(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

hardwaregone

Banned
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
11,583
Reaction score
2,846
Damn sad, i also wanted to order Roma. :(

But don't know is it my skill increase or the latest batch of Margo taste really good.
The nuances of flavours are really wide, with good complexity.
Light acidity, with almost no bitterness.
The body remains thick and a pleasure to extract.
It's like an atomic bomb of flavours exploding from the mouth with no harsh effects.

I only drink as espresso, my friend who drinks kopi o says taste like concentrated kopi o with the flavour x 1000 without the bitterness, which he finds very acceptable. He usually dislikes espresso, now he is a changed man.

I tried reducing to use 15g double(7.5g per shot), and it was still very good. I was expecting more astringents to appear but everything was fine. The intensity only increases by only half points, still smooth.
I pull a little longer, 25ml, still good, still no increase in astringents or intensity like a good Pinot Noir.
Don't know what's the secret sauce they put into this.
I wonder if I use 7g is still good or not.

Taste close to a pure arabica medium roast blend, than most of real pure arabica medium roast blend.
I don't know what else to improve. :o

Going to feed my guests with these, cheap cheap, drink all they want.
Buying some vanilla ice creams to make affogato. :o
 

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2003
Messages
6,678
Reaction score
14
hello all,

didnt know there is a thread on espresso on hwz.
was searching for coffee beans on google and this thread came up.

on dual boiler and SGP.

still trying alot of different beans.
Paksong, jaxinn, tiong hoe, perk, and many other online ones.
any one to recommend nutty and choc taste type?
 

potato13

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
1,285
Reaction score
1,279
hello all,

didnt know there is a thread on espresso on hwz.
was searching for coffee beans on google and this thread came up.

on dual boiler and SGP.

still trying alot of different beans.
Paksong, jaxinn, tiong hoe, perk, and many other online ones.
any one to recommend nutty and choc taste type?
https://www.finecoffeecompany.com/coffee-beans-singapore/
Can try Arcaffe series..
So far i tried Roma and Mokacrema

I like Roma alot, but currently no stock.. :(
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,373
Reaction score
10,229
hello all,

didnt know there is a thread on espresso on hwz.
was searching for coffee beans on google and this thread came up.

on dual boiler and SGP.

still trying alot of different beans.
Paksong, jaxinn, tiong hoe, perk, and many other online ones.
any one to recommend nutty and choc taste type?

i tried bettr coffee versa blend, is got the typical nutty choc taste
 

potato13

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
1,285
Reaction score
1,279
@potato13 mokac back but in large quantity only.

I don’t have a grinder though, sad
I think most are waiting for Aracaffe roma. Not mokacrema.
i couldnt wait. just gotten some fresh aracaffe Meloria..
Not bad, but i dont like the bitter after taste.

Still waiting for their roma to be back in stock.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,008
Reaction score
1,723
I think most are waiting for Aracaffe roma. Not mokacrema.
i couldnt wait. just gotten some fresh aracaffe Meloria..
Not bad, but i dont like the bitter after taste.

Still waiting for their roma to be back in stock.
Am bad at reading their charts but which is closest to Kopi type of coffee?
 

potato13

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
1,285
Reaction score
1,279
Am bad at reading their charts but which is closest to Kopi type of coffee?
I think if you are looking more to Kopi tiam taste.. look out for the blend.. Kopi diam use robusta.
Arcaffe Margo has 50% Arabica and 50% Robusta.

Or you can try https://yongsengcoffee.com/collections/all-products
some of their signature blend.
They could also grind their beans for u on the spot at Their shop. Since u dont Own a grinder yet.
 

hardwaregone

Banned
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
11,583
Reaction score
2,846

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,008
Reaction score
1,723

hardwaregone

Banned
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
11,583
Reaction score
2,846
Thanks for sharing, think I’ll give it a miss since they do whole beans.
Go get any cheap or hand grinder.
Any grinder better than no grinder.

Coffee in powdered form miss out 99 percent of the good stuff from oxidation with the innards all exposed. :(
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,008
Reaction score
1,723
Go get any cheap or hand grinder.
Any grinder better than no grinder.

Coffee in powdered form miss out 99 percent of the good stuff from oxidation with the innards all exposed. :(
I can get from those stores that grind before shipping also as another option too though.
 

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
48,063
Reaction score
14,818
Mokacrema notch bad but still prefer Roma

aXvtMBz.jpg




Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top