Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

gentoro

Master Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
4,475
Reaction score
9
photobucket-7189-1338101831768.jpg


Bro, whats r these hard point for? interchangable weapons and accessories with diffferent robots?
 

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
14,257
Reaction score
1,422
anywhere can i get "made in china" decals?

as in decals that say "made in china" ? i want to stick on the gundam :s13:

Did you buy this? :D

gundam-statue-in-china.jpg


And tanyieern, thanks for the GSS info, and if you can go to the HAW, it's much more fun cause it's more spacious and the atmosphere more relaxing hehe. :D
 
Last edited:

tanyieern

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
479
Reaction score
0
And tanyieern, thanks for the GSS info, and if you can go to the HAW, it's much more fun cause it's more spacious and the atmosphere more relaxing hehe. :D

o.0? i guess HAW is a bigger shop than HAG but what do u mean by more relaxing? Im confuzzled:s22:.

Is there are diff from HAW and HAG? i notice HAW tends to get restocked a day earlier and all the group builds are held there, but any major diff like more variety of kits?

On a side note, I'm going to spray paint my gundam model for the first time. removed all parts from the runners and sanded it down alr. i bought some random paint off the shelf( not tomiya or even for plastic) and after i bought it, realized that Tomiya spray paint could be found at M workshop. What course of action shld i take? throw away 20 bucks worth of paint and spend another 30 on tomiya? or just use the paint i bought? I bought DPI Anchor Spray Paint.

Thanks in Advance
 

aucheukyan

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
325
o.0? i guess HAW is a bigger shop than HAG but what do u mean by more relaxing? Im confuzzled:s22:.

Is there are diff from HAW and HAG? i notice HAW tends to get restocked a day earlier and all the group builds are held there, but any major diff like more variety of kits?

On a side note, I'm going to spray paint my gundam model for the first time. removed all parts from the runners and sanded it down alr. i bought some random paint off the shelf( not tomiya or even for plastic) and after i bought it, realized that Tomiya spray paint could be found at M workshop. What course of action shld i take? throw away 20 bucks worth of paint and spend another 30 on tomiya? or just use the paint i bought? I bought DPI Anchor Spray Paint.

Thanks in Advance

I think that MWS and HAW has better atmosphere personally, HAG is so small and is quite uncomfortable when 3 people or more are in it already, and the noise from the eateries around makes it unbearable. If i wanna consult some questions, i will go HAW or MWS to ask.
 

tanyieern

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
479
Reaction score
0
I think that MWS and HAW has better atmosphere personally, HAG is so small and is quite uncomfortable when 3 people or more are in it already, and the noise from the eateries around makes it unbearable. If i wanna consult some questions, i will go HAW or MWS to ask.

hmmm, i suppose HAG must be a very small outlet. Well, im pretty sure HAG is cheaper than MWS. Especially with the current promotion. Anyway, they are close to each other. just drop by on both.
 

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
14,257
Reaction score
1,422
I personally find the Anchor paint gives a really thick coat and I don't like thick coats because it'll pool at the edges. The longer drying/cure time also makes masking a nightmare for me since it might look and feel dry but peels even when I use Tamiya masking tape.

But you can try spraying on waste sprues to see how you like it. I cut off the big sprue part usually the "HGUC Sprue A" etc plate. But if I can, I don't mind spending more for Tamiya/Mr Hobby/Gundam Color spraycans.

And with regards to HAW, it must be the carpets and spacious aisle that makes me relaxed lol. Plus usually there's people just sitting on the sofa, or chatting. I'm surprised I haven't bought an FSS kit despite being awed by their KOG.
 
Last edited:

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
22,931
Reaction score
1,326
more age-1 custom coming?

y i got a feeling frit will die towards the end in age-1:(
 

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
22,931
Reaction score
1,326
probably by those Vegan Gundams........ one of them looks like the girarga or something like that

nah. not a tragic one. my guess the 3 generation will end the war together. but frit will die in age-1 in peace and then yuri come and "fetch" him.

more of a soldier tired of war and can rest liao
 
Last edited:

tanyieern

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
479
Reaction score
0
I personally find the Anchor paint gives a really thick coat and I don't like thick coats because it'll pool at the edges. The longer drying/cure time also makes masking a nightmare for me since it might look and feel dry but peels even when I use Tamiya masking tape.

But you can try spraying on waste sprues to see how you like it. I cut off the big sprue part usually the "HGUC Sprue A" etc plate. But if I can, I don't mind spending more for Tamiya/Mr Hobby/Gundam Color spraycans.

And with regards to HAW, it must be the carpets and spacious aisle that makes me relaxed lol. Plus usually there's people just sitting on the sofa, or chatting. I'm surprised I haven't bought an FSS kit despite being awed by their KOG.

I'll just use the anchor paint. Future paint i will buy Tamiya.

Another thing, Do you recommend priming? From my research, priming helps to create a base colour and helps the top layer stick onto the parts easier. However, according to your experience, 2 coats of paint sounds really thick and im worried about lost detail...

And i threw away all waste sprues. They were messing up my table. So all i have a lot of cardboard to test. Fail.

HAW sounds like a office now that u mention carpets. Hobby Art-Work. Interesting name. Wonder what work refers to...
 
Last edited:

tanyieern

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
479
Reaction score
0
DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

First coat of paint...
Looks like screwed up.
Really should have primed with white paint...

Update: not too bad lah. No evidence of pooling YET. colours are uneven though. need to increase spray distance and change direction of spraying.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top