I should get?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top