HK Flight Promo

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,721
Reaction score
738
Stroller is FOC, best is bring to boarding gate as normally check in at counter, the chances of stroller damage is quite high. Also please remember to get the baggage tag for your stroller and ensure the staff tag it. As for Kid meal, If not wrong is really some snacks for the child.

For below 2, likely infant baby food.
 

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2002
Messages
16,179
Reaction score
823
Panerex planning 20 Nov-25 Nov.. Very hard to get promo for this period le. Dont think will have last min promo le since is sch holiday already. Anyway if really want to travel, just go ba

Your right cx cities cc promo At $278 travel is to 31 mar 2017 but big season fares apply from 19 nov.

If can shift a little earlier can mean quite some savings. Checked 11-14 nov can get $277.60
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,611
Reaction score
122
thanks all the helpful insights. really appreciate.

I am not able to shift the dates earlier due to work commitment.

I think I shall proceed to book from the local tour agent for the CX tickets. Per pax about $70 more as compared to Jetstar but at least have a bigger plane, full-flight service.
 

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
13,120
Reaction score
75
thanks all the helpful insights. really appreciate.

I am not able to shift the dates earlier due to work commitment.

I think I shall proceed to book from the local tour agent for the CX tickets. Per pax about $70 more as compared to Jetstar but at least have a bigger plane, full-flight service.

Are tour agency prices cheaper than buying direct from the airline? I always thought agency prices are more expensive. o_O
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Are tour agency prices cheaper than buying direct from the airline? I always thought agency prices are more expensive. o_O

Same thoughts here ...
if i m not wrong, if u were to book budget airline, prices normally cheaper if u were to book direct ...

For full fledged, I understand that they can use gds system to book ...
However, in my opinion, would still think book from direct airline or ota is better
afterall travel agencies need to sell higher, to cover their overheads and rental cost ...
 

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2002
Messages
16,179
Reaction score
823
I've encountered occasions where agency was able to give good price a while back. Not saying it's always the case.

I've checked cx online for period 20-25 nov best is $408. In this case, the agency is able to give a competitive price.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,721
Reaction score
738
I've encountered occasions where agency was able to give good price a while back. Not saying it's always the case.

I've checked cx online for period 20-25 nov best is $408. In this case, the agency is able to give a competitive price.
Self help probably get rebates back thru cashback program
400 for a few person can become anything from 3~7%
So may consider doing it yourself
Next, i heard before travel agent can be cheaper even for budget but then it is hard to believe though.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Self help probably get rebates back thru cashback program
400 for a few person can become anything from 3~7%
So may consider doing it yourself
Next, i heard before travel agent can be cheaper even for budget but then it is hard to believe though.

Agree ... last time my friend went to travel agencies to book ticket
then the airline also enter the budget airline website ...
then told my friend, we book for you, we would charge 20sgd more as admin fees.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,721
Reaction score
738
Agree ... last time my friend went to travel agencies to book ticket
then the airline also enter the budget airline website ...
then told my friend, we book for you, we would charge 20sgd more as admin fees.

One colleague of mine told me he got it cheaper for qingdao at travel agent in chinatown.
Or maybe promo was running while they were checking.
Anyone's guess.
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Hopefully SQ fares can drop to $270+ range for early Jan travel.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
One colleague of mine told me he got it cheaper for qingdao at travel agent in chinatown.
Or maybe promo was running while they were checking.
Anyone's guess.

Should be full fledged airline ...
my understanding is that gds system gives travel agencies cheaper price
is up to them to mark up how much they wanna sell the ticket ...
 

thwysg

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
3,549
Reaction score
748
Hopefully SQ fares can drop to $270+ range for early Jan travel.

Bought our SQ tickets during August promotion for early Jan too. Cost us $380+ each. I don't think it'll drop to $270+, unless you fly on weekdays to and back from HK and on early hours.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,721
Reaction score
738
Bought our SQ tickets during August promotion for early Jan too. Cost us $380+ each. I don't think it'll drop to $270+, unless you fly on weekdays to and back from HK and on early hours.

I fly on weekday back on Sat.
Price was 297 for sq.
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Bought our SQ tickets during August promotion for early Jan too. Cost us $380+ each. I don't think it'll drop to $270+, unless you fly on weekdays to and back from HK and on early hours.

Why so ex? You're going over the New Year's Day period? I am intending to fly on a Wed and back on Sat.
 

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2002
Messages
16,179
Reaction score
823
Hopefully SQ fares can drop to $270+ range for early Jan travel.

Looking for same period. Cx and sq can get below $300. Issue is flight out if around 7am or in afternoon. Hoping for delayed 9-10am
 

thwysg

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
3,549
Reaction score
748
Why so ex? You're going over the New Year's Day period? I am intending to fly on a Wed and back on Sat.

Yes. Fly on Sunday before 9am and back on Thu before 4pm. Just take 3D leave. Didn't want to take the flight too early as well.
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,611
Reaction score
122
Wow, you guys really plan early, all the way till next year already.

I always do at most 2 months in advance, hence can never enjoy good flight pricing
 

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
13,120
Reaction score
75
I bought my Dec Japan flight tickets back in April. I'm currently looking at March 2017 flights to HK, and already looking out for early bird flight deals to Taipei in Dec 2017...

I think I very kiasu haha..
 

thwysg

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
3,549
Reaction score
748
I bought my Dec Japan flight tickets back in April. I'm currently looking at March 2017 flights to HK, and already looking out for early bird flight deals to Taipei in Dec 2017...

I think I very kiasu haha..

Think generally many of us prefer to buy tickets early, plus promotions! I bought my April tickets to Japan last October and planned my itinerary only after I'd secured a 3N stay in MiraCosta (6 months before the trip). Planning for Japan again in next Nov. My friends like to book tickets at least 8-12 months ahead as well.

Anyway HK is quite near SG, my SO prefers here to Taiwan and SEA anytime too. So hope to come more often (that's if we could afford it) :)
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
I bought my Dec Japan flight tickets back in April. I'm currently looking at March 2017 flights to HK, and already looking out for early bird flight deals to Taipei in Dec 2017...

I think I very kiasu haha..

Dec, they would always block out ...
since demand is alot more higher than supply

however this year tiger have a one-off promo (usually would not happen)
during their ndp promo, they have 119sgd to taipei , only for one flight ...
even if end dec xmas or new year period, price is 191sgd

perhaps next year can look forward to good promo ..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top