(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Messages
8,602
Reaction score
1
I bought an ECM bottomless portafilter recently. Unfortunately, it does not fit into my Rocket machine. I even tried to use a 8 mm gasket but it was still not enough. I would like to hear some advices from all here what can I do about it. Any suggestions? Anyone hear about such problems before? I do know there are certain brands of portafilter that doesn't work with E61 grouphead but at least not ECM. :sad:
 

mirage86

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Anyone has recommendations for a 4oz cup? Looking for ceramic type in tulip shape. Inker has some nice ones but don't think they have a local distributor :(
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
For piccolo lattes as I prefer to have lesser milk with certain coffees.

Usually i see piccolo lattes served in duralex cups

http://www.espressocups.com.sg/index.php?manufacturers_id=11

for the ESC blend? I just tried it with milk. the honey flavours shine thru this one. :s22:

Anyway here is my 2nd delivery from Joe Curious. ESC blend from Return Coffee - HK. This seems to be a medium, medium-light roast. Very evenly roasted.
As stated in the tasting notes, the honey flavours are showcased when added to milk. Delicious.
I don't use preinfusion when making with milk.
When made for espresso I use 1 degree higher temp, grind finer and the usual slayer 20sec preinfusion with reduced pressure at the last 1/3 of the shot. Cuts the acidity for more balance.

27218090935_bedc5b2295_c.jpg
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
I bought an ECM bottomless portafilter recently. Unfortunately, it does not fit into my Rocket machine. I even tried to use a 8 mm gasket but it was still not enough. I would like to hear some advices from all here what can I do about it. Any suggestions? Anyone hear about such problems before? I do know there are certain brands of portafilter that doesn't work with E61 grouphead but at least not ECM. :sad:

I used rocket ones for the VBM machine. It locks in at 7 o clock instead of 6 o clock. able to lock in at 6 oclock when i used softer cafelat group gaskets.

is yours not able to lock in or just not at 6 oclock?
 

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Messages
8,602
Reaction score
1
I used rocket ones for the VBM machine. It locks in at 7 o clock instead of 6 o clock. able to lock in at 6 oclock when i used softer cafelat group gaskets.

is yours not able to lock in or just not at 6 oclock?

when i fit the portafilter into the grooves of the grouphead and turn a little bit, it's stuck.

it would be approximately at 8 o'clock location. dont think it's locked in.
 

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Messages
8,602
Reaction score
1
Usually i see piccolo lattes served in duralex cups

http://www.espressocups.com.sg/index.php?manufacturers_id=11

for the ESC blend? I just tried it with milk. the honey flavours shine thru this one. :s22:

Anyway here is my 2nd delivery from Joe Curious. ESC blend from Return Coffee - HK. This seems to be a medium, medium-light roast. Very evenly roasted.
As stated in the tasting notes, the honey flavours are showcased when added to milk. Delicious.
I don't use preinfusion when making with milk.
When made for espresso I use 1 degree higher temp, grind finer and the usual slayer 20sec preinfusion with reduced pressure at the last 1/3 of the shot. Cuts the acidity for more balance.

Quite tempted to order beans from them. once a month is still ok for the price.
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
when i fit the portafilter into the grooves of the grouphead and turn a little bit, it's stuck.

it would be approximately at 8 o'clock location. dont think it's locked in.

Ic you can try to back flush to see if there is any leakage but what is more important is to make sure the lugs of the bayonet mount is locked in fully so that it does not slip out under pressure. Happened to me before. As long as as the lugs are all the way past the opening of the mount it should be ok.

Can try the cafelat gasket to see it that helps. Using the cafelat one I was able screw in at 5 o clock because it's softer. I'm Currently using cafelat la marzocco gasket.
 

mirage86

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Haha yup. Looks neat too. Alternatively you can try to use acme 150 ml / 5 oz flat white cups. I got mine from papa palheta

http://acmecups.com/products/acme-flat-white-cups-trade

if you want inker can try jimmy monkey. i saw their blue inker cups there.

I have a few of the Duralex glasses, they are indeed cheap and good! Bought for 3 bucks each in UK.

I'm starting to feel they look a bit out of place when they are together with my other cups which are all ceramic with handles.. so thought of getting one just to match with the rest :s13: I did think of the ACME 5oz ones but still slightly too big for my liking. Will drop by Jimmy Monkey soon!
 

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2000
Messages
12,966
Reaction score
20
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top