(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

gkhbgk

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Different coffee needs to adjust different grind setting a little.

Actually you can just use single dosing method instead of dosing all your required beans into the hopper.

For the blend that flows faster, use more coffee to add more resistance lor.
Example 15g for your Boncafe and 18g for your lavazza.
My experience with lavazza is it is very thick and nutty though, maybe your bag was opened for too long.

Hi thanks for your opinion. Always like reading your opinion.
Lavazza is really thick and slow to drip compared to Boncafe. Very nutty and oily and abit sour too with very little crema-its a new pack. Do you have the same experience?

It flows really slowly and I have attempted to grind coarser and temp softer but still very little crema. I think it will be the last time I'm buying these beans.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,338
Reaction score
15,774
How many grams of coffee are you using?

My experience with Lavazza was okay, i only tried once though.
If it's going very slow and still have bad crema, coffee must be very stale.
 

erwinseow

Member
Joined
May 9, 2000
Messages
113
Reaction score
0
Finally bought the BB005 and Mitica.

Bought the beans "Lavazza Qualita Oro Beans Coffee" it didn't give me the crema cf to Boncafe cheaper Vienne beans which were actually good and cheap. Is it because it's not ground fine enough?

Also thinking of getting this from Aliexpress

/Manual-Coffee-Grinder-Conical-Burr-Mill-for-Precision-Brewing-Brushed-Stainless-Steel/

which is cheap and functional. Planning to use this when on some days I prefer another bean and I don't have to empty my grinder or re calibrate it just to suit another bean type.

There are so many speciality cafes and coffee roasters around Singapore. You should be getting your beans from them instead of the supermarket.
 

gkhbgk

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
There are so many speciality cafes and coffee roasters around Singapore. You should be getting your beans from them instead of the supermarket.

yup I totally agree with you. got it because ran out of beans and was at night :( not getting from supermarket anymore. but the boncafe Viennese beans were really good and reasonable.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,338
Reaction score
15,774
7gm for single shot
7grams will have crema but not a crazy amount, if it's a light roast i think it's even thinner.

You don't really need to be too crazy about it though.
What matters to me is not being thick like honey, is being smooth and sweet in after taste like honey.

You may want to add a bit more if you want it thicker
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
Finally bought the BB005 and Mitica.

Bought the beans "Lavazza Qualita Oro Beans Coffee" it didn't give me the crema cf to Boncafe cheaper Vienne beans which were actually good and cheap. Is it because it's not ground fine enough?

Also thinking of getting this from Aliexpress

/Manual-Coffee-Grinder-Conical-Burr-Mill-for-Precision-Brewing-Brushed-Stainless-Steel/

which is cheap and functional. Planning to use this when on some days I prefer another bean and I don't have to empty my grinder or re calibrate it just to suit another bean type.

Looks likes a Porlex Clone. Barely decent for pourovers but really bad for making espressos. Stick to single dosing your normal grinder or save money and get a:

HG one (Direct deal with LWW)
Kinu Grinder (Coffee in a place might bring this in)
Comandante (Knockhouse has)
Lido 3 or E (Coffee in a place)
Feldgrind or hausgrind (Made by Knock but buyer beware. Great grinder but probably the worst customer service in the whole coffee grinder maker industry)

I just tried Mirian 1 espresso by Steampunk Coffee, brought in by Joe Curious. I think this is one of the sweetest espressos i've tried to far. The caramel flavours are very prominent. Maybe Joe Curious has some extra bags. I'm getting 1 more since I like this month's offering.
 

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
1
yup I totally agree with you. got it because ran out of beans and was at night :( not getting from supermarket anymore. but the boncafe Viennese beans were really good and reasonable.

Even Juta monsoon malabar taste funny. I normally get them from Grind Coffee and just want to try something off the shelves. Hahaha that will be be my first and last. :s13:
 

tyrtok

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
Maybe Amazon has it.
Don't look nice to use. Need to lift the grinder to clean the tray.

The best is still knockbox drawer and put your grinder on top. Very handy.
Easy to sweep and clean.

your tamping mat is on ur knockbox drawer as well?

anyone has lobang for green beans? bero's beans is nice but their 1kg quantity is oos.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,338
Reaction score
15,774
I'm using tamping stand not mat.

I've one mat i bought from amz but I notice that it's harder to balance and the coffee powder on the mat is harder to sweep away.

Drawer only has the grinder on top.
 

tyrtok

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
I'm using tamping stand not mat.

I've one mat i bought from amz but I notice that it's harder to balance and the coffee powder on the mat is harder to sweep away.

Drawer only has the grinder on top.

doesnt your stand have a sillicon mat as well?
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
your tamping mat is on ur knockbox drawer as well?

anyone has lobang for green beans? bero's beans is nice but their 1kg quantity is oos.

tiong hoe
tiny roaster
geisha specialty coffee
alma


or if you are interested in getting from overseas can try hasbean
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top