(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2000
Messages
12,966
Reaction score
20
Just found out the greens in SG not cheap.

Think just stick to buying from roasters.
 

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2000
Messages
12,966
Reaction score
20
Never get, just asked for prices.

It's like $1-$2 lesser than the roasted products per 250g.
You roasting yourself?

How much are you getting?
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
Yes I'm roasting myself.
Huge range in prices depending where the beans are from.
Last year I got some Yirgacheffe at about $18/kg.
Currently roasting some beans from Brazil and Kenya. Brazilians beans are generally cheaper, I got them for like a little less than $12/kg. Kenya beans at less than $16/kg.
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
I got 8kg each time. I roast 300gm every week.

I bought mine from a local roaster. Small startup.
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
I'm using a behmor 1600. Not much controls over the roasting process but it is easily repeatable if you get a profile right. Of course due to the lack of fine controls and proper temperature monitoring you won't get to the same level of commercial roasters. Being able to get good quality greens plays a huge part as well.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Messages
8,602
Reaction score
1
JIb3y4S.jpg


oB6nMZT.jpg


Trying their blends...
 

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Messages
8,602
Reaction score
1
How do you like their blend? I find it goes very well with milk. The cocoa flavor cuts thru the milk and is not downed out like in other espresso blends.

not bad. the sour note is very strong on first sip. will try more and see how it turns out on my machine. :D
 

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2000
Messages
12,966
Reaction score
20
I think they roast base on their pressure profiling machines, so may not work well those machines with flat line pressure profiles
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
not bad. the sour note is very strong on first sip. will try more and see how it turns out on my machine. :D

The version of iron bark I tried was quite dark roasted so I'm quite surprised your found it sour. Maybe they changed their roast level.

I brewed it at 92 degrees with a 50% ratio.
 

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Messages
8,602
Reaction score
1
Yes, it's quite dark. But for some reason, only the first sip turned out sour to me. Maybe it's just my taste bud.

The version of iron bark I tried was quite dark roasted so I'm quite surprised your found it sour. Maybe they changed their roast level.

I brewed it at 92 degrees with a 50% ratio.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top