HK Flight Promo

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
jetstar having uob card promo ...
Hong Kong is 58sgd one way taxes in ...
you need to pay with your uob cc card or jetstar voucher

if u use ur uob cc card to pay, u need to pay 19sgd booking fees :)
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,614
Reaction score
123
jetstar having uob card promo ...
Hong Kong is 58sgd one way taxes in ...
you need to pay with your uob cc card or jetstar voucher

if u use ur uob cc card to pay, u need to pay 19sgd booking fees :)

like that, still worth it?

I am looking at travelling period 20-24 Nov 2016.
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,140
Reaction score
2,082
like that, still worth it?

I am looking at travelling period 20-24 Nov 2016.

to be honest, this one really depend on yourself what is your budget le. For me if take low cost airline, my max for hkg is $150 including tax cause now cx always have promo de around 200plus
 
Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,721
Reaction score
738
like that, still worth it?

I am looking at travelling period 20-24 Nov 2016.

Finds it ok.
But then there is always better deal.Nov is holiday season too.
I am flying start of Nov.
With about 250, can get for SQ.
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,614
Reaction score
123
Thanks all. Based on your experience for HK flights, if my travel is 20-25 Nov, would there be chance for flight promotion from Jetstar if I continue to wait?

I prefer Jet timing over Tiger's.

Also for Jetstar, is there any way to work around the fact that out of 3 travellers, I only need one to take up the check-in luggage bundle?

TIA
 

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
13,120
Reaction score
75
Thanks all. Based on your experience for HK flights, if my travel is 20-25 Nov, would there be chance for flight promotion from Jetstar if I continue to wait?

I prefer Jet timing over Tiger's.

Also for Jetstar, is there any way to work around the fact that out of 3 travellers, I only need one to take up the check-in luggage bundle?

TIA

What workaround? You just choose the check in baggage for one passenger only lor? They will default add in check in baggage for all passengers in the booking form, but you just need to remember to remove it for 2 passengers before going to next step.

At least that's how I remember jetstar's booking procedure. Have they changed it?
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,614
Reaction score
123
What workaround? You just choose the check in baggage for one passenger only lor? They will default add in check in baggage for all passengers in the booking form, but you just need to remember to remove it for 2 passengers before going to next step.

At least that's how I remember jetstar's booking procedure. Have they changed it?

Thanks for advice. Will go try later
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Thanks all. Based on your experience for HK flights, if my travel is 20-25 Nov, would there be chance for flight promotion from Jetstar if I continue to wait?

I prefer Jet timing over Tiger's.

Also for Jetstar, is there any way to work around the fact that out of 3 travellers, I only need one to take up the check-in luggage bundle?

TIA

Yup, jetstar timing is way better than tiger ...
tiger is about few hours later than jetstar in terms of departure timing
you can select checked in luggage individually ...
normally would always do that for all my flights.
however the person have to be present ...

if u need to add on checked in luggage after u have made payment, the price is more expensive than before making ur payments. can be 50% more ...
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,614
Reaction score
123
Payment only at last step, so can just go ahead and tinker around with the booking form first. :D

thanks !

you are right.

I am able to do separate allocation of check-in baggage and food.

Btw, I am travelling in a family of 3 (including myself) and if I were to opt for assigned seatings, anyone heard horror stories where Jetstar splitted the whole family to different seats?

Would like to see if I can save $13*6 = $78 worth of fees.

TIA again
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
thanks !

you are right.

I am able to do separate allocation of check-in baggage and food.

Btw, I am travelling in a family of 3 (including myself) and if I were to opt for assigned seatings, anyone heard horror stories where Jetstar splitted the whole family to different seats?

Would like to see if I can save $13*6 = $78 worth of fees.

TIA again

Normally never buy seats when travelling by jetstar ...
there is a couple of occasions whereby they split us into 2 and 1
even have once when we were assigned 3 seats at 3 diff rows ...
if u are not intending to buy seats, better checked in early at the airport ...

or u can web check in on the airline website ...
if u web check in, normally u would get to sit together ...
 

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
13,120
Reaction score
75
thanks !

you are right.

I am able to do separate allocation of check-in baggage and food.

Btw, I am travelling in a family of 3 (including myself) and if I were to opt for assigned seatings, anyone heard horror stories where Jetstar splitted the whole family to different seats?

Would like to see if I can save $13*6 = $78 worth of fees.

TIA again

This really depends on individual's perspective when it comes to seat selection.

Personally, my flight seat is very important to me. There was once I paid EUR60 just for seat selection (EUR30 each way - the airticket was a super saver category, so seat selection was not allowed) because I don't want to get stuck in a seat I'm uncomfortable with for 10 hours. I usually also pay for seat selection even when I take budget airlines like Jetstar. I go to the loo often (I get dehydrated easily when I'm in the air, so I drink a lot of water throughout the flight), and I would hate to keep disturbing the person seated at the aisle twice every hour just because I need to pee.

I am already paying quite a fair bit for airtickets and hotel accommodation, why would I skimp on seat selection, especially if I wanted to start my holiday on a happy note?

Similarly, Panerex, if you really require your family to be seated together (eg. your wife and you need to supervise your kid), I would say just pay for the seats and stop worrying about it. $76 is not a big deal - you can earn it back in a day's work. (I'm assuming, of course.) That's better than you not buying the seats and keep worrying whether can the 3 of you be seated together or not - all the way till your web check-in (which is only 48hrs before your flight).

Of course, you can choose NOT to pay for the seats first at the point of flight booking, then you just continue to monitor the unoccupied seats on the flights that you are taking. You can do it by "manage booking", and opt to buy seats - it should bring you to the page where it shows you which seat are occupied and which are not, and you are supposed to select the seats to move on to payment. Just go and beo whether are the seats almost fully booked, or there are still a lot of 3pax-together options, etc. You can always cancel the seat selection as long as you didn't make any payment. If you see the seats are getting booked up pretty fast (say 60% seats still not selected when you first check, and after 2 weeks when you checked, left 30% seats not selected), then I think you LLST, will have to just pay for the seat selection. Not sure if it'll be more expensive by that time, though. (You can also do this trick upon flight booking - just to see how many seats have already been selected/taken by other passengers, so that you can make a decision.)

Some would tell you that it's ok even if you are assigned to be seated at different sections, you can always ask fellow passengers if they are ok to change seats with you. Yes you can (though it's not recommended), but it also means that you are subjected to your fellow passengers' decisions. They can choose to say no, and you won't have any options left because you are already on the plane. So... I still feel that to avoid such headaches and possibly bad start to an otherwise great family holiday, just pay for the damn seats. :s13:
 

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2002
Messages
16,180
Reaction score
824
For budget airlines don't think there's free for all seating any more. Seats are assigned on booking. If want preferred seats have to pay.

Took the 2am flight on Scoot to hk in Jan and the flight was full!

Note that the closer to travel dates there booking the more expensive the fares. Also there's minimum period before travel when there's promo isn't applicable.

As for asking passengers to change, won't be easy as they could have paid for the seating. Unless you can offer equivalent seat or better...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top