Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,778
Reaction score
2,400
Just got this from tabao. Pity its not from Bandai.

Box is huge!
To8kS0R.jpg


And parts many!
t6o8GNf.jpg


Come with LED too!
Vr6YSz9.jpg


Maybe when I go jobless I will spend time on this. :s13::s13:
 

fury89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
16,181
Reaction score
15
Thanks guys for all ur advice
Any good third party model u guys recommend to try out ?
 

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,344
Reaction score
0
Hi all

Wanted to try building a pg gundam ... Can any expert advice if it is much harder than mg ?
And which one of the pg is better for beginner ?


Btw where do most of u guys get ur kit online or store ? :s11:
Advice is appreciated

PG for some parts, its basically the bigger version of the MG, except with more parts and more details. For snap fit, it should not pose any serious challenges. Just have to pay a little attention to the manual for certain gimmicks.

I have completed 2 PGs in the from of Zeta and 00 Raiser. Currently working on Unicorn at the moment.

10620652_10152318664850172_6471448489351402026_n.jpg


10985381_10152852727400172_4614885543061891539_n.jpg


11182307_10152843694035172_5501977027238487377_n.jpg
 

fury89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
16,181
Reaction score
15
PG for some parts, its basically the bigger version of the MG, except with more parts and more details. For snap fit, it should not pose any serious challenges. Just have to pay a little attention to the manual for certain gimmicks.

I have completed 2 PGs in the from of Zeta and 00 Raiser. Currently working on Unicorn at the moment.

10620652_10152318664850172_6471448489351402026_n.jpg


10985381_10152852727400172_4614885543061891539_n.jpg


11182307_10152843694035172_5501977027238487377_n.jpg

Looks nice ... I like the unicorn
Been looking for good deals on carosell but no luck
Must have cost a bomb to get FA and led light unit
Abt $600 I guess ?
 

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,344
Reaction score
0
Looks nice ... I like the unicorn
Been looking for good deals on carosell but no luck
Must have cost a bomb to get FA and led light unit
Abt $600 I guess ?

Probably 400 - 450 in total for these 3, I don't buy local stocks as I have my means to get them from Japan. Saves a load of money compared to buying from shops here.

The Unicorn itself was bought when I was away in Tokyo for vacation. The price of the Unicorn here in SG, you can probably buy 2 in Tokyo.
 

fury89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
16,181
Reaction score
15
Probably 400 - 450 in total for these 3, I don't buy local stocks as I have my means to get them from Japan. Saves a load of money compared to buying from shops here.

The Unicorn itself was bought when I was away in Tokyo for vacation. The price of the Unicorn here in SG, you can probably buy 2 in Tokyo.

Yes retail prize here is chop carrot tat y I looking to see got good deals from carosell
Seems like an expensive hobby
 

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
20,195
Reaction score
3,966
Probably 400 - 450 in total for these 3, I don't buy local stocks as I have my means to get them from Japan. Saves a load of money compared to buying from shops here.

The Unicorn itself was bought when I was away in Tokyo for vacation. The price of the Unicorn here in SG, you can probably buy 2 in Tokyo.

damn shipping fees....

now waiting for 3d printers to pirate plamo lol
 

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,344
Reaction score
0
damn shipping fees....

now waiting for 3d printers to pirate plamo lol

Even with shipping, it will cheaper.

It is more like a certain distro here can't be bothered to peg the prices properly against the current Yen rate.

/tinfoilhatdonned
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
Even with shipping, it will cheaper.

It is more like a certain distro here can't be bothered to peg the prices properly against the current Yen rate.

/tinfoilhatdonned


yah lor. few years back the exchange rate was almost $17 for 1000yen, now is only $11.2. yet the kits here no change in the pricing here
 

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,344
Reaction score
0
DSC_0130.JPG


For those who intend to build PG Unicorn with the LED, I will strongly advise build it when you have the LED kit.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top