Honor Magic 8 Series

ranmaru1987

Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
803
But i switched out X300 Pro for a weaker camera of M8 Pro wor.
Now in a dilemma. Me and my itchy hands.

lol.. so is m8p to x9p for weaker speaker but better os, then x9p to x300p for weaker os but better camera, then x9p to m8p for weaker camera but better speaker, then restart loop.. lol.. nv ending cycle..
 

Bweebweee

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
2,925
Reaction score
1,455
lol.. so is m8p to x9p for weaker speaker but better os, then x9p to x300p for weaker os but better camera, then x9p to m8p for weaker camera but better speaker, then restart loop.. lol.. nv ending cycle..
If I were to choose, I'll got x9p. Speaker not important at all, although it's fun, but OS is quite important. And tbh, camera all for daily usage is top of the line already, any difference is minor.

But too bad the other options no 1tb.... So, I'm stuck with a phone with better speaker, and personally, it feels the best in hand compared to the other 2. And this might be personal preference, but the screen looks crisper, I hv no idea why.
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,935
Reaction score
2,318
If I were to choose, I'll got x9p. Speaker not important at all, although it's fun, but OS is quite important. And tbh, camera all for daily usage is top of the line already, any difference is minor.

But too bad the other options no 1tb.... So, I'm stuck with a phone with better speaker, and personally, it feels the best in hand compared to the other 2. And this might be personal preference, but the screen looks crisper, I hv no idea why.
If os is important. Go iOS liao right haha
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,384
Reaction score
4,132
Was using this full time for my entire morning/afternoon, some girl shouted at me, look at me infatuated, calling me Nicholas 哥哥.

images
 
Last edited:

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,927
Reaction score
369
Btw any settings recommended to on or off for the Magic 8 Pro? I got quite overwhelmed while setting it up last night, so many permissions and settings omg
there is a screen lock button under the widget.
 

chari-men

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
6,279
Reaction score
2,552
If I were to choose, I'll got x9p. Speaker not important at all, although it's fun, but OS is quite important. And tbh, camera all for daily usage is top of the line already, any difference is minor.

But too bad the other options no 1tb.... So, I'm stuck with a phone with better speaker, and personally, it feels the best in hand compared to the other 2. And this might be personal preference, but the screen looks crisper, I hv no idea why.
Honor has smaller screen with higher pixel density vs oppo... If u use the same resolution on a screen smaller than honor magic8 pro that screen will look crispier also..
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,384
Reaction score
4,132
Using it for 1/2 a day and holding it tightly in my hand to sleep last night. I'm starting to like the M8 Pro more now.

- Easier to hold for 1 handed usage
- 3D face unlock works very well, a bit too well.
- 3840Hz Ultra-High Frequency PWM Dimming
- Charges fast too
- Pseudo Liquid Glass UI
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,935
Reaction score
2,318
Using it for 1/2 a day and holding it tightly in my hand to sleep last night. I'm starting to like the M8 Pro more now.

- Easier to hold for 1 handed usage
- 3D face unlock works very well, a bit too well.
- 3840Hz Ultra-High Frequency PWM Dimming
- Charges fast too
- Pseudo Liquid Glass UI

Means gonna keep for now? Haha
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
Using it for 1/2 a day and holding it tightly in my hand to sleep last night. I'm starting to like the M8 Pro more now.

- Easier to hold for 1 handed usage
- 3D face unlock works very well, a bit too well.
- 3840Hz Ultra-High Frequency PWM Dimming
- Charges fast too
- Pseudo Liquid Glass UI
I thought it is 4320hz?
 

rharish_21

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
265
But too bad the other options no 1tb.... So, I'm stuck with a phone with better speaker, and personally, it feels the best in hand compared to the other 2. And this might be personal preference, but the screen looks crisper, I hv no idea why.

I completely agree with the screen looks crisper point.

I have compared the Magic 8 Pro against the Vivo X300 Pro at many challengers and Harvey Norman demo sets, Magic 8 Pro is definitely crisper and brighter but with X9 pro, i feel crisper but the brightness is more or less the same.
 

Bweebweee

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
2,925
Reaction score
1,455
I completely agree with the screen looks crisper point.

I have compared the Magic 8 Pro against the Vivo X300 Pro at many challengers and Harvey Norman demo sets, Magic 8 Pro is definitely crisper and brighter but with X9 pro, i feel crisper but the brightness is more or less the same.
And that's weird to me, because I had concerns, and voiced it out here, that the phone uses OLED over AMOLED, which is supposedly "better". Guess im one of those that get cheated by these buzzwords without understanding what they are.
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,935
Reaction score
2,318
Nothing for certain but I kinda like it … what casing are you using bro? What tempered glass you ordered?

Btw what colour mode are you guys using? Normal, vivid or professional?
Gotten the tempered glass from taobao that is free shipping with $199rmb one. Think only one store selling most of it. Case anyhow buy those that have the camera protection
 

rharish_21

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
265
And that's weird to me, because I had concerns, and voiced it out here, that the phone uses OLED over AMOLED, which is supposedly "better". Guess im one of those that get cheated by these buzzwords without understanding what they are.
For me its just more than buzz words. Sub pixel matix, brightness and PWM all makes a huge impact on the screen clarity. And we have to agree my eyes and others eyes are not going to be the same. Thats why its very subjective
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top