Sofero
High Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jul 13, 2010
- Messages
- 45,898
- Reaction score
- 163
Zehzeh can sic how to crisp the skin?! I tried to bake salmon the skin always nua nua one jin wasted.That crispy skin is da bomb!!!
Sent from HTC One M9 using GAGT

Zehzeh can sic how to crisp the skin?! I tried to bake salmon the skin always nua nua one jin wasted.That crispy skin is da bomb!!!
Zehzeh can sic how to crisp the skin?! I tried to bake salmon the skin always nua nua one jin wasted.
Sent from HTC One M9 using GAGT
Zehzeh can sic how to crisp the skin?! I tried to bake salmon the skin always nua nua one jin wasted.
Sent from HTC One M9 using GAGT
Your method really Wot, read halfway loss liao.Actually hor, I also not good in making the skin crispy using pan frying. So what I did is to remove the skin and oven bake it.
Skin the salmon (or ask the fish monger to skin it for you).
Place the skin on a large cutting board (scale side down).
With a teaspoon, scrape off the remaining flesh. There should be almost no flesh remaining and the skin should feel very thin (with no fleshy bits). (I think this part is quite impt)
Drizzle ½ tablespoon of the sesame oil (or normal sunflower oil) in the bottom of the baking dish (I use plastic gloves to rub it all over the dish).
Cut the skin in half and place each half in the baking dish. The skin has to lie completely flat and it should be scale side down. Use two baking dishes if you need to.
Sprinkle salt or desired seasoning.
Place aluminium foil on top of the baking dish (don't tuck it in, just allow it to sit on top). (I find this step optional)
Bake at 200 degrees Celsius/400 Fahrenheit/Gas Mark 6, for 25-30 minutes.
After 30 minutes check that the skin is baked. It should feel crisp and not soft. If the skin is still soft or oily/wet, bake for a further 5-10 minutes. Be careful to check several times during these 5-10 minutes as the skin will be ruined if it burns.
Once the skin is crisp and dry, turn off the oven and allow the skin to cool completely.
When ready, you should be able to hold the skin vertically without it falling over to the side.
marry rich man got good life
If you get $1000 for each time this is mentioned, you'll be a millionaire by the time thread reaches Part 2
Actually hor, I also not good in making the skin crispy using pan frying. So what I did is to remove the skin and oven bake it.
Skin the salmon (or ask the fish monger to skin it for you).
Place the skin on a large cutting board (scale side down).
With a teaspoon, scrape off the remaining flesh. There should be almost no flesh remaining and the skin should feel very thin (with no fleshy bits). (I think this part is quite impt)
Drizzle ½ tablespoon of the sesame oil (or normal sunflower oil) in the bottom of the baking dish (I use plastic gloves to rub it all over the dish).
Cut the skin in half and place each half in the baking dish. The skin has to lie completely flat and it should be scale side down. Use two baking dishes if you need to.
Sprinkle salt or desired seasoning.
Place aluminium foil on top of the baking dish (don't tuck it in, just allow it to sit on top). (I find this step optional)
Bake at 200 degrees Celsius/400 Fahrenheit/Gas Mark 6, for 25-30 minutes.
After 30 minutes check that the skin is baked. It should feel crisp and not soft. If the skin is still soft or oily/wet, bake for a further 5-10 minutes. Be careful to check several times during these 5-10 minutes as the skin will be ruined if it burns.
Once the skin is crisp and dry, turn off the oven and allow the skin to cool completely.
When ready, you should be able to hold the skin vertically without it falling over to the side.
Thanks for sic!Your method really Wot, read halfway loss liao.
Hers my commercial way.
Take salmon out and rinse. Use paper towel and tap dry. Let it sit for a while.
Sprinkle some sea salt on the skin. This gives flavours and draw out moisture. U can earn coat with some corn flour too.
Have your pan sizzling hot. Then skin side down.
Sent from gold coast using GAGT
Thanks for sic!
I was hoping for crispy salmon skin with meat on, whole thing bake in oven. ate once before unfortunately no chance to ask for recipe.
Sent from Asus K015 using GAGT