(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
Yes chikyblink thanks for the input.
That's the part I will have trouble, getting grinds out. I see the guys putting it upside down and stuff and I will have problem cos its heavy.
I'm gonna get Lido E.cos ET doesn't have funnel lol. It does have the rubber stopper which I've no idea wat for

Can try calling knock house to see if they still have the lido in stock and let u try a demo set to grind some beans. Some people hate hand grinding esp if it's a band grinder. But the ease of single dosing makes up for the little bit of effort.

The rubber stopper is to prevent the bean from flying out when u are grinding. I find it very useful. My feld grind version 1.0 did not come with one so I made one myself. New feldgrinds come with a rubber stopper.
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
I tot there's a feld hand grinder mentioned here which is EUR99.

Feldgrind is beautifully made. I paid less than 200sgd with shipping. Mostly Well designed and grinds perfectly. Fantastic travel grinder. (Hence the name). Minor gripe The catch cup can come off quite easily. Major gripe - customer service is legendarily bad. U have to wait for months with no head or tail when the grinder is coming. No replies to email. There are so many threads complaining about the customer service. But.....it's a good product so buyer beware. Have to be patient. Or get those that are available off the shelves sometimes from authorized distributors.
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
I saw a video where a lady had trouble turning a lido. Is the lido hard to turn? With hand grinder I find it's about getting the rhythm. Even strong guys had problems turning my hg one because it's the 1st time they tried and have not gotten the rhythm and understood where to press down to stabilize the grinder.

Yes you're right, hand grinders in general are all about getting the rhythm going. The start up crank is usually the hardest part. For the HG One, I like to start with the crank at the 3 o'clock position, then I just need to push down the crank and get the momentum going. The same goes to smaller hand grinders. You just need to find a comfortable position to start up the crank, build up the momentum and its smooth cranking till the end.
 

tortoise18

Banned
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
30,374
Reaction score
856
Knockhouse stopped selling Lido grinders.
Only gt Comandante C40 MKIII Nitro Blade $365.
Coffeeinaplace gt sell Lido
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,369
Reaction score
15,804
With so much caffeine and cranking these stiff grinders, I won't be surprise of severe osteoporosis on one arm much sooner than usual. :s13:
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,369
Reaction score
15,804
So big, can only sell to another commercial joint. Buy for home is crazy.

I think needs a dedicated special plug with huge power consumption, also needs to plumb in.

1KG a week, is damn little. My bezzera machine in my office use at least 2 kg a week.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,369
Reaction score
15,804
Maybe Amazon has it.
Don't look nice to use. Need to lift the grinder to clean the tray.

The best is still knockbox drawer and put your grinder on top. Very handy.
Easy to sweep and clean.
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
not much diff here
MDF burr size 50mm
Lido 48mm.

pricing similar.. I will get the MDF.
Actually they're very different.
MDF has a 50mm flat.
Lido has a 48mm conical.
And as we all know, the grind path on a conical is actually larger than what it states.
What that translates to taste, it's all up to individuals.
If you can't stand manual grinding, get the MDF.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
yes U are correct on flat/conical.

btw 50m flat vs 48mm conical the diff is negligible irrc from what I read on coffeegeek.
the difference usually come from a larger burr with significant size diff.. say 64mm vs 83mm. smaller burr size diff very little at all.
 

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
46,418
Reaction score
20
Nespresso machine good or not ?
Can buy ?

Festive-Promo-ProductPDP-PixieTitanBundle2-444x540px-28Oct.png
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,369
Reaction score
15,804
Once you use a proper beans to cup machine, won't go back for Nespresso
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top