RoyalRookie
Master Member
- Joined
- Jul 26, 2015
- Messages
- 3,384
- Reaction score
- 0
Is Wüsthof good? See alot of home cooks using
Me dunno leh. Must ask silviachef.
Is Wüsthof good? See alot of home cooks using
No investors leh. You wanna be angel?
I used it when I was working in the kitchen. Had a very good impression. That's why I bought the G2 during Gss 2 yrs ago. From time to time steel it can liao.
Actually this is my own knife. My mum uses those from ntuc, use points redeem one. I don't trust my mum and sister to handle my knife properly. If u anyhow use or drop it.. GG.
Is Wüsthof good? See alot of home cooks using
I think for serious cooks.. Good to invest in a well made knife. I think the mid range knives are good enough. Not using just keep them inside a knife block.
I'm aiming a kasumi as my next one. But can't find the justification to get it.
![]()
oohhhhhh sexpert sia. Work in kitchen before too!
I'm the noob liaoz. My mum shares my knifes but she doesn't know how to handle it properly too. Buay tahan her.
Can share estimated costs?
Just went amazon to beo. 8" blade US$189.
Long time ago I got good knives. Global gf 32. Full forge.I'm using Zwilling, don't bear to buy too expensive stuff.
Wanted to get a Japanese knife from Tokyo but so exp!!!
Try ful gf series. Full forge. I love the feel but sad to say, I have progress beyond global liao.I used it when I was working in the kitchen. Had a very good impression. That's why I bought the G2 during Gss 2 yrs ago. From time to time steel it can liao.
Actually this is my own knife. My mum uses those from ntuc, use points redeem one. I don't trust my mum and sister to handle my knife properly. If u anyhow use or drop it.. GG.
I don't like the knife block. It breds bacteria if u don't dry the knives.I think for serious cooks.. Good to invest in a well made knife. I think the mid range knives are good enough. Not using just keep them inside a knife block.
I'm aiming a kasumi as my next one. But can't find the justification to get it.
![]()
If u like wüsthof, get lcb or ikon series. I prefer kives which does not have a shank at the end of blade. Can utilize the blade fully. I go find pic to explain.Is Wüsthof good? See alot of home cooks using
Long time ago I got good knives. Global gf 32. Full forge.
My prc hsemate use it to stab her bui bui bf cos he was cheating. She failed an my global became 一刀两断 truly.
Buy good knife in Tokyo is still cheaper than in sg or aust.
The one I aiming here is almost 1k. But I get discount, tax offset and get rebate. So abt 860 mark. Still thinking if i should. But looks so chio , really like mafia kind...
Sent from gold coast using GAGT
I don't like the knife block. It breds bacteria if u don't dry the knives.
No recommend katsumi. Try to go bespoke if u can. Try this site and see see look look.
Chefarmory.com.au
I prefer to wipe dry and stick on magnetic strip.
Sent from gold coast using GAGT
Here are some of my humble tools of my trade.
![]()
Tool box
![]()
Exposing the interior
![]()
Rubbermaid and matfer spatulas
![]()
Palette knives matfer brushes. Lemon squeeze. Dough divider. Pizza wheel.
![]()
Knives. Mainly victorinox, bread knife is wustofh lcb series, can't find liao. Diamond sharpener.
I got heaps of other stuffs like scrappers, cookies cutters , piping nozzles, ic scopes, graters , mandolin and heaps of random stuffs. Some are being shipped back to sg.
Sent from gold coast using GAGT