Hello from DBS Bank!

aoptionwriter

Member
Joined
May 30, 2015
Messages
450
Reaction score
0
Sometime I am wondering the plastic manufacturing cost is free.

I think people are under investing on the security and quality of the card itself and make it just.. a plastic.

no need to change... just apply for a new card and cancel the old one?
 

viktOzzz

Master Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
0
Hi DBS,

Could I check for payment of SP Power bills (recurring bill payment), is it eligible for all DBS credit cards?

Thank you.
 

kokitty

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
2,053
Reaction score
0
Hi DBS,

Could I check for payment of SP Power bills (recurring bill payment), is it eligible for all DBS credit cards?

Thank you.

Edited : wrong info... been informed that for DBS only POSB everyday card.
 
Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
If you are simply asking if SP bills can be arranged for recurring bill payments. Any bank, any credit card in Singapore would love for you to make that arrangement with their credit card. If your question pertains to rebates & miles accumulation for each credit card, then it is a different story to itself... each credit card's rebates/ miles earning rate is different.
I thought recurring payment to SP can be done with POSB everyday card only.
 

kokitty

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
2,053
Reaction score
0
I thought recurring payment to SP can be done with POSB everyday card only.

that's odd, i managed to get it recurring on my UOB One but only had it auto deduct once since prefer to pay over counter. Recurring just for back up. I recall while the CSO was filling up the form for me at the branch, was asked to select which card i wanted this arrangement for so was under the impression for UOB, all cards okay. Assumed that it's the same with DBS, apologies for mis-info. Please ignore my earlier msg.
 
Last edited:

viktOzzz

Master Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
0
I thought recurring payment to SP can be done with POSB everyday card only.

that's odd, i managed to get it recurring on my UOB One but only had it auto deduct once since prefer to pay over counter. Recurring just for back up. I recall while the CSO was filling up the form for me at the branch, was asked to select which card i wanted this arrangement for so was under the impression for UOB, all cards okay. Assumed that it's the same with DBS, apologies for mis-info. Please ignore my earlier msg.

Thanks Trazora & kokitty. Cos I remember I read somewhere before that recurring payment to SP can be done thru DBS credit cards but not sure which one...

So for now, the only credit card for recurring payment to SP is only with POSB everyday card?
 

yknyong1

Master Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
0
Sometime I am wondering the plastic manufacturing cost is free.

I think people are under investing on the security and quality of the card itself and make it just.. a plastic.
The security is the chip and the magnetic strip. The plastic has nothing to do with that
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Thanks Trazora & kokitty. Cos I remember I read somewhere before that recurring payment to SP can be done thru DBS credit cards but not sure which one...

So for now, the only credit card for recurring payment to SP is only with POSB everyday card?

Posb everyday or DBS cards also can http://www.singaporepower.com.sg/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/guid/3004738a-586a-2e10-6cbb-912151a9e79b?spstab=Our%20Services
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Thanks, Trazora. That means the DBS Capitacard should be eligible right? I just have to fill up the recurring form for DBS credit card.

I guess so, why you want to use DBS capitacard for this?
 

viktOzzz

Master Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
0
I guess so, why you want to use DBS capitacard for this?

Well, I want to do recurring payment for convenience sake. Had forgotten once last month to pay the SP bill, and only remember when it's due for payment on the due date. Had to rush to find an AXS machine to pay the bills. I don't want to risk having going through this again.

And SP only use DBS credit cards for recurring payment mode...
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Well, I want to do recurring payment for convenience sake. Had forgotten once last month to pay the SP bill, and only remember when it's due for payment on the due date. Had to rush to find an AXS machine to pay the bills. I don't want to risk having going through this again.

And SP only use DBS credit cards for recurring payment mode...

Oic. I am charging my recurring payment on POSB everyday in case i forget to pay and it gets 1% rebate. Usually I pay before the recurring occur using other means with higher rebate.
 

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
Oic. I am charging my recurring payment on POSB everyday in case i forget to pay and it gets 1% rebate. Usually I pay before the recurring occur using other means with higher rebate.

Is there any way to set up "Giro" using credit card to pay these utilities bills or Starhub bill using Everyday Card? The Giro arrangement only allow linkage with Savings account though :(
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,204
Reaction score
3,609
Maybe he is trying to use Capitacard to get free parking. Everyday card's 1% rebate is capped right? Maybe free parking more valuable?

capitaland card last time not bad but rebates getting lesser so i cancel away
 

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
17,707
Reaction score
4,599
The security is the chip and the magnetic strip. The plastic has nothing to do with that

The magnetic strip doesn't seem to have much security.
All the banks disabled it for overseas use unless you activate it.
 

yknyong1

Master Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
0
Thanks Trazora & kokitty. Cos I remember I read somewhere before that recurring payment to SP can be done thru DBS credit cards but not sure which one...

So for now, the only credit card for recurring payment to SP is only with POSB everyday card?
Only POSB everyday card
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top