(GPGT) RR Home Kitchen

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2013
Messages
10,299
Reaction score
1,594
Mai siao siao... use global...

Sent from gold coast using GAGT

I used it when I was working in the kitchen. Had a very good impression. That's why I bought the G2 during Gss 2 yrs ago. From time to time steel it can liao.

Actually this is my own knife. My mum uses those from ntuc, use points redeem one. I don't trust my mum and sister to handle my knife properly. If u anyhow use or drop it.. GG.
 

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
I used it when I was working in the kitchen. Had a very good impression. That's why I bought the G2 during Gss 2 yrs ago. From time to time steel it can liao.

Actually this is my own knife. My mum uses those from ntuc, use points redeem one. I don't trust my mum and sister to handle my knife properly. If u anyhow use or drop it.. GG.

oohhhhhh sexpert sia. Work in kitchen before too!
I'm the noob liaoz. My mum shares my knifes but she doesn't know how to handle it properly too. Buay tahan her.
 

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2013
Messages
10,299
Reaction score
1,594
Is Wüsthof good? See alot of home cooks using

I think for serious cooks.. Good to invest in a well made knife. I think the mid range knives are good enough. Not using just keep them inside a knife block.

I'm aiming a kasumi as my next one. But can't find the justification to get it.

31WNaTSXUuL._SX450_.jpg
 

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2013
Messages
10,299
Reaction score
1,594
oohhhhhh sexpert sia. Work in kitchen before too!
I'm the noob liaoz. My mum shares my knifes but she doesn't know how to handle it properly too. Buay tahan her.

That was during my poly days.. Part time. Working in the kitchen made me realize that it's better to keep it as a hobby rather than a career.

Knife safety very important. But many people bo chup. Things like putting a moist cloth under the chopping board to prevent slipping and using a knife guard when keeping knifes insai drawer would make things safer.
 

silviachef

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
9,339
Reaction score
0
Here are some of my humble tools of my trade.

T8rj8t2l.jpg

Tool box
2bcbuN9l.jpg

Exposing the interior
YhAEy45l.jpg

Rubbermaid and matfer spatulas
Y2vR6b0l.jpg

Palette knives matfer brushes. Lemon squeeze. Dough divider. Pizza wheel.
Bbv2Gzyl.jpg

Knives. Mainly victorinox, bread knife is wustofh lcb series, can't find liao. Diamond sharpener.

I got heaps of other stuffs like scrappers, cookies cutters , piping nozzles, ic scopes, graters , mandolin and heaps of random stuffs. Some are being shipped back to sg.

Sent from gold coast using GAGT
 

silviachef

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
9,339
Reaction score
0
I'm using Zwilling, don't bear to buy too expensive stuff.
Wanted to get a Japanese knife from Tokyo but so exp!!!
Long time ago I got good knives. Global gf 32. Full forge.

My prc hsemate use it to stab her bui bui bf cos he was cheating. She failed an my global became 一刀两断 truly.

Buy good knife in Tokyo is still cheaper than in sg or aust.

The one I aiming here is almost 1k. But I get discount, tax offset and get rebate. So abt 860 mark. Still thinking if i should. But looks so chio , really like mafia kind...

Sent from gold coast using GAGT
 

silviachef

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
9,339
Reaction score
0
I used it when I was working in the kitchen. Had a very good impression. That's why I bought the G2 during Gss 2 yrs ago. From time to time steel it can liao.

Actually this is my own knife. My mum uses those from ntuc, use points redeem one. I don't trust my mum and sister to handle my knife properly. If u anyhow use or drop it.. GG.
Try ful gf series. Full forge. I love the feel but sad to say, I have progress beyond global liao.

Sent from gold coast using GAGT
 

silviachef

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
9,339
Reaction score
0
I think for serious cooks.. Good to invest in a well made knife. I think the mid range knives are good enough. Not using just keep them inside a knife block.

I'm aiming a kasumi as my next one. But can't find the justification to get it.

31WNaTSXUuL._SX450_.jpg
I don't like the knife block. It breds bacteria if u don't dry the knives.

No recommend katsumi. Try to go bespoke if u can. Try this site and see see look look.

Chefarmory.com.au

I prefer to wipe dry and stick on magnetic strip.

Sent from gold coast using GAGT
 

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Long time ago I got good knives. Global gf 32. Full forge.

My prc hsemate use it to stab her bui bui bf cos he was cheating. She failed an my global became 一刀两断 truly.

STAB?? Serious sia.... Use such atas knife somemore. I heart pain for global.


Buy good knife in Tokyo is still cheaper than in sg or aust.

The one I aiming here is almost 1k. But I get discount, tax offset and get rebate. So abt 860 mark. Still thinking if i should. But looks so chio , really like mafia kind...

Sent from gold coast using GAGT

Pic pic pic!! mafia pic show show.

I think I wouldn't get good knife or I will be quite protective. My hb washes knifes in the dishwasher. I almost wanted to faint.
 

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Here are some of my humble tools of my trade.

T8rj8t2l.jpg

Tool box
2bcbuN9l.jpg

Exposing the interior
YhAEy45l.jpg

Rubbermaid and matfer spatulas
Y2vR6b0l.jpg

Palette knives matfer brushes. Lemon squeeze. Dough divider. Pizza wheel.
Bbv2Gzyl.jpg

Knives. Mainly victorinox, bread knife is wustofh lcb series, can't find liao. Diamond sharpener.

I got heaps of other stuffs like scrappers, cookies cutters , piping nozzles, ic scopes, graters , mandolin and heaps of random stuffs. Some are being shipped back to sg.

Sent from gold coast using GAGT

Jelly jelly jelly!!!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top