Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

jazy1992

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
2,110
Reaction score
0
Haha was hoping got limited edition of exia or double o or other gundam :(

Ask u guys something
Is one can of spray enough to spray for 1 mg inner frame ? :s11:

one can should suffice but u must control how much u press.
 

iron2000

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
1,917
Reaction score
9
wah... they open at 10am, 10.13 sold out?!
tt mean probably ppl queue before opening hours to get queue number to buy

I was there this morning at 9:30am by then already sold out.
I think people already there like 7-8am?

Don't tell me some queue overnight or something.
You really need to put in some effort to get this kit at the fair.
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
129,954
Reaction score
7,233
still can get the 2 event special RG. still got lots of stock

but yah, they shldnt release all the stock for SG50 gundam in 1 weekend. or they shld have something different every week. for example, this week release HGUC version, next week SD version or some other limited stuff

the 2 event special RGs worth to get?:(
 

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2002
Messages
12,943
Reaction score
0
saw many ppl hoot PG and MG at the fair... machiam free :s22:
shengtai/taka laughing all the way to the bank :s13:

yah. i was looking at the pricing from amazon jp. huge difference sia. eg Unicorn PG.

¥17,180 after convert , about $190+++ even u add shipping.. still cheaper
 

iron2000

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
1,917
Reaction score
9
the 2 event special RGs worth to get?:(

I think its same as the retail version only different box art and an additional card with space picture and event logo for use with the picture frame type Gundam Display Base.

Not sure the instructions got different printing or not.

To me its not worth unless you die-hard collector.
 
Last edited:

tpmmark

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2010
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
24
I think its same as the retail version only different box art and an additional card with space picture and event logo for use with the picture frame type Gundam Display Base.

Not sure the instructions got different printing or not.

To me its not worth unless you die-hard collector.
Any idea what is the price diff? I only rem the special ver is ard $54.95.
 

fury89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
16,181
Reaction score
15
one can should suffice but u must control how much u press.

Then need get 2 liao
Never spray b4 think will anyhow spray till no more :s13:

yah. i was looking at the pricing from amazon jp. huge difference sia. eg Unicorn PG.

¥17,180 after convert , about $190+++ even u add shipping.. still cheaper

This is seriously chop carrot to the max :s22:
 

iron2000

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
1,917
Reaction score
9
Any idea what is the price diff? I only rem the special ver is ard $54.95.
No idea about the price now.

But during the launch preorder by HAG five years ago I got the retail version for $37.10.
(And its still unbuilt in my cupboard :p)
 
Last edited:

freakybird

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. But how do you guys know what to collect? So far the only kits that I end up buying are those that happen to be on offer at the time when I am browsing. But sometimes the kit doesnt necessarily look interesting, and I am not sure if it is worth getting it just because the price is good.
 

iron2000

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
1,917
Reaction score
9
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. But how do you guys know what to collect? So far the only kits that I end up buying are those that happen to be on offer at the time when I am browsing. But sometimes the kit doesnt necessarily look interesting, and I am not sure if it is worth getting it just because the price is good.

For me I buy what I like.
I don't have the motive of selling it in the future so I don't care about worth and value.
 

jazy1992

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
2,110
Reaction score
0
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. But how do you guys know what to collect? So far the only kits that I end up buying are those that happen to be on offer at the time when I am browsing. But sometimes the kit doesnt necessarily look interesting, and I am not sure if it is worth getting it just because the price is good.

do abit of research to avoid impulse buys lor. and theres nth good about the prices here tbh, even batam selling gunpla cheaper than here.:s22::s22:
 

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
22,931
Reaction score
1,326
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. But how do you guys know what to collect? So far the only kits that I end up buying are those that happen to be on offer at the time when I am browsing. But sometimes the kit doesnt necessarily look interesting, and I am not sure if it is worth getting it just because the price is good.


I buy those kits that I like. I don't go for discount because you will not profit even if u resale gundam kit. you might even lose money.
Even if it is still new, the kit is still not fix its still hard to sell for the same price you bought. As long as its not buy from shop, Sinkies usually will ask for bargain.
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
I have a question.

I was spraying my kit with the Mr Hobby top coat (gloss) yesterday. Its a new can. I tried spraying my kit from a distance of 15~20cm away, the effect is not really obvious, more like no spray. Am I doing it right? Or should i spray nearer?
 

jazy1992

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
2,110
Reaction score
0
I have a question.

I was spraying my kit with the Mr Hobby top coat (gloss) yesterday. Its a new can. I tried spraying my kit from a distance of 15~20cm away, the effect is not really obvious, more like no spray. Am I doing it right? Or should i spray nearer?

the glossy effect is virtually impossible to achieve via spray can due to the inconsistent pressure applied on the nozzle. you will have to spray the gloss coat using an airbrush for more consistent result as well as apply some polishing compound.
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
the glossy effect is virtually impossible to achieve via spray can due to the inconsistent pressure applied on the nozzle. you will have to spray the gloss coat using an airbrush for more consistent result as well as apply some polishing compound.

:eek::eek: i no airbrush and don't plan to get one yet. So those top coat gloss type is bluff ppl one? OMG. :(:(
 

Bryson

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
0
:eek::eek: i no airbrush and don't plan to get one yet. So those top coat gloss type is bluff ppl one? OMG. :(:(
Not bluff but you can spray a few coats to achieve gloss. Definitely need to apply some effort to bring the gloss out. Also always have a extra gloss coat spray can with you in case you run out. Always be safe than sorry.

Spray mist coats, let it dry and then wet coats. Don't over spray the wet coats, spray wet enough that when the paint is still wet, it's like glossy and watery look.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
Not bluff but you can spray a few coats to achieve gloss. Definitely need to apply some effort to bring the gloss out. Also always have a extra gloss coat spray can with you in case you run out. Always be safe than sorry.

Spray mist coats, let it dry and then wet coats. Don't over spray the wet coats, spray wet enough that when the paint is still wet, it's like glossy and watery look.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Mist coat and wet coat are different?
The Mr Hobby top coat is consider which type?
 

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,344
Reaction score
0
I have a question.

I was spraying my kit with the Mr Hobby top coat (gloss) yesterday. Its a new can. I tried spraying my kit from a distance of 15~20cm away, the effect is not really obvious, more like no spray. Am I doing it right? Or should i spray nearer?

Spray at a maximum distance of 15 cm away. It is a gloss coat, you will need to spray it close to obtain the bling.

10801683_10152636404370172_5455018462126697767_n.jpg


And, if you really want to obtain a top top bling effect. Spray a layer once a day till you get the desired effect.

My friend did this to one of his kit. Pity back then no smartphones, didn;t get to take photos of it before he returned to Taiwan.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top