Huawei P40 Series

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
12,556
Reaction score
2,183
anyone have a direct link to debugger account at carousell ? i can't seem to find him ...
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
Noob question -

For users who have sideload gms, can GPay be used?

To make transport payments via nfc or shopping at supermarkets etc.

Posted from PCWX using GAGT
Use singtel dash pay for public transport instead. The app works using the phone's built in nfc

Sent from HUAWEI ELS-NX9 using GAGT
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
hi experts, i'm a new owner to a p40 pro which i like very much.

i wanted to have some tips if I there's any work around for contactless payment?

I understand there's a ban in place and gpay does not work, and when I check Wallet in the phone, it does not support VISA/MASTERCARD it seems, only some chinese and russian banks it seemed.

However, is there any other app that can be used for nfc payments in fair price and other common pay wave shops?

appreciate any tips. thx
Yes, singtel dash pay app

Sent from HUAWEI ELS-NX9 using GAGT
 

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
18,414
Reaction score
3,472
Use singtel dash pay for public transport instead. The app works using the phone's built in nfc

Sent from HUAWEI ELS-NX9 using GAGT

Thanks for the reply, I'm thinking of using GPay for its cashback rewards program.

So that means even if I successfully sideload gms, I won't be able to use GPay?

Another 2 things is, can I use gmaps for grab app as per normal and since my phone contacts is saved under my Google account, once I sideload gms, I can upload my phone contacts and also save new contacts into my Google account right?

Posted from PCWX using GAGT
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
Thanks for the reply, I'm thinking of using GPay for its cashback rewards program.

So that means even if I successfully sideload gms, I won't be able to use GPay?

Another 2 things is, can I use gmaps for grab app as per normal and since my phone contacts is saved under my Google account, once I sideload gms, I can upload my phone contacts and also save new contacts into my Google account right?

Posted from PCWX using GAGT
Sorry can't answer anything to do with sideloading gms as I didn't try. But I firmly believe you won't be able to use gpay no matter how successfully you sideload gms. As for maps, possible, have to try to know. I use grab app without the map working and I'm fine with it

Sent from HUAWEI ELS-NX9 using GAGT
 

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2002
Messages
21,557
Reaction score
2,237
Sorry can't answer anything to do with sideloading gms as I didn't try. But I firmly believe you won't be able to use gpay no matter how successfully you sideload gms. As for maps, possible, have to try to know. I use grab app without the map working and I'm fine with it

Sent from HUAWEI ELS-NX9 using GAGT

just wondering grab app any chance we can chg to waze or any 3rd party map instead of google map
 

rwhppy

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Thank you very much for the clues, saved my life.
Now everything include singpass works on my P40 pro without any issue.:s12::s12::s12:

I am using p40p+ now. Awesome excellent phone!
(this is my choice after using S20Ultra, find X2 pro, m30p, p40p & iPhoneXSproMax)

I had side-loaded (I am techie enough so why not).
Google is consciously making it harder harder to do so although, personally, I still find it easy enough. However, you have to manage your expectations!
The real challenge is on 2 aspects after side-loading:

1) Apps using google map APIs.
-some will work with side load (like Grab)
-others will not (like Fave, Foodpanda, Deliveroo)
*take note that the apps work, just not the map or location pinpointing portion
-there are workarounds by utilizing internet browsers

2)Notifications issues with app using Google API
(not a lot of discussion about this currently but this is the most painful roadblock now)
-the apps work, just that you will not be getting notifications
-Singpass cannot work due to this
-all apps that uses Google api for notification (like slack for e.g and a lot of apps out there, govn apps are almost all on this api as well) will not or wont work well (app launch setting tweaks will not help)
*apps like whatsapp, telegram, wechat, etc don't uses google api for notifications luckily (so app launch settings will help)
**There are workarounds and I had managed to get passed (most, not all) this notification issue so my Singpass & Slack are working.
Trace together still refuses to work...lol.
(sorry, I am not posting any guides because they are not fool-proof or 100% working, go research and do it at your own risk. I am still in the midst of trial and error as well.)

However, the workaround may or may not messed up your google based mapping functions and certain apps that uses google notification API might still not work

So in conclusion, there will be inconveniences and things will probably get worse on the google side of things (seeing that Google is making progressive effort to lock down their licensed services) if you go the GMS route.

Solution:
-HMS get enough traction to push all apps makers to go HMS api or 3rd party neutral api
-USA reconcile with China (T_T) for the greater good of global economy
(Dont fight during covid lah, its a lose-lose)

Do not get the wrong idea that I am bashing the phone. No point sugar coating. Use the info above to manage your expectations.
P40p+ is my primary phone now (& highly likely for the rest of 2020 at least) and I love it.
I am fairly google reliant (my company is on google services =p) and so far, with some efforts, I live by with some minor inconveniences.
...and I am prepared to further tinker on in time...
Android is an open source afterall
 

Patrick76

Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Keen on trying Huawei P40 as my spare phone for office.
Just wondering if googlefier will work on the non pro version.
 

Zaedalus

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
8
Just got new sealed p40pro $770 from lazada. Does phone clone app also migrate wifi passwords?
 

sanji37

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
Anyone know hw to troubleshoot the Google play store? Suddenly my Google is gone.. Tried to redo the whole procedure to get back but still can't.. Tia
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top