(GPGT) RR Home Kitchen

Iandao

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2000
Messages
99,689
Reaction score
4,823
Haven go 算命, Mum says I last trimester can shake leg. So this kid is super good life loh.

Last trimester I'll probably cook more and pcw more here LOL

ooohh :s12:

planning for natural or c-sect?
 

Iandao

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2000
Messages
99,689
Reaction score
4,823
Dinner for tonight :

Roselle Tea
Prawn Fritter
Steamed Black Pomfret
Sesame oil Chicken Thigh with bentong ginger
Sambal Petai
Chye sim

I tried roasting the chicken..the breast meat tastes like cardboard lol..

all ho liao sia...
 

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Dinner for tonight :

Roselle Tea
Prawn Fritter
Steamed Black Pomfret
Sesame oil Chicken Thigh with bentong ginger
Sambal Petai
Chye sim

I tried roasting the chicken..the breast meat tastes like cardboard lol..

Elaborated dinner sia. Tonight I feel like going KBox buffet LOL.
What's your chicken receipe. Share here and we see how to improve.
 

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
16,389
Reaction score
7
Elaborated dinner sia. Tonight I feel like going KBox buffet LOL.
What's your chicken receipe. Share here and we see how to improve.

I added old bay powder,onion powder & black pepper powder. Rostisserie mode 160 degree.
 

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
16,389
Reaction score
7
So its either Sia Huat or Lau Choy Seng :s13:




Wah...never come into this food thread....

initially the title like...RENOV thread I assume..:s13:

Somewhere in outram park..I have e website need to search.
 

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
16,389
Reaction score
7
Brine your chicken before roasting might help sia. 160C seems like on the lower side.

I am using a new oven with this feature, the old oven did not have this issue because breast facing down soaked in all e juices.

I like rostisserie because it cook evenly.
 

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2015
Messages
7,220
Reaction score
13
I am using a new oven with this feature, the old oven did not have this issue because breast facing down soaked in all e juices.

I like rostisserie because it cook evenly.
I do 220 for first 15 minutes and 185 for 45 to 60 minutes depending on size of bird. Fan mode. Just liberal amount of salt and pepper. And a bit of fresh thyme if available. Nothing fancy. I find Sakura chicken breast is more tender.

Also important to rest for 15 minutes before cutting up the bird after roasting to retain the juices.

For rotisserie you have to ensure that the chicken is secured to the skewer so that it does not flip prematurely during each rotation due to gravity.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
16,389
Reaction score
7
So its either Sia Huat or Lau Choy Seng :s13:




Wah...never come into this food thread....

initially the title like...RENOV thread I assume..:s13:

Found it...wah knife porn siol....

just goggle for razorsharp
 

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
16,389
Reaction score
7
all ho liao sia...


Roselle Tea- Tastes exactly like ribena, especially if u drink it with ice. Tonic food.


Prawn Fritter- Trying it to get the right texture for a long time liao, The amount of water and baking powder will greatly affect the outcome,I want it to puff up like a balloon but I do not want it to taste floury in it.So I add cornflour & rice flour to maintain it crispness.



Steamed Black Pomfret- Too big the meat tastes tough, uncle recommend to steam it but I just don't like the texture.From malaysia kelong.... maybe i should have steam it on the day i purchase it.


Sesame oil Chicken Thigh with bentong ginger- Another dish that I have being trying to perfect it, the problem is the end product is not as fragrance as I expected. I tried to marinate it with sesame oil & ginger for a few hours. Will see how it tastes tonight.

Sambal Petai- Petai another tonic food, the one I bought is from thailand flat & big(Petai Papan), the malaysia one is smaller n rounder. I like to keep it in the fridge for a few days,until it smells really strong and somehow it tastes less bitter.
 

Iandao

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2000
Messages
99,689
Reaction score
4,823
Roselle Tea- Tastes exactly like ribena, especially if u drink it with ice. Tonic food.


Prawn Fritter- Trying it to get the right texture for a long time liao, The amount of water and baking powder will greatly affect the outcome,I want it to puff up like a balloon but I do not want it to taste floury in it.So I add cornflour & rice flour to maintain it crispness.



Steamed Black Pomfret- Too big the meat tastes tough, uncle recommend to steam it but I just don't like the texture.From malaysia kelong.... maybe i should have steam it on the day i purchase it.


Sesame oil Chicken Thigh with bentong ginger- Another dish that I have being trying to perfect it, the problem is the end product is not as fragrance as I expected. I tried to marinate it with sesame oil & ginger for a few hours. Will see how it tastes tonight.

Sambal Petai- Petai another tonic food, the one I bought is from thailand flat & big(Petai Papan), the malaysia one is smaller n rounder. I like to keep it in the fridge for a few days,until it smells really strong and somehow it tastes less bitter.

hmm i tot normally pple pan fry black pomfret..add sambal :lick:

petai with minced pork/prawns will be naise~

bo soup ah?
 

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Grilled pork loin with chilled soba

Z5zPiaA.jpg


Pan fried salmon
6VBvnhR.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top