Huawei Mate 10

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This phone is damn lasting. I used for months to a year passed to my wife. She also used for a year or two, then I bought ourselves 2 Samsung phones. This phone became a spare. Then recently Samsung screen spoil, so I migrated back to this phone. I think I will use until spoil. Sometimes got Bluetooth problems and also Spotify cannot display lyrics. But heck care... Minor issues. Just continue using.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Mate series seems to be built like a tank.

My Mate 9 is still going strong as a backup phone and my Mate 20 Pro still runs very fast despite 2 years+ old.

meandyou

Master Member
Reaction score
Can any kindsoul show the photo of the pattern lock on Mate 10 Pro screen?
My screen is crack and blank screen on the phone, when connected to monitor the pattern wont show up on the screen and i need to keep guessing where is the pattern lock dotted line is.

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey there, any mate 10 pro user experience their battery bloated up?

Mine just did this morning and was thinking what to do with it and their service centre is close today

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey there, any mate 10 pro user experience their battery bloated up?

Mine just did this morning and was thinking what to do with it and their service centre is close today

The battery is badly damaged and you should not recharge it anymore. I suggest leaving it at a cool dry place without any combustible materials near it in case it catches fire by itself.

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it true that sending the phone to huawei servicing then it will lose the water resistant ability?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Am at the Huawei service center. The power button has become increasingly difficult to press. The cost of changing the screen and battery is $80+. Decided to go ahead. Since they are charging $50 to change the battery only, it works out to be $30+ for a new screen. Quite lazy to do research for a new phone and don't really want to spend for a new phone either.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am at the Huawei service center. The power button has become increasingly difficult to press. The cost of changing the screen and battery is $80+. Decided to go ahead. Since they are charging $50 to change the battery only, it works out to be $30+ for a new screen. Quite lazy to do research for a new phone and don't really want to spend for a new phone either.
Am having issues with the volume down button and power button on my Mate 10 too. Does the $80 includes the changing of the button too?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Am having issues with the volume down button and power button on my Mate 10 too. Does the $80 includes the changing of the button too?
It's $87.10.

They said it's the screen that's causing the buttons issue. And when they removed the back cover, the paint came off!!! So it became a transparent back. They wanted to charge me for a new cover. I said it's their quality issue. Their quality won't last more than 2 years? They later waived the back cover fee.

Am waiting to collect my phone now. Will update again later.

My previous LG phone lasted me approximate 4-5 years without issues. I just had to change the (removable) battery.

Edit: They said it's one set of screen plus buttons plus battery so the buttons are new too.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's $87.10.

They said it's the screen that's causing the buttons issue. And when they removed the back cover, the paint came off!!! So it became a transparent back. They wanted to charge me for a new cover. I said it's their quality issue. Their quality won't last more than 2 years? They later waived the back cover fee.

Am waiting to collect my phone now. Will update again later.

My previous LG phone lasted me approximate 4-5 years without issues. I just had to change the (removable) battery.

Edit: They said it's one set of screen plus buttons plus battery so the buttons are new too.
Do they factory reset your Mate 10 for the servicing?

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have to say I'm loving my Huawei again after the change in battery and screen (with side buttons)! Feels like I'm using a new phone!

Have restored it with the backup with all apps and data intact!
U backup to computer?

Planning to replace battery on my p30 pro

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have to say I'm loving my Huawei again after the change in battery and screen (with side buttons)! Feels like I'm using a new phone!

Have restored it with the backup with all apps and data intact!

I also want to change my battery. The phone is still very snappy after almost 4 years. :D

cosycatus

Reaction score
I self change with a 15 bucks battery from AliExpress because the giam siap me don't want pay 50 bucks.
Working well..no need data reset to.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I self change with a 15 bucks battery from AliExpress because the giam siap me don't want pay 50 bucks.
Working well..no need data reset to.

It is tempting to use a 3rd party battery and DIY. However, with superfast charging that might cause a fire with 3rd party battery, I prefer to pay a bit more for the original battery and the changing service.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.