Huawei P40 Series

andyhtc

Suspended
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
20,974
Reaction score
11,114
Need help! How can I use WAZE? The map is not showing.

I have not tried WAZE. I recommend HEREWeGo. In terms of map details (e.g. block number and countdown distance to expressway exit) for driver navigation, it is better than Google Map.
 

calaislily

Junior Member
Joined
May 24, 2010
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I have not tried WAZE. I recommend HEREWeGo. In terms of map details (e.g. block number and countdown distance to expressway exit) for driver navigation, it is better than Google Map.
I m hving so many issues. My Watsapp msgs are channelled to my old phone without SIM card and not to the new phone. Any idea how I can rectify this?
 

technolust

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
323
1. IDK but NO notification from SHOPPEE or CAROUSELL, it doesn't matter app is available from playstore/huawei app store

2. U cant sideload netflix. U can't even find netflix app on Google playstore, this coz huawei no digital license support, hence u can't find/install netflix from any source.

3. Singpass not avail

4. Google pay wallet not available. Huawei wallet only support union cc in SG, no master/visa
Let me address your concerns
1) no workaround carouhell notifications . Best way is to set email alerts so u get an email saying u have a notification. Similar for shopper

2) you can sideload Netflix but u cannot use the latest version . U need to load an older version. Try for one in 2020 and then log in. After about a week then u try updating the app up to the newer version.

3) singpass is now available on Huawei app gallery . I have installed and tested. Works fine on my m40p

4) No Google wallet. I suggest to use Singtel dash . It will work fully like Google pay via NFC and even can be used for mrt and buses like an ezlink card
 

Brisman33

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
I was on the point of buying this phone yesterday, I spent over an hour in Starhub going through all the work arounds to the Google Play store and could get everything I wanted. However, whilst the phone had the "ActiveSG" app installed, when I opened it there was a message saying that it would not work. Apparently something to do with Google Mobile Services, which is why UBER won't work at all as it needs location.

Whilst not having UBER wasn't a deal breaker now that GRAB has taken over in SE Asia, not being able to book gym sessions was. I'm now looking at the Samsung Galaxy S21 instead.
 

anganth

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Hi Gurus,

How to upgrade my firmware to EMUI 11? I am using Model-ELS-NX9 with firmware 1.1.0.131 sideloaded, since the GMS was loaded, not able to get new firmware. It is recommended to go EMUI 11 or just stay put?

Thanks.
 

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,928
Reaction score
370
For those who have a problem with no notification, which also a known problem for Huawei phones.
Setting --> Battery - App Launch --> Just set the app to Manage manually with all 3 options enabled

With this setting, I got no problem with the notification alert. I had been using this method from P20 Pro til P40 Pro+.
 

Brisman33

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
I ended up buying the P40 PRO+ and am really pleased with it. I found I could use the Active SG app after all. BlueSG electric car sharing app won't function without a work around and there are a few other of my normal apps which don't operate but there are plenty of alternatives. The camera is fantastic, I pointed it in the general direction of the Trace Together code at the gym this morning and it scanned me straight in. Setting up was more work but quite fun discovering all the alternatives.

This guy has a method of running GMS using "OurPlay" but obviously I'm concerned about having Chinese malware/spyware on my phone. Has anyone had any problems with "OurPlay" ?

 

chuppychup

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
0
Any 1 facing issues with Itacho Sushi App with Huawei P40pro+ ? Got hang at the log in screen after trying to log in , seems like it is potentially a google requirement ?

My phone has GMS sideloaded
 

Brisman33

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
I tried running the app inside "Ourplay" and it went fine. OP seems to do a fairly good job of mimicking Google and everything I've run that needs location services has been fine.
 

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
14,172
Reaction score
1,243
I tried running the app inside "Ourplay" and it went fine. OP seems to do a fairly good job of mimicking Google and everything I've run that needs location services has been fine.
This seems a bit ... dangerous? It's like a gateway. All G apps will passed through this gateway? How about calendar/contact sync all that?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top