GPU for 27" 2560x1440 resolution

kingsen

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,410
Reaction score
31
Oh haha same here, did you ordered it after I posted about it? Lol

24/6 for me too, but didn't mention or before, I only fear is after lol

Yup I email her 1 day after you post. Haha and got the $710 deal.
 

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
235
Yup I email her 1 day after you post. Haha and got the $710 deal.

Haha nice! Maybe I should ask for more discounts from her lol! Apparently quite few people got it from her, I did asked her about this :)

Anyway, anybody know how much is a displayport male to male cable? The Dell will come with one but it's male to mini... Can't use with gpu
 

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,694
Reaction score
109
I'm using a GTX570 for my 27" Dell monitor on max resolution; play D3 and GW2.

The GTX570 works fine since I don't game with high graphical ones.
 

kingsen

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,410
Reaction score
31
What is the most bang for bucks and a decent upgrade from my HD7850 2GB now ?

Able to play smoothly with high settings in 2560x1440 resolution ?

Games like dota 2 , neverwinter , dragon prophet , GW2 and upcoming mmos .

Honestly not into crysis 3 lol. Will be getting PS4 when it launch for console gaming.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Don't recommend brands other than ASUS MSI GIGABYTE EVGA, don't get tricked by the cheaper cost, it's because of 1 lesser warranty, you get cheaper than other mainstream brands

Palit?? I rather choose palit over gigabyte or eVGA to be honest. Palit is one of the big maker out there.
 

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
235
Palit?? I rather choose palit over gigabyte or eVGA to be honest. Palit is one of the big maker out there.

Yeah I know, they are one of the pioneers but since ts going to keep his cards for 2-3years, getting Palit with only 2 years warranty will annoy things like resale etc.

But anyway, if he's getting reference card, any brand also same lol. Custom coolers go ASUS MSI for my first choice, Gigabyte changed their non ref coolers this year so it's better compared to previous Windforce. EVGA is famous in the west, maybe because of their better warranty issues
 

kingsen

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,410
Reaction score
31
Gigabyte windforce 3X seems decent mah. The 780 windforce 3x can reach Titan performance. Lol
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Anyway, you also no hurry to get the card. Monitor here liao then say. :s13:
 

I Not Stupid Idiot

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
1,019
read that my old GTS250 is compatible. If not gaming and using for basic web surfing, video playback, office work...would it suffice?

would my graphics card die faster from the load?
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
read that my old GTS250 is compatible. If not gaming and using for basic web surfing, video playback, office work...would it suffice?

would my graphics card die faster from the load?

More than enough.

Will your card die faster? No.
 

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
235
Yeah but last time Windforce got problem, thus year they changed.

Not interested in 770, I want my 780 zzz
 

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
235
How come Dell delivery so slow one...? Always work in progress? Don't tell me they actually build it only after you make the order? And the status check is useless lol
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top